In Tribute to Ebbe Altberg... With Love and Respect

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just paid a visit to this memorial. SL is quiet. It's night. Very quiet. I took a few minutes to reflect on all SL has brought me over the years and remembered that SL, any company for that matter, is only as good as its leaders. Great leaders build great companies. Ebbe was such a man. To have SL accomplish all SL/LL has, there can be no question about it, logically. My emotions quickly got the best of me and I had to leave. I'm grateful, to Ebbe, the entire LL staff and the global SL community. I'm grateful. Very grateful. We love you Ebbe. Thank you. ❤️ 

Big props to everyone involved in creating this lovely tribute. Once there, you can light a candle of your own.

SLurl - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Altberg/147/132/58

seth-regan-mankind-tracer-ebbe-goodbye.jpg

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...

Your post touched my heart, made it ache a little.  ♥💔

Ebbe Altberg's vision, understanding, inspiration and gentle encouragement in directing Second Life and LL certainly changed my mind about a lot of things in SL and RL.  He did it all humbly and gracefully, delegating the right Lindens to exercise their talents to their utmost potential doing jobs they love and giving each of them all the credit due.  It appears that is a 🎁 gift he gave to everyone he met 🥰 and one that will pay forward ad infinitum.  We are so lucky to have had him affect our lives. One person can do so much more than they imagine they can if they are encouraged and supported. 

Thank you very much for your touching post, @Mankind Tracer .  I was so deeply affected by Ebbe's sudden quiet passing it was hard to get past it.  Then I watched the Meet The Lindens series for this year on Lab Gab and I understood Ebbe Linden's legacy is still here and thriving.  Thanks, Spirit of Ebbe Linden!  Please, Do Carry On 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.