How Long Have You Had Your Bellisseria Home and Why Do You Love It?

Teresa Firelight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1020 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had a home right on the corner of Humansville. I held onto it a long time. It was the perfect traditional - out on a peninsula, water on two sides, and the boat parade going by daily. I lost it trying to swap to an alt. Haha. Yah, that one stung a bit, but I never attempt a swap if I am not prepared to lose.

• Like 5

My favorite spot, and the one I've had the longest, is one I've had since 2019. Part of the OG Bellis landmass. I love that is is RIGHT on the water, the lot goes right up to those rocks. And there are lovely water views on two sides. The region only has a few houses on it so the lag is really low. No water parade or anything, but the Fairgrounds are dead ahead if you crank up draw distance.

Snapshot_002.png

Snapshot_001.png

• Like 25

14 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

I had a home right on the corner of Humansville. I held onto it a long time. It was the perfect traditional - out on a peninsula, water on two sides, and the boat parade going by daily. I lost it trying to swap to an alt. Haha. Yah, that one stung a bit, but I never attempt a swap if I am not prepared to lose.

Yes, and I could see the lighthouse and the Mole ferry. Plus the small island LL put up for someone that won in some charity event. I forgot the charity name, but it does not matter. But then I started to camp in Hammond Park for so long, waiting for the release. I am sure I left footprints from standing there. 😉 And got a house with a swap. The one and only time I succeeded in a swap. So with all that time invested, I thought I should let Humansville go. I lived in Hammond Park a long time too, and I really tried to make it my perfect home. But when I let that house go, it was with no feeling of loss.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 10

I have a hard time choosing a favorite.  I also struggle to let go of ones I like.  I currently have three.  I love them all for their locations, sense of privacy, and the canvas each provides to furnish and create unique add-ons.  

Evening Star on Hardtack - owned since June 2020
Grand View on Brichester - owned since October 2020
Havana on Visser - owned since February 2021

montage.thumb.png.0f6dd9f78bde26f1a733560b516c1b4c.png

• Like 16

16 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I have a hard time choosing a favorite.  I also struggle to let go of ones I like.  I currently have three.  I love them all for their locations, sense of privacy, and the canvas each provides to furnish and create unique add-ons.  

You did a wonderful job on the stilt :)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

Beautiful homes and I love what you have done to your HB and your stilt.. nice work!

• Like 6

I've had my trailer home for around a year and a half. I got lucky with the location and have some privacy from the nearest neighbors. It's in a nice area to go horse riding and it gives me a place to go change AVs/outfits. I don't spend a lot of time there as a rule, but it's my usual place to start from when I log in.

• Like 9

I have had this OW stilt on Leaky Hold since early Jan (over 6 months now), and just love it. It has some really nice features including a boat rez zone right in front, a pier very close by, a small public island just meters away with a really cute fish bar and a few other fun things on it. I built a deck extension that goes 3/4 around the house.

The only downside is that no matter how many invisible cat barrier prims I put up, and no matter how short I set their wander range, my two kitties kept "falling" through the floor and ending up in the water under the house.

Once I removed the kitties, a bunch of birds moved in and took over my deck. It is not too bad having them there -- as long as I come bearing gifts (bread or fish scraps), they will let me out on the deck with them to enjoy the view. :)

puppypad_001 (2).png

puppypad_002 (2).png

• Like 15

Back in 2019 when the Vics were going, I managed to grab one on Dimanche. Dec 18, 2019. 2 day late birthday gift lol. I don't see myself ever getting rid of it so long as I am on SL. The area is incredibly serene and comforting, and pretty quiet. The view in all directions is also beautiful. I love being on the end of the peninsula as well as it lets me feel less closed-in, but still having neighbors.

image.thumb.png.393b820a9d9b2425ea1b7c9950170310.png

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Like 21

1 hour ago, s2Pandora said:

Back in 2019 when the Vics were going, I managed to grab one on Dimanche. Dec 18, 2019. 2 day late birthday gift lol. I don't see myself ever getting rid of it so long as I am on SL. The area is incredibly serene and comforting, and pretty quiet. The view in all directions is also beautiful. I love being on the end of the peninsula as well as it lets me feel less closed-in, but still having neighbors.

image.thumb.png.393b820a9d9b2425ea1b7c9950170310.png

That location and windlight is . . .  WOW!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

been living in sweetmarsh ever since i got my first home in 2019, abandoned old linden home and homeless for 2 weeks, tried auto page refresh, heard the alert but whenever i click and accept is always too late, someone seems to be able to out second us every single time lol, so i decided to give up using that method and use once in a while check to see have or not, just lucky before i went for meal, one last check, poof and got it

its a location which have access to road and water, it cannot be anymore rarer than it is, most of the time i'm not home, so changing home is pretty much out of the question

fortunately game of home is one time payment and play until your subscription is up, have to admit the themes built by moles is too good

Snapshot_022_001.jpg

• Like 13

This is my first Belli house and it is very special to me. I got it in jan 2020 and had it for some months then i left it because of RL reasons and took a break. It was extra special because it looked like a Swedish red house and I lived in a brown boring house irl with a little brown guesthouse next to it. After a while, seeing this beautyful house in Todds Landing, i realised I want this in real life too. So it inspired me to paint my own houses red and white. The houses are still not entirely finished but almost. You can se the "before" pic of the guest house how boring it looked before. So now i live in Bellisseria Trad irl too 😍

aHome ToddsLanding20200107_002.jpg

guesthouse_3268.JPG

guesthouse_3356.jpg

mainhouse_3258.JPG

Edited by Always Incognito
  • Like 18

On 6/15/2021 at 8:49 AM, Maitimo said:

I had a nearly-perfect Trad for a few months last year - on sand, though it wasn't as close to the sea as I'd have liked. I let it go and in the meantime tried a stilt, a camper and a chalet, but 2 months ago I tried again for a Trad-by-the-Sea and this time I landed a perfect one.  I have houseboats as neighbours, it's close enough to the water that I can launch a boat from my back yard and I can almost see the Fairgrounds from there, if I turn my draw distance up a bit.

210402_001.thumb.jpg.39c0b869d952759473f1982326197a28.jpg

I totally love it, and if I end up loving the next theme as well, I will have to make another premium alt because there's no way I'm giving it up now.

I think this is a good question to ask and I value stability. I have builds I have not changed since 2004, not long after I was born. If I commissioned a big build from a resident, I  keep it forever, perhaps somewhat updating it as to 10-m prims, etc. But I don't have a single Linden Home that I had last year or even 3 months ago and that's what I value in them -- that I keep changing them! In fact, now that two of them have stamps, I likely won't change them so as not to upset the BBB director, but I think I won't go for more precisely for that reason: I like changing them, and fortunately you can.

• Like 4

OK I fell in love with an OL stilt that many people would consider being located in a less-than-1st-choice location. It is very inland, away from the water, across the street from some OLs that boarder the water. But once I relaxed my "criteria" of wanting to boarder water, I found all sorts of things I loved about it.

1. it has ponds on both sides

2. It has a cute little roped off trail right next to it

3. it backs a tall hill, giving privacy for the back deck.

4. nice view of beach and stilts across street

5. It is only a couple of houses away  from a cute beach bar and rez zone.

I have only had it for about 6 weeks now, but I wanted to show it off.... so here is a short photo tour about why I love my totally inland OL stilt:

beachhouse_001 (2).png

beachhouse_002 (2).png

beachhouse_003 (2).png

Edited by Teresa Firelight
added small part I accidentally left out (e.g., point 4)
  • Like 9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1020 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.