Alts and Linden Homes

Kathlen Onyx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1039 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Missbehavin Neva said:

I do not post my abandons here anymore because some people are just mean.  I will ask people who I know are looking for a nice spot of that particular theme or that asks me if I just happen to toss something to let them know. I have and I will continue to do that. I remember those who are nice and those who are not.  

i just put them back in the pot ,so everyone has a  good chance  

• Like 7

When you are getting rid of clothes, a bike... whatever, don't you contact the people close to you first? To me, it is the same concept

I've got most of the homes I currently have from people I know, either friends or wonderful acquaintances from the forum. Actually, I've broaden my RL social life through GoH, and I've got to meet wonderful people thanks to that

The person who helped me getting my dream home will be always in my heart, I mean it. She knew I wanted the spot, and transferred it to me

It all depends on how you play GoH, from a social perspective or an aggressive one. But nobody should be pointed out for sharing their abandons with friends, because we all do it, in both lives...

It is a shame such a vibrant community as Bellisseria has turned into a fight over homes, I have somehow left SL aside because of it.

Edited by Elena Core
Grammar
  • Like 12

5 hours ago, FloraMonro said:

Yeah!  She abandoned it and you caught it.  They even left you the wallpaper for it!  People stood about on that region for weeks waiting to get a place and yet you just happened upon an abandon which you didn't post in the Beautiful Abandons thread thanking said person yet you're such a kind person. 🤔  People can believe what they want but I know what I saw and I have the receipts.  

Perhaps you'll be bestowed some sort of Bellisseria sainthood for all your good deeds. 😇  

If you are referring to the stilt at P.S  - She asked me to let her know if should get bored with any of my stilts to let her know.  I told her I would but I also told here there was someone else that was on my list and if this person no longer interested I would tell her. I wasn't 100 % happy with this spot since I was on my friends list for a different spot I was more interested in the same general area where my other homes were located. I was ready to abandon and I asked her if she was still wanting a stilt in this area and she said yes.  I showed her the spot and she liked it.   We worked out a time that would work for both of us and I let her know when I was going to ABANDON this house.  I she told me when she was ready... I abandoned it and she got it. It took a couple of attempts and we did it. It brings me great joy to see when someone can get a house they want or are looking for.   I also got my Thank you  you after she got it.  That wallpaper didn't get abandoned and caught with the house either.  You guys need to know the whole story before assuming. 

Edited by Missbehavin Neva
added more words after my coffee
  • Like 7

Not to mention you don't need to justify your decisions @Missbehavin Neva: it was your house, and you decided to pass it on to whomever you choose; posting abandons in the thread is also a personal choice.

I've never seen transferring homes to people has impacted the community, quite the opposite. 

Edited by Elena Core
grammar, as usual...
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Missbehavin Neva said:

If you are referring to the stilt at P.S  - She asked me to let her know if should get bored with any of my stilts to let her know.  I told her I would but I also told here there was someone else that was on my list and if this person no longer interested I would tell her. I wasn't 100 % happy with this spot since I was on my friends list for a different spot I was more interested in the same general area where my other homes were located. I was ready to abandon and I asked her if she was still wanting a stilt in this area and she said yes.  I showed her the spot and she liked it.   We worked out a time that would work for both of us and I let her know when I was going to ABANDON this house.  I she told me when she was ready... I abandoned it and she got it. It took a couple of attempts and we did it. It brings me great joy to see when someone can get a house they want or are looking for.   I also got my Thank you  you after she got it.  That wallpaper didn't get abandoned and caught with the house either.  You guys need to know the whole story before assuming. 

Thank you for the clarification.  I don't have any problem with people trying to pass houses onto their friends per se.  I do however get annoyed when I see said people stating time after time that others should use the land page and be patient blah blah all the while their in the DM's of house hunters asking for the houses they don't want!  

5 minutes ago, FloraMonro said:

Thank you for the clarification.  I don't have any problem with people trying to pass houses onto their friends per se.  I do however get annoyed when I see said people stating time after time that others should use the land page and be patient blah blah all the while their in the DM's of house hunters asking for the houses they don't want!  

You are seriously this upset because you can't have a house with a good pixel view?  After the initial rush when Bellisseria first opened up I've never had a problem getting a house, even playing round robin 5 times a day. I may have had to wait a day or two if I played the grab and discard game to the end but it's not like being homeless in SL is any big deal.  I also find the Chalets ugly so I wouldn't ever consider anywhere those houses are as a premium spot, for me. 

If people want to spend their money on premium accounts for their alts to pass around houses I don't see any issue with that. They are paying the monthly fee for each account just like anyone else.  If they've figured out a way to get the best spots, whatever that may look like then good for them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

You are seriously this upset because you can't have a house with a good pixel view?  After the initial rush when Bellisseria first opened up I've never had a problem getting a house, even playing round robin 5 times a day. I may have had to wait a day or two if I played the grab and discard game to the end but it's not like being homeless in SL is any big deal.  I also find the Chalets ugly so I wouldn't ever consider anywhere those houses are as a premium spot, for me. 

If people want to spend their money on premium accounts for their alts to pass around houses I don't see any issue with that. They are paying the monthly fee for each account just like anyone else.  If they've figured out a way to get the best spots, whatever that may look like then good for them. 

