Accounts with Real Life information

bigmoe Whitfield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 99 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So years ago I made an account, not understanding how SL works, I thought our real names were displayed with said name we choose,   so I entered a false name onto that account,  I've been feeling guilty for 8+ years on the issue and since we are unable to change our own information like we could on most all other sites,  I've been wondering how do I go about this and being able to change that information over to the real name I have so it's legit.     a ticket? since I'm not calling anyone,  I sleep when they are awake,  yay night shifts..  and I'm not premium, so no chats.    I'm willing to submit all information to them to prove I own it, I have other accounts with my real name on them that they could see 100% on their backend.   I would hate to learn a hard lesson and lose one of my cherished accounts though.

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

So years ago I made an account, not understanding how SL works, I thought our real names were displayed with said name we choose,   so I entered a false name onto that account,  I've been feeling guilty for 8+ years on the issue and since we are unable to change our own information like we could on most all other sites,  I've been wondering how do I go about this and being able to change that information over to the real name I have so it's legit.     a ticket? since I'm not calling anyone,  I sleep when they are awake,  yay night shifts..  and I'm not premium, so no chats.    I'm willing to submit all information to them to prove I own it, I have other accounts with my real name on them that they could see 100% on their backend.   I would hate to learn a hard lesson and lose one of my cherished accounts though.

The only SL accounts that I've ever had to give RL names for were when I added payment info - and of course the name did need to be accurate.  I can't think of any other time that I was asked for a RL name when creating an account.

24 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The only SL accounts that I've ever had to give RL names for were when I added payment info - and of course the name did need to be accurate.  I can't think of any other time that I was asked for a RL name when creating an account.

There isn't even a place for it on the sign up page.

Screenshot_20210615-220455.png

39 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

14 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

There isn't even a place for it on the sign up page.

There was a time where you could age-verify yourself by filing some personal information -- this didn't require you to make a payment and still allowed you to enter Adult-rated areas. Now I'm not saying that I might've borrowed Elvis Presley's details on a hypothetical alt account back in the day, but it definitely could've been possible.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

There was a time where you could age-verify yourself by filing some personal information -- this didn't require you to make a payment and still allowed you to enter Adult-rated areas. Now I'm not saying that I might've borrowed Elvis Presley's details on a hypothetical alt account back in the day, but it definitely could've been possible.

This is quite possible but as far as @bigmoe Whitfieldis concerned, it's kind of irrelevant now since they don't ask for or even care about who you are in RL.  Nothing at all to feel guilty about.  

1 hour ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

I do remember the 'age verify' times - sort of.  It was irrelevant for me at the time because all of my accounts back then had payment info already on file, which took care of the issue.  But if I was trying to be age verified, it just seems smarter to give true info unless one was truly trying to game the system and get age verified when they were not really of age.  Thus I just can't imagine lying about the info unless one truly needed to lie because they were too young.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

I see where it's at,  but can not change it, it's on the process credit invoice for the pdf.   I even just readded my payment info hoping it would clear and it did not.   guess that means a ticket and id and what ever else they want.

I would think the Lab has some access to credit card information (not so much particulars).

If one were to lose access to their account if they provided so called 'personal information' at sign up a few years ago, could the CC info be helpful in re-establishing true ownership?

19 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

So years ago I made an account, not understanding how SL works, I thought our real names were displayed with said name we choose,   so I entered a false name onto that account,  I've been feeling guilty for 8+ years on the issue and since we are unable to change our own information like we could on most all other sites,  I've been wondering how do I go about this and being able to change that information over to the real name I have so it's legit.    

Bigmoe makes a good point. After eight years who remembers the information provided if it were a white lie? Eight years ago, I joined some websites, not sure of their intentions or to avoid spamming.

Maybe a Linden could step in and offer some advice?

15 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

I see where it's at,  but can not change it, it's on the process credit invoice for the pdf.   I even just readded my payment info hoping it would clear and it did not.   guess that means a ticket and id and what ever else they want.

I'm pretty sure a ticket is you only chance - and even that is not guaranteed to work.

On 6/15/2021 at 10:18 PM, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Yep, I remember when I signed up I had to give name and DOB.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 99 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.