Jump to content

The BIG Reveal -- WOW!


Recommended Posts

I think this is one of those themes I'll be getting for the content pack, decorating, and abandoning within the month. I fully intend to break out my entire fairy light collection for the limited time I'm there, however.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will definitely get one. I am awed by the beautiful plants/surroundings. However, I am not sure how long I will want to stay there... I am a bit concerned about the "always dark outside" environment and not sure I can decorate those large houses to my satisfaction with only 351 LI.

I will have to play with it and get my hands on it to determine if it becomes a forever home or not.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ooops! Posted this on the wrong page. Since I can't delete, I'll leave it here and maybe it can be moved. I don't think I can do that. So, here goes:

Let's keep asking LL to bring a contemporary theme. Did anyone else see Oberwolf Linden, Head Honcho, on Lab Gab today? He repeated - several times - that the Lindens want to give us what we want. A contemporary, mid century, modern theme! @Abnor Moleplease pass this on!

Ps: If anybody missed this, and especially if you are worried about the new owners, watch this. You will feel better.

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would of loved to see some moss or something on the bottom of the fences and the buildings so they would not be so right in your face against the ground, so it would fade with the ground a bit, maybe a little less trees and replace those with some more mesh grass so the ground is not so flat. However I do love the idea of the place.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

I think this is one of those themes I'll be getting for the content pack, decorating, and abandoning within the month. I fully intend to break out my entire fairy light collection for the limited time I'm there, however.

 

Please please make sure you post pictures of your decorating.  It is going to be spectacular!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I am a bit concerned about the "always dark outside" environment

The neighbourhood does look especially magical in the night time setting. If that is to be the default for the theme once released it is easy to set the environment to your preference on your own parcel. I have one of my homes set to mimic my RL time zone with a 24 hour day and GMT. It’s lovely to mirror my sitting after dark with subdued lighting with the addition of a ticking grandfather clock that soothes me whilst reading.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Sister Nova said:

If that is to be the default for the theme once released it is easy to set the environment to your preference on your own parcel.

No, no, no. Every parcel its own sky is miserable to travel through. The sun is constantly zipping across the sky and shadows fly around. It's creepy.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, animats said:

No, no, no. Every parcel its own sky is miserable to travel through. The sun is constantly zipping across the sky and shadows fly around. It's creepy.

Stick to the public land and you'll have no problem

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, animats said:

Is that just for SL18B, or is it for the actual homes?

They've not said, but they don't usually go for fixed skies outside of events. They want to show off the night glow, but I'd be really surprised if it wasn't a regular day/night cycle.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, animats said:

No, no, no. Every parcel its own sky is miserable to travel through. The sun is constantly zipping across the sky and shadows fly around. It's creepy.

You do realize with EEP that you also have the option to choose an EEP and set it to yourself instead of using "shared environment."  It should not be on the shoulders of land owners to make sure your experience of shared environment is to your liking.  Choose a consistent EEP and set it to yourself and you will have zero issues with crazy environment changes.

 

Also for the record I am an explorer and a pilot.  I travel over peoples Bellisseria parcels every single day and never have an issue when i set it this way.  Also it allows me to create an EEP that I enjoy personally for the purposes of exploration.

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was like WEEEEE when I saw the giant mushrooms, the perfect bridges and the overgrown paths...until I saw the houses!
They are way to huge for this kinda setting T^T I would love so many rooms in Traditionals or such, I do not know why but for me such magical foresty huts should be...small...cramped and cozy, just like Radagasts hut in the forest or such x3 
But the landscaping is truly magical and was instant love T^T 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So at his talk today, Patch said that the homes will have regular day cycles and that the glow would only be on at night, not during the day. He also said the glow will do seasons of a sort.. for example winter will have a region-wide blue color, and each of the seasons will have their own color scheme.

He also said that the fantasy region would not be inside Bellisseria directly but its own subcontinent.

And when asked "when" he did his usual Trademark "Soon" .. with the caveat that it could be a couple of months because LL still has some details to sort out... including how the fantasy regions would connect to the rest of the word. The word "portal" was thrown out as a possibility ... but nothing was decided yet.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The seasonal thing answers the question of why the demo region is one set of colours and the rest of the birthday has other colours. I could see it causing more rerolling issues if regions were different colours. This way, everyone gets all the colours.

