Mesh Head & Body Stats (Round 3)

Lucia Nightfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 871 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So It's been over 5 months since my last report. I've been sitting on a new round of stats for a month and wanted to do a more in-depth studies such as splitting reports into body by gender and body+breast mods, but just haven't have the time to work on it lately and still wanted to release something so it's yet another head and body list.

Top 300 heads with 136,093 unique wearers (up from 20,419 unique wearers) :

JmtXVGy.png

Top 300 bodies with 145,390 unique wearers (up from 21,840 unique wearers) :

UOp877X.png

Things of interest this round include:

1. #1 is STILL holding at 40% market share.
  2. The Kupra body, as it did last round, has gained more ground, making it to #5, up from #16 last round.

Caveats:

1. The Kupra body is listed twice due to each having different creators, assuming the original creator later went with a new account to market it.
  2. There are a few "Unknown" entries where redactions were made due to the head/body either not being mesh or being an improperly branded/labeled, third-party, resold full-perm head/body.
  3. There are most likely lesser Legacy Male counts and greater Legacy Athletic Male values due to the error mentioned last round.
  4. Data is a month old, so any heads/bodies that came out within the last four weeks won't have stats data.

The lists contain mesh heads/bodies from human, anime, furry, feral & robot avatars. Data was collected via "bots" traveling the grid. All manner of venues were visited to limit/reduce theme-skewed data.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 8

2 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

So It's been over 5 months since my last report. I've been sitting on a new round of stats for a month and wanted to do a more in-depth studies such as splitting reports into body by gender and body+breast mods, but just haven't have the time to work on it lately and still wanted to release something so it's yet another head and body list.

Top 300 heads with 136,093 unique wearers (up from 20,419 unique wearers) :

JmtXVGy.png

Top 300 bodies with 145,390 unique wearers (up from 21,840 unique wearers) :

UOp877X.png

Things of interest this round include:

1. #1 is STILL holding at 40% market share.
  2. The Kupra body, as it did last round, has gained more ground, making it to #5, up from #16 last round.

Caveats:

1. The Kupra body is listed twice due to each having different creators, assuming the original creator later went with a new account to market it.
  2. There are a few "Unknown" entries where redactions were made due to the head/body either not being mesh or being an improperly branded/labeled, third-party, resold full-perm head/body.
  3. There are most likely lesser Legacy Male counts and greater Legacy Athletic Male values due to the error mentioned last round.
  4. Data is a month old, so any heads/bodies that came out within the last four weeks won't have stats data.

The lists contain mesh heads/bodies from human, anime, furry, feral & robot avatars. Data was collected via "bots" traveling the grid. All manner of venues were visited to limit/reduce theme-skewed data.

Thanks for taking the time to compile the list, Lucia.  I was just working on a shape today for the Maitreya body and was wondering how many still use it.  I've been wearing Legacy for about 2 yrs now and decided it was time to switch back.  I still love Legacy and can't quite get the softness with the Lara but I'm doing my part to help make SL more enjoyable for everyone.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

wow thank you for doing this, quite a lot of work for you, but appreciated!  And very interesting as well.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, WineOtter said:

Three times as many Kemono as Slink Physique? That's plain bizarre.

Slink has been losing ground for over a year now, allegedly since the arrival of Legacy and further followed by the arrival of Kupra.

I also track head and body changes, but don't have the stats for those compiled. I'll see about doing that next round.

I feel those stats would mostly show what other heads/bodies someone has and cycles between, not necessarily switched from and never will go back to.

One thing I noticed is that Lara Petite, or Lara Flat,  are not represented here at all (unless I'm just overlooking them).  I think the process you are using is just not reporting it though.

I see, for example, Legacy Female @ #4, and Legacy Perky @ #10 and there are other slim/petite variations represented through the list, but not Lara Petite at all.  I suspect that is because it's not a whole body like the others but rather an add on to the body.  In the worn list is "Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara VX.X" and "Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara Add-on (petite|flat) V.X.X" and either your bot is simply dropping that data point as a "duplicate entry" on the floor, or your aggregator is.   But as popular as Maitreya is I'm fairly sure the add-ons (probably Petite more than Flat, but even so) have some good traction and should be seen on the list.  Their absence is conspicuous, especially if Legacy Perky is sitting at #10. 

