Looking for business partner(s)

Youngin Bing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1017 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am looking for business partner(s) with my BOOM! Vinyl Figures. These figures are second life’s newest gacha collections!

We have made a few sales already which I could go into more details if needed.

What I’m looking for: I am looking for someone who’s willing to go 50/50 on costs with me. I am not the creator of the products. I have hired a mesh creator who’s been making all the vinyl figures for me at a cost. It could get pricey to do a bulk order of different BOOM! Figures. I need a partner who is willing to split the costs with me. In return, you would receive 50% of the revenue.

We are a start up and already have sales. This is an opportunity.

I would handle the marketing, the social media and everything else. All I am looking for is a silent partner to provide half of the cost. If you would like to be more involved that’s fine as well.

contact me via in game at Youngin Bing by sending a notecard OR respond to this thread. 

I would probably start with not trying to sell material under copyright that breaches whatever mesh upload policy you agreed to. Then maybe look for a name that is not the same of a RL company. That would be your first step in finding someone willing to go into business with you. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BuzumbaLoon said:

I would probably start with not trying to sell material under copyright that breaches whatever mesh upload policy you agreed to. Then maybe look for a name that is not the same of a RL company. That would be your first step in finding someone willing to go into business with you. 

And if you are referring to Pop Funko figures, you do know that they aren’t the only company that creatures figures right ? That’s like saying Sony is the only company allowed to make TVs and anyone else who makes a tv and calls it something else is copyright 

My search results for BOOM! mostly come up with s*nic the hedgehog figures.

The figures in your shop are clearly Intellectual property of Disney, Who bought the St*r wars franchise a while back.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/12664

Edit, seems this is the RL vinyl figurine maker named Boom : http://www.boomtoysltd.com/

Edit 2: and here: https://www.instagram.com/boomfigures/ seems like it's a popular name if neither of these is you.

Edited by Quistessa

Edit 1: First of all, if you took the time to click on that http://www.boomtoysltd.com/ link, you could clearly see that my figures don't look anything like theirs.. completely different figure toys. the word "BOOM" doesn't belong to any specific individual.

Edit 2: That instagram link that you provided me is laughable sorry. Why? because for one, their company name is boomfigures and not BOOM! which is a major difference. Two, have you taken the time to look if it's a registered business ? It is not. Also, that same link for instagram you sent me also has figures that are from tv cartoon shows etc.

Do you know that EVERYTHING in Second Life is taken, inspired or a look a like from something in RL?

I am sure that you are aware of shopping events correct? Have you gone to the "UBER" shopping event? hmmmm where have i heard that name before? Oh yeah! Uber the car service company! lol

Just now, Quistessa said:

You still haven't explained away your use of Disney's intellectual property. . .

There is differences in mine. If you can't tell those differences, I am sorry that you can't lol. Please also could I see your Certification on Copyright Infringement? I am 100% sure that you don't have one? Why? Because I deal with copyright infringement in real life. Also, please clear out everything in your second life inventory because everything in the game is taken from a real life product. Everything is either a direct copy or inspired by. 

By the way, welcome to Second Life. I see that you arent even a year old yet. You have lots to learn. Thank you for your concerns though!

6 minutes ago, Quistessa said:

You still haven't explained away your use of Disney's intellectual property. . .

Also,

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/KR-Engineering-My-Virtual-Lifestyle-Game/7319707

^ Similar to the board game called " Game of Life" but has differences. By the way, that creator right there has been around since the beginning of Second Life.

4 minutes ago, Quistessa said:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?utf8=✓&search[category_id]=&search[maturity_level]=GMA&search[keywords]=disney

5 minutes ago, Youngin Bing said:

Now, think to yourself why there might only be 44 results rather than a few thousand with all the popularity that brand has.

People do illegal things, like robbing banks for example. That doesn't mean that it's justified, and if you go go around asking people to join your 'crime syndicate' that just makes it all the more likely that you, your 'accomplices' and your customers will eventually be much worse off for it. (just to be clear it's an analogy, mmkay?)

