Second Life Connection Problem

WelshLamb

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, thanks for taking the time to read this. But I have a bit of a problem.

You see, I have owned Second Life for over a month now. And recently I just decided to change ISP. When I did, I couldn't initialize VFS. I fixed that problem within minutes but there seems to be another problem. Now I can log in and go into Second Life just fine, but after a while I get a message saying that I have been logged out of Second Life with another message saying the region may be experiancing troubles. Now I highly doubt it is due to this happens in every sim I go to.

I have looked into this problem and my ISP said that there is a problem in my area which they should have fixed by today, and the internet works fine, I see 4 bars on my signal strength almost every time, but when I go to SL it appears that the connection suddenly loses itself, and then comes back once I've lost connection.

Please help me as I have put some money in here which I really don't want to lose. If you need any questions to help you further with this I'll be happy to answer them.

Did you get a new router from your ISP?Make sure that the firewal is correctly configured and try resetting it.

For information on how to configure firewalls, see:

There are also a couple that will not stay connected to SL, such as the Netgear DGN 1000.

Yes, I got a NETGEAR router from the ISP before they activated my internet. As for the firewall problem I will look into it now. See if it works.

I just found out it is a Netgear DGN 1000. Any ideas on how I could work around this?

Well, I found out there is a probable way of working around it. The router came with an ethernet cable, and I contacted them and they said to change the security type. I hope this will work. Thanks for the help guys!

Get your ISP to send you a different router, none of us have ever got that one to work with SL. Even the Netgear techs can`t.

If you manage it, then please post the solution, but I wouldn't waste too much time on it.

(same story for the Netgear Wireless N 130 Router WNR 1000v3 apparantly)

• 2 months later...

Are you saying that its the NETGEAR router that is causing all my connection issues??

I'd been having the same issues since I moved to my new home and had internet installed.. I just looked (after reading these posts) and saw that mine is Netgear.. Freaking Great.  I will be calling my isp today. Thanks!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.