Really its easy to get a good location   with a great view   ,even if you only have one account  , all it takes is rolling the dice over and over again and i promise you withing days you have the perfect place for your liking   ,its how i do it   ,all  my homes are random abandons that surprised me soon as i landed  ,i have three  ,and i feel no shame at all ,i pay for them  😜

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

Here's what I take issue with...IMO it shouldn't be under your...or any SL resident's...control to hand over Linden Homes to specific residents.

But the thing is that is how it is set up by LL...to be able to do that. If you have an issue with it then take it up with LL. 

Nothing illegal or bad is happening here, why would LL “do” anything. Barely any theme is sold out, so what is the root of the complaint? People are griping because they can’t get their idea of a perfect location, wow. Sour grapes. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

Here's what I take issue with...IMO it shouldn't be under your...or any SL resident's...control to hand over Linden Homes to specific residents.

No one can hand you over a Linden Home.   You have to get it on the land page like everyone else.  The only advantage you might have is that you know when it is going to be released, that really is all it is.  Doesn't mean you will get it.  Chances are you will get another house or you won't get one at all.  The house might also just sit in the queue for hours.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

No one can hand you over a Linden Home.   You have to get it on the land page like everyone else.  The only advantage you might have is that you know when it is going to be released, that really is all it is.  Doesn't mean you will get it.  Chances are you will get another house or you won't get one at all.  The house might also just sit in the queue for hours.

I'm a prime example of failed hand offs. I don't even attempt to hand off a favorite spot from an alt to my main account. I've had more people get the house that I was trying to transfer than the person I intended it for. My biggest heartbreak was when a kind forum member tried to hand back a Trad that my alt had given up. Instead someone else intercepted it during the hand off. There were enough forum members that remember my love for the long lost Deckard location that when the next owner tired of the house, I was alerted on the forums that it was coming up again. Yet again, the transfer back to me failed. My good fortune was that the person who landed it didn't want to keep it. After a few fumbling back and forth of missed homes and abandoning the ones we landed, I finally got it back on an alt. Those transfers are usually not very straightforward and not guaranteed!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Trinity1776 said:

It may not be that LL is tacitly condoning this practice by allowing it to continue, but that they have other priorities they need to focus on that are more essential to the business.

You do realize that even if LL changed it (and I'm sure they won't) that doesn't give you any more advantage of landing a prime spot than it does now right? Also what is a prime spot for some may not be for others.  I mean, even if I get a waterfront house I still can't just plop my boat in the water and take off. I still have to go rez it at a rez spot in order to use it. At least that is how I think it is. 

• Like 4

I currently have a waterfront stilt on land and I can launch my boat from my land. I have to rez it partially on land, but once I get into it, I can maneuver it completely into the water. I have had another stilt on land home (previously as I do not have paid account alts) where there was enough water encroaching on the land that I could rez the boat within my property while in the water. 

As far as being sure that LL will never change things, do you work for them, or have some kind of inside line into what the Lindens are thinking about this subject? Because, I can easily see it going a different way than you do, especially if enough residents complain.

• Like 1

It's pretty clear that most of the complaints are people who play game of homes complaining that others are doing better at game of homes. It's about getting the hot trendy house of the moment, not just getting a house. There are pretty much always houses on the page these days, so it's really not about that.

The game doesn't appeal to me at all, but I understand even less why people keep playing when it's no longer fun. At that point, just claim any random house, keep it for a month at least, and stop watching for new releases. Break the cycle of needing to have the newest house.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I no longer post things I abandon because of all the venom in the Linden Home forums lately. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with contacting friends and letting them know when you are abandoning a location they might like. We used to do it in the abandons thread all the time  . . .  you know . . . back when we are were friendly with each other. Now, many people (including myself) announce their intentions to abandon a great location privately because they don't want part of the non-stop drama over this subject; the great LAND WARS of 2020-2021.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Also what is a prime spot for some may not be for others.  

This, for sure.  I think the only reason I managed to land my dream Trad so easily (it took me one day and 3 rolls, iirc) is because it's on sand, and a lot of people hate houses on sand. It wasn't announced and no-one told me about it. I just caught it completely at random.

• Like 3

I'm more upset by the time, on Mainland, I'd found a bunch of great parcels located all next to each other, bought a bunch up to my tier level, then logged into my alt to buy the last of the parcels.  In just a few minutes, someone TP'd to the parcel and instantly bought it before I could upgrade my alt to membership (and yes, mathamatically, it was cheaper to add a new membership account than to upgrade tier on the main).  They immediately put up banlines, rezzed a house, wouldn't talk in chat or IM's, poofed, and never returned for years (Traffic was always zero).  In the meantime, I built an art museum.  Then one day I logged in and one of my art installments was gone.  It turns out that the neighbor had put their parcel up for sale, it sold quickly, and the new owner didn't like the fact that the radio station I was using for my rock album art exhibit was over the parcel border by a centimeter or two.  That building was such a pain to rez and squeeze in there, so I gave up on it.  Eventually I got sick of all the other b.s. of running an art museum.  But all the hair-pulling frustration began with that original neighbor snagging that one parcel before I could.  So GoH snags are far less stressful 🙍‍♀️🃏😠

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
me hate typ0s
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

4 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

You do realize that even if LL changed it (and I'm sure they won't) that doesn't give you any more advantage of landing a prime spot than it does now right? Also what is a prime spot for some may not