Father last names?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1029 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 6/17/2021 at 5:48 PM, Coffee Pancake said:

Mystic
Fae
Mote
Woodsprite
Silvius
Fyrewik
Padfoot

These seem like they should have gone live during the fantasy faire and not SL18B.

But LL is not out to help FF sell or gain donations, they're here to sell their own content, understood.

I don't know if this is worth $40 to anybody but I do see people getting out of bad name choices by buying these new names so...wouldn't it be great if they had a monthly lottery for them!

12 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

It's a vanity last name. They are ALL cash grabs. That is literally the entire point. 

IMO Daddy is a great SL last name and aside from the obvious vibes has a notable place in gay & queer culture. More power to anyone who gets one, especially all the girls. 

Just curious. I gotta ask this. How does it have a notable place in gay and queer culture mate? I only ask because I do have a lot of friends on here that are either homosexual or trans. and I literally know no one who would make that claim. lol😎

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.

48 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Just curious. I gotta ask this. How does it have a notable place in gay and queer culture mate? I only ask because I do have a lot of friends on here that are either homosexual or trans. and I literally know no one who would make that claim. lol😎

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daddy_(slang)

15 minutes ago, Chris Nova said:

Ok but whats the word in SL most associated within the bdsm community they picked for Fathers Day? 

Daddy

Whats the community everyone thought of when they saw the last name Daddy? 

BDSM. 

I was merely answering a question.  I'm not involved in the gay community in SL so I can't speak directly to that.  He asked how the word Daddy had a place in the gay and queer culture.

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

I was merely answering a question.  I'm not involved in the gay community in SL so I can't speak directly to that.  He asked how the word Daddy had a place in the gay and queer culture.

Oh I know. It does have a place in that culture (ive never heard my gay/queer friends say that term either, honestly). Maybe its a rare thing. But in SL? Means waaaay different 😂 

• Haha 2

Luckily for those who are unfamiliar with the term, Watts the Safeword made a video / Q&A about it just this week!

Edited by Orwar
Formatting
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

Ok but whats the word in SL most associated within the bdsm community they picked for Fathers Day? 

Daddy

Whats the community everyone thought of when they saw the last name Daddy? 

BDSM. 

If that was the case, it would have come up on the first page of this thread, not in the tea leaves at the bottom of the 3rd.

Even giving it benefit of the doubt, so what?

Don't give LL $40 and don't change your last name to Daddy. Don't affectionately call anyone Daddy, and sternly correct anyone who calls you it .. wait

Problem solved!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Quistessa said:

Or in the much more fun and silly English parlance,

736px-Music_rests.svg.png

(Apologies to those of us on the dark theme :/)

I always loved the sound of hemidemisemiquaver

I could never figure out how to work it into a conversation.

Edited by Doris Johnsky
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1029 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.