Griefing with profile and alternate avatars

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1041 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I've been in SL since 2004.

Not as Silent Mistwalker. That account joined in February 2009.

I don't know what things were like in 2004. What I do know is that in December 2006 when I joined, you could have up to 5 accounts - the first being free and the others costing US$10 each. In that way, your alt account were registered; i.e. linked to your main account.

Edited by Phil Deakins

Just now, Phil Deakins said:

I quoted your "Never happened" post. That's the one I replied to.

I have never had to register any of my alt accounts. All I ever had to do was sign up as a basic account using the same email. If that is what you are referring to as registering then ok. That isn't how I read it. I read it as he was saying you had to register any non main accounts as alternative accounts. That is not true. You do not have to specify if the account is an alt or not when you sign up the account. The only thing you do have to register is an account being used as a bot.

2 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Not as Silent Mistwalker.

I don't know what things were like in 2004. What I do know is that in December 2006 when I joined, you could have up to 5 accounts - the first being free and the others costing US$10 each. In that way, your alt account were registered; i.e. linked to your main account.

So? Everyone on this forum shows as having registered in 2009 but we all know that isn't true.

I never disagreed with you on the $10USD per alt account.

I suggest you go back and reread things because you are not seeing what I have already said more than once. 

Have a nice day.

Just now, Silent Mistwalker said:

I have never had to register any of my alt accounts. All I ever had to do was sign up as a basic account using the same email. If that is what you are referring to as registering then ok. That isn't how I read it. I read it as he was saying you had to register any non main accounts as alternative accounts. That is not true. You do not have to specify if the account is an alt or not when you sign up the account. The only thing you do have to register is an account being used as a bot.

Perhaps you never had to do anything other than use the same email address but, at the risk of boring repetition, when I joined in December 2006, you could have up to 5 accounts. The first was free and the others had to be paid for at US$10 each. I only got one paid-for account - in January 2007.

I can only assume that you got alt accounts before LL started charging for them, or after they stopped charging for them, or both, but there was certainly a period when you had to pay for them, and those alts were linked to your main account.

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

So? Everyone on this forum shows as having registered in 2009 but we all know that isn't true.

I never disagreed with you on the $10USD per alt account.

I suggest you go back and reread things because you are not seeing what I have already said more than once. 

Have a nice day.

I checked inworld. Silent Mistwalker was registered in 2009 ;)

I gave you the option of saying that you understood what Alwin said differently to me, and you didn't take it. So I've been discussing as though you understand the same as me. If you'd taken it, we could have stopped the discussion a while back. Now you are taking it.

You have a nice day too.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Well excuse me for finding  something someone said honestly amusing. Done with this bs.

The posts weren't funny. You were emulating the 2 people in the forum who use that tactic in an attempt at getting up people's noses.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Well excuse me for finding  something someone said honestly amusing. Done with this bs.

You are interacting with someone who has - time and time again - proven that they will nitpick every little thing in an attempt to be "right" ... even when they are wrong. This on top of many other tactics. All while pretending to be cordial/polite and doing nothing whatsoever wrong.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I checked inworld. Silent Mistwalker was registered in 2009 ;)

I gave you the option of saying that you understood what Alwin said differently to me, and you didn't take it. So I've been discussing as though you understand the same as me. If you'd taken it, we could have stopped the discussion a while back. Now you are taking it.

You have a nice day too.

Who said this was my only account or my oldest account for that matter? No one. Because it isn't my only account nor is it my oldest. 

No, I will not accept the blame for you. 

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your crotch and my your arms be too short to scratch.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Solar Legion said:

You are interacting with someone who has - time and time again - proven that they will nitpick every little thing in an attempt to be "right" ... even when they are wrong. This on top of many other tactics. All while pretending to be cordial/polite and doing nothing whatsoever wrong.

There's a saying in the UK, "You can tell a Tyke* anywhere.   Can't tell him 'owt** but you can tell him anywhere."

Phil is from Yorkshire (as are most of my family, as it happens)

*Someone from Yorkshire

**Anything

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Who said this was my only account or my oldest account for that matter? No one. Because it isn't my only account nor is it my oldest. 

No, I will not accept the blame for you. 

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your crotch and my your arms be too short to scratch.

Nobody said it's your only account. I'd said that you joined in 2009, and I was right. Apparently you have another account that's older. I haven't disagreed with that.

I suggested that you and I might have understood something differently, in which case you'd have been right according to the way you understood it. You didn't take it up though, so we've been discussing as though we both understood it the same way. Later, you appeared to accept that we'd understood it differently.

I don't care if you accept the blame or not, but that's what happened, and it's all still there to see ;)

Oh. And the word is 'may', not 'my' ;)

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Haha 3

This is the most prevalent game in SL Phil and the self declared gods support it .

The only option is to quit .

In the warped logic of the brain dead it helps pretend SL attracts new users where in fact the small percentage that do come back return with an entirely negative outlook even if they choose to hide it .

Net result , the gods wonder why SL is dying 🤣

Oh and to create 1 alt a month for 18 years is not difficult at all , the real griefers in SL are not newbies .

Edited by cunomar
add
  • Haha 1

The sad news is that - historically - Linden Lab can do very little against a dedicated Stalker.

If they are willing to keep spinning up new alts and/or have the technical sophistication to have botted resources going after you, LL claims they can do little.

I’m messaging from Amanda and not my 2005 original because I ran foul of a dedicated, hateful person with lots of time to spread hate about my rejection of their “amazing” love-powers..

The best anyone could do was advise me to abandon my 2005 Original and leave them to be obnoxious in an echo chamber.

Hopefully as resources, capital spent on policing SL (staff) and legal restrictions evolve - this will improve.

image.gif.10ab0bc9f6d6ff355fdcd481d6ffd9d0.gif

Edited by Amanda Crisp

6 hours ago, Amanda Crisp said:

The sad news is that - historically - Linden Lab can do very little against a dedicated Stalker.

If they are willing to keep spinning up new alts and/or have the technical sophistication to have botted resources going after you, LL claims they can do little.

Short of charging a fee to make every new account, there isn't a single systemic solution that would prevent the problem without punishing the majority of entirely honest users in the process.

I’m messaging from Amanda and not my 2005 original because I ran foul of a dedicated, hateful person with lots of time to spread hate about my rejection of their “amazing” love-powers..

You and me both :/

Hopefully as resources, capital spent on policing SL (staff) and legal restrictions evolve - this will improve.

The best you can do in SL is local human enforcement - actual people who will listen to their patrons and remove trouble makers individually.

LL perma banning accounts does functionally nothing when it comes to stalkers & grifers, it just catches out regular users who then lose everything.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1041 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.