How to notify a poster in your post?

Jaylinbridges

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK, what is the magic word to notify a poster in the orange text with the @Joe Blow in an orange background?

I have tried exactly what the html script says, eg.  >@JoeBlow and every other combination and nothing works.

And why is it impossible to find this out? Where is the help page?  I searched for an hour before asking here!

Edited by Jaylinbridges

You can just start typing @Jaylinb... for example and you should get  a dropdown if the forum recognizes it, but to be honest it's a bit finicky @Jaylinbridges.

It's a lot easier to quote something someone else said either with the "+" button near the lower left of their last post in the thread or by highlighting a part of their post and clicking the dropdown.

6 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Where is the help page?

:/ can't seem to find one.

4 minutes ago, Quistessa said:

You can just start typing @Jaylinb... for example and you should get  a dropdown if the forum recognizes it, but to be honest it's a bit finicky

Thanks!  I never got the dropdown because I was typing too fast. I guess the 1982 IBM MSDOS PC they are using takes a few seconds to recognize @ as a command character.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Made no difference, the @ command was simply not producing a dropdown at any speed.  I tried about 20 times over the course of an hour, and @ did not respond.  It's working now.  As @Quistessa said, it is sometimes finicky.  For me that was for a couple hours last night.

Edited by Jaylinbridges

• 1 month later...

You can try typing a space after the '@' then start with the name. In the early days of this version of the forum that was the ONLY way to get the link/alert.

@Jaylinbridges As soon as I type the space after @ I get the drop down. I have tried skipping the space. Then I notice it matters how quickly I type the next letter. Too fast and it doesn't always work.

I have only ever seen this "@" information passing from user to user. I was never able to find it in SL help. You can however jump over to the forum for Invision Software and read their manuals for this forum's software. Invision Help

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.