8 minutes ago, Quistessa said:

Now, think to yourself why there might only be 44 results rather than a few thousand with all the popularity that brand has.

People do illegal things, like robbing banks for example. That doesn't mean that it's justified, and if you go go around asking people to join your 'crime syndicate' that just makes it all the more likely that you, your 'accomplices' and your customers will eventually be much worse off for it. (just to be clear it's an analogy, mmkay?)

What do you like to do in Second Life? do you go to clubs that play music? Do you go to shopping events which everything in there is NOT original? I see that you do scripting, scripts for what objects exactly? Do you own a house in Second Life which chances are that house's blueprints was taken from a house in real life. Again, you are not certified in copyright infringement, you aren't a lawyer. Don't come into a post to give an opinion when it wasn't asked of you to do so. Hope you have a great day and please remember, you aren't a lawyer or certified in the field of copyright infringement. If you would like to be, please attend college for that. I hope you stay safe and hope that everything in your inventory is 100% original 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Youngin Bing said:

There is differences in mine. If you can't tell those differences, I am sorry that you can't lol.

MASSIVE differences!

• Disney = Star Wars
  • You = Space Wars
  • Disney = The Child
  • You = The Kid

Yep. Huge differences.

star_wars.jpg.207f6861bd7349b6a40c8034f36dc6ec.jpg

space_wars.jpg.bc745b152e45484227bbf9038ac25b96.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It is not so much a case of "Everyone else is doing it, so why can't I?" but more a case of "You do realise just who you're tangling with when you make something that is so obviously based on a Disney-owned property, right?"

The Mouse is renowned (some would say notorious) for its take-downs of anything that infringes on its intellectual property. Your 'The Kid' item is clearly, visibly Grogu with a few small tweaks to its robe. In all kindness, don't be surprised if your Marketplace store or your items suddenly vanish. It's happened before, and it will very likely happen again. It won't be through someone from the forum reporting you, either. Even in SL, only the copyright or trademark holder can report an infringement, and Disney keep a weather eye out for this sort of thing. The fact that you're selling it for a profit - though it's only about US$1 in 'real life money' - will probably swipe away any leg you had to stand on.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Youngin Bing said:

I just think its funny that the person talking about copyright infringement has a direct copy of an Apple iphone in her profile picture in-world lol 

FFS all Rectangular bricks look alike to me:

Apple iPhone 4 vs. The Rest of the Smartphone Pack | PCWorld

I don't see enough distinction to make any trade-dress case. Can you /really/ say that the free phone I got off of some xmas calendar and used once to take a selfie is an iphone and not a Samsung Galaxy?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Quistessa said:

FFS all Rectangular bricks look alike to me:

Apple iPhone 4 vs. The Rest of the Smartphone Pack | PCWorld

I don't see enough distinction to make any trade-dress case. Can you /really/ say that the free phone I got off of some xmas calendar and used once to take a selfie is an iphone and not a Samsung Galaxy?

Yes I can because of the camera in the back of the phone :)image.png.fe4a186165cb67b9356e621d9a1371d8.png and the iphone xs Apple-iPhone-XS-Max-64GB.jpg

34 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

It's always funny seeing someone trying to justify copyright theft. It never ever works.

Not that at all. I just think its funny how people try to ***** on something by saying they are against it but they go support it as well. She clearly has an exact duplicate of an iPhone in her profile picture but now claims she got it as a gift and used it once? lol. myPhone is an object in game that sells like crazy! lol

42 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

It's always funny seeing someone trying to justify copyright theft. It never ever works.

Whimsy lol why are you laughing when you shop at MadPeas? A store that sells games similar to real life? lmao. If you are going to come at someone for copyright infringement, please make sure that you yourself aren't a customer of such things.

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Funny, I wouldn't have known which phone it was not paid much attention.  Could have been one of these.

R872cf3133b94e85b01865f9ecc07d59e.jpeg

lmao you have to be dumb? this proves my point....doesnt matter if it was an iphone or samsung? lol you just showed a picture of a samsung that matches her picture.... The phone in world just has a different name lol... 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1017 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.