You might want to take a look at that.

5 hours ago, Anna Salyx said:

One thing I noticed is that Lara Petite, or Lara Flat,  are not represented here at all (unless I'm just overlooking them).  I think the process you are using is just not reporting it though.

I see, for example, Legacy Female @ #4, and Legacy Perky @ #10 and there are other slim/petite variations represented through the list, but not Lara Petite at all.  I suspect that is because it's not a whole body like the others but rather an add on to the body.  In the worn list is "Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara VX.X" and "Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara Add-on (petite|flat) V.X.X" and either your bot is simply dropping that data point as a "duplicate entry" on the floor, or your aggregator is.   But as popular as Maitreya is I'm fairly sure the add-ons (probably Petite more than Flat, but even so) have some good traction and should be seen on the list.  Their absence is conspicuous, especially if Legacy Perky is sitting at #10. 

You might want to take a look at that.

I also track breast, thigh and alternate lower body add-ons like taurs. I wasn't sure about including them as it would split up the overall total for the bodies themself.

Lara - Petite is very popular. I would guess that almost 15% of Lara wearers are using it.

I'll try to include an add-ons list next round.

Legacy Perky and Kupra Kups are on the list because those breast shapes are part of an entire mesh body so they're not add-ons.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire

Okay this is some fascinating data. I'm curious is the Rebirth mesh bodies too new to the market or just not represented ? If I've missed viewing them in the data my honest apologies. Still, thank you for collecting all the data Original Poster, cheers.

3 hours ago, Indigo Fae said:

Okay this is some fascinating data. I'm curious is the Rebirth mesh bodies too new to the market or just not represented ? If I've missed viewing them in the data my honest apologies. Still, thank you for collecting all the data Original Poster, cheers.

Rebirth - Eden is #87, Rebirth - Eden (Female) is #151, Rebirth - Eden (Male) is #250

AFAIK, they've been around for a year now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Lara - Petite is very popular. I would guess that almost 15% of Lara wearers are using it.

According to some clothing creator polls there is more people wearing Lara Petite than there is Legacy overall. Maitreya was still top by miles and Petite in second that was shockingly higher than Legacy. I hope you add the add-on parts like Petite in so we can see it :) Should get a better number off your bots than a poll with limited audience.

I cant wait to see another update on this!

On 7/6/2021 at 9:51 PM, Lucia Nightfire said:

I also track breast, thigh and alternate lower body add-ons like taurs. I wasn't sure about including them as it would split up the overall total for the bodies themself.

Legacy Perky and Kupra Kups are on the list because those breast shapes are part of an entire mesh body so they're not add-ons.

In the case of the Lara add-ons I think that would be helpful/beneficial to include them in the overall bod list for the simple reason that while the designers made a design decision to make the Petite and Flat add-ons rather than complete whole body variant as some others have done with their variant bodies, the Lara with Petite/Flat adds are functionally whole body variants, and from my limited experience/exposure they are being treated that way by designers.  Adding them in would definitely give a better picture for the makers of clothes, jewelry, and other accessories on that body and variants are being used.   I don't think the same can be fully said for a lot other add one types which do tend to be more niche and (again from my limited exposure) third party. 

Personally, I'd've been just as happy if Lara Petite came a whole body in terms of attach point and ease of use, but I"m also (mostly) glad they went with the add-on design for the cost savings. 

Also, thanks for taking the moment to read and reply :)

Edited by Anna Salyx
insert an important dropped word, for better clarity
  • Like 2

Thank you for all of your hard work! This is intriguing, and there are several bodies on this list that are new to me. If you do have time, I'm another person who is curious about the Lara add-ons, especially Lara Flat vs VTech.

Second thought, and putting it here instead of editing my first reply, for clarity.

I understand your reasoning for not including it as it pulls from the whole original body, but consider if your guess is accurate:

• 15% of the M.Lara total is 8,705 "bodies" 
  • The Base Lara drops from 40% to 34% 
  • That puts the number of Lara Petites at #3 on the list above, with 6% usage.

