Shoes with Huds

Mayalily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Go with what you like and makes you feel best - it's your money.

I love my Maschienenwerk sneakers, and I'm glad I got the colors I wanted before it disappeared from search again. (Does anyone know what happened? I hope he didn't leave Second Life.) The store seems to go from parcel to parcel fairly often, so it can be hard to track down. Last I saw a lot of the freebie stuff wasn't there any more. I tried to tip when I went but I doubt many people did - and that tier is a killer. So I wouldn't blame him if he did shut down shop. (If you didn't know, Maschienenwerk had great, original freebies, for men and some for women, for years.)

I sometimes wear a pair of sandals I got at Chuculet for 1 Linden.

Although you said you have given up on HUD shoes, I'm going to post a link to the 60L weekend website anyway. Check every Saturday morning, and there will be a couple of hundred new things for sale for 60L. They often have some "HUD shoes" in there with the sculpty feet - for 60L a pair. I'm going to post that link in case anyone lurking in the topic might be interested.  Do you still want some landmarks or SLurls here (or both) to regular shoes? Say if you do, and I'll do that when I'm in world next.

http://picasaweb.google.com/60LindenSunday/Official60LPhotos#   I love that they have a photo gallery with SLurls to use. I wish 50L Friday did the same thing. I got muted in the 50L group for being helpful! LOL (One less group slot though. Woot) You'll perhaps find in SL that some creators/owners are amazing, and love when other people help promote, cheerlead, or give info about them. Others? Couldn't fit their ego into an airplane hangar.

So I tend not to cheerlead for them :) But I'd mention them anyway, for the person's sake, if there were a photo/SLurl page like 60L Weekends has.  60L Weekends goes on twice as long anyway - all weekend until midnight Sunday SL time. And every creator I've gotten to know through there has been awesome.

Hope that helps someone.

Jacki Silverfall wrote:

Malita,

I'm not inworld right now, but if you still want the LM for Maschienenwerk I can get it. I was there about a month ago. He has great jogging outfits too.

He does. And I always liked to give new residents with male avatars his landmark. 

Have you been there recently? I didn't see it as of a week ago. Maybe my search is borked.

Thank you for the help :)

ETA: True to her word, Jacki sent me a landmark in world. I took the taxi and it turns out Maschienenwerk has rebranded to Uboro, and is now on Adult land. Here is the SLurl but it requires the avatar being account or age verified before you can go.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Dead%20Drop/209/150/23

The shoes are now group gifts, and they sell avatar shapes and skins for $1000 Linden. But it is the same stuff.

I don't see any of the clothes, though. They had some really nice men's clothes, jackets, t shirts and jeans. Maybe the lesson here is "support free places while you can," everybody. :(

I have shoes with huds & I hardly wear them. The skin tone never looks exactly right as it also depends on the windlight you're using and the lighting. So, even if you succeed in getting the skin to match fairly even for YOU, that doesn't mean it will appear that way to someone else. Also with lag, shoes don't always rezz so why bother doing all that work for nothing? Out of all the peeps I've seen wearing shoes with huds, I can count on one hand the ones in which skin tone matches. Plus I wear more than one skin and usually ones that are less popular, in which skin matching info isn't provided. And I've noticed even when it is, it's not a guarantee that you will get a wonderful match & I really don't find spending a major amount of my SL time (because it's not a quick process) matching skin colors as a fun way to play SL lol. I usually wear pumps if I want to wear heels. I do like Pixel Mode but Tya's closing shop for awhile. G Field is great as well.

Okay Lyra, I have some time now to (hopefully) get some shoes without a hud.  :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:  I wrote down all the names in your post here and I'm ready for the hunt.

Oh, btw, I typed in G Field in my destination area inworld and came up with nothing, but I spelled it GField with no space, or else G Field is on Marketplace?  I haven't checked yet.

I so hope I can get some cute shoes without a hud! 

I found G Field inworld.  I had spelled it wrong like this GField.  The store was great and I got my first pair of great hudless shoes for $180 lindens and thought that was an excellent price!  :matte-motes-bashful-cute:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.