I will put my vote towards being connected in a non-fantastical way to everywhere else. I'd like to be able to fly/swim from there and be able to reach the other connected bits without having to teleport. It could still be placed away from the realistic homes if that's wanted, but it could be away and connected to a mainland continent by sea. After all the work so far in connecting everywhere, it'd be a step backwards to make it a teleport-only area. A sea connection wouldn't stop them putting portals in the woods as an extra.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

So at his talk today, Patch said that the homes will have regular day cycles and that the glow would only be on at night, not during the day. He also said the glow will do seasons of a sort.. for example winter will have a region-wide blue color, and each of the seasons will have their own color scheme.

He also said that the fantasy region would not be inside Bellisseria directly but its own subcontinent.

And when asked "when" he did his usual Trademark "Soon" .. with the caveat that it could be a couple of months because LL still has some details to sort out... including how the fantasy regions would connect to the rest of the word. The word "portal" was thrown out as a possibility ... but nothing was decided yet.

Separation by a big ocean would be wonderful.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

You do realize with EEP that you also have the option to choose an EEP and set it to yourself instead of using "shared environment."  It should not be on the shoulders of land owners to make sure your experience of shared environment is to your liking.  Choose a consistent EEP and set it to yourself and you will have zero issues with crazy environment changes.

Yes.  I have been avoiding EEP, but just recently dipped my toes into it.  It seems needlessly complex to me, and I am still smarting from losing my time-of-day slider in Firestorm's quick prefs, but in some ways it is pretty cool.  I've found these two posts from@Inara Peyto be helpful.

https://modemworld.me/2020/04/21/tutorial-environment-enhancements-project-eep/2/    [this is a pretty long tutorial, which I have to admit I've only absorbed parts of]

https://modemworld.me/2020/12/10/firestorm-6-4-12-the-eep-and-more-release/

Note that, as Inara mentions, Firestorm has a setting to persist your personal EEP settings across logins, which has allowed me to so far avoid having to figure out how to save a slightly modified shared EEP setting :)  I do not know if the SL viewer has added that  to its EEP implementation.

 

Oh, and I too would very much prefer that the fantasy regions be reachable by water from current Belli, as opposed to requiring a teleport to access.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

I will put my vote towards being connected in a non-fantastical way to everywhere else. I'd like to be able to fly/swim from there and be able to reach the other connected bits without having to teleport. It could still be placed away from the realistic homes if that's wanted, but it could be away and connected to a mainland continent by sea. After all the work so far in connecting everywhere, it'd be a step backwards to make it a teleport-only area. A sea connection wouldn't stop them putting portals in the woods as an extra.

If the fantasy region is reachable by ocean, one cool way to avoid an overly-fantastical transition, would be to do a boat ride as in the book The Mists of Avalon (a book I loved!) Like the title, there was a very thick mist in a certain area--if the sailor was human, they just passed thru it & got to a normal island. But a druid could find the route thru the mist & reach their island.  Perfectly safe & hidden from human eyes! 😄

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The fantasy theme is stunning as are all the latest themes but on a personal note I do tend to view the earlier regions as Bellisseria proper - is it some kind of nostalgia? It is strange - I have two years of memories within the earlier areas and whenever I branch out into themes "further out" I feel disconnected. It should not matter but to me I like to be within the earlier regions. The earlier camper regions close to the big lake are about as "out there" as I feel comfortable with.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a theme, this doesn't really work for me. It doesn't help to be living in a country where it's possible to walk past real medieval buildings every day. The building have a fake medieval feel, much like the Chalet homes are fake Alpine, and maybe still very American as a result. It's not bad, but it leads to what would be the bigger problem for me.

Essentially, the scenery dial gets turned up to 11 (and you can see where the scenery items came from for SL18B as a whole) and it lurches into being silly. I just can't believe in giant mushrooms, they'd collapse under their own weight, and that's only the most obvious flaw.

And something else to think about for a fantasy theme. Where are the stables? There are fantasy offshoots, such as steampunk, which can escape that, but where do you keep the horses (or equivalents such as camels) that everyone depends on? Not everyone has their own horse (it's the same as the Wild West) but where is the equivalent of the hitching rail?

So, nice work, but this theme doesn't work for me. It has the feel of a fake Elderglen thrown up be a property developer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think its logical with portals, mist or a train station as in Harry Potter to access this world though. And if next theme will be ”space” it will be a bumpy ride to sail to. We will need rockets 🚀 Please no hate, its just my personal view ❤️ Each to their own 😊

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...