That is a significant amount of bodies and a significant data point. I get that trying to account for all the add-ons, including after market and third party attachments, can muddy the water and the data becomes less meaningful.  However (and this is just my personal thoughts), I feel that as far as the Maitreya products are concerned.... I think that theirs is a fairly elegant solution to the slim/petite trends in bodies and one that didn't alienate their customer base.  So the Petite should be considered a whole body even if it's not technically a "whole body". (Flat too for that matter)  If there is an exception to be made to your accounting and aggregating rules of not including add-on forms in your main body list, Maitreya might just be that case. 

i know you already said you'd try to include [some] add-ons in the next round, and so maybe this comment will help you figure out, or at least give you another angle of consideration on, how is best to do it for the data you are trying to present when it comes time.

Edited by Anna Salyx
maths edit.

3 hours ago, Anna Salyx said:

Second thought, and putting it here instead of editing my first reply, for clarity.

I understand your reasoning for not including it as it pulls from the whole original body, but consider if your guess is accurate:

• 15% of the M.Lara total is 8,705 "bodies" 
  • The Base Lara drops from 40% to 34% 
  • That puts the number of Lara Petites at #3 on the list above, with 6% usage.

That is a significant amount of bodies and a significant data point. I get that trying to account for all the add-ons, including after market and third party attachments, can muddy the water and the data becomes less meaningful.  However (and this is just my personal thoughts), I feel that as far as the Maitreya products are concerned.... I think that theirs is a fairly elegant solution to the slim/petite trends in bodies and one that didn't alienate their customer base.  So the Petite should be considered a whole body even if it's not technically a "whole body". (Flat too for that matter)  If there is an exception to be made to your accounting and aggregating rules of not including add-on forms in your main body list, Maitreya might just be that case. 

i know you already said you'd try to include [some] add-ons in the next round, and so maybe this comment will help you figure out, or at least give you another angle of consideration on, how is best to do it for the data you are trying to present when it comes time.

I'll have my compiler spit out a separate list of bodies with chest mods that reports count and percentage versus that of the base body count.

So it'll look something like:

Maitreya - Lara & Maitreya - Lara (Flat) 2908 5%
Maitreya - Lara & Maitreya - Lara (Petite) 8705 15%
MeshBody - Legacy Perky & MeshBody - Perky Petite Add-On 588 20%

I'll get to it when Covid stops kicking my ass. 🤢🤮🤧🥵🥶

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So, FWIW here are the curious/confusing body & chest mod stats:

e2JwrGB.png

On the left are the top 50 bodies. On the right is body & chest mod followed by count and % of the total body count.

So, for example, 5.5% of Maitreya - Lara wearers were also wearing Maitreya - Lara (Petite) : 3444 / 61694 = 5.5%

Numbers are far smaller than what I expected.

My only explanation is that I wasn't tracking chest mods until I started Round 3 so there were 22k entries that may be missing them or just have not "updated" since, but even if that block of users was tracked correctly, I don't see totals doubling or tripling.

Yes, the Kemono has many chest mods, heh.

Body total is 154997 (up from 145390 on June 17)

I also compiled another list of "new and old" bodies users have and/or switched to:

0YlrgN0.png

Here are two ways to interpret/read the chart on the right w/ example #1:

1. 1009 or 12% of MeshBody - Legacy (Female) wearers switched from Maitreya - Lara
  2. 1009 or 12% of MeshBody - Legacy (Female) wearers also own Maitreya - Lara

It doesn't help that Inithium having the two creators splits up the data more. I'll eventually have to think of a way to consolidate that.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Taking out the main Maitreya Lara body as an outlier, cause I mean it really is.  Then if you look at the rankings (as listed in the most recent post on this thread) of the remaining female only bodies: if the M.Lara Petite was a whole body, it'd be in the top 5. 

That's a bit of perspective. 

That said, I'm also surprised it's not a bigger number really, but in the scheme of things it holds its own pretty well as it is. 

1 MeshBody - Legacy  (Female)  8392
2 Inithium - Kupra 4449
3 Belleza - Freya 3887
4 MeshBody - Classic (Female) 3777
5 Maitreya - Lara (Petite) 3444

The one that has surprised me the most is Kupra.  I actually laughed the first time I saw it, as I could not imagine anyone actually wanting to look that way, unless they wanted a real cartoon look.  But obviously I was wrong..  Who knew?  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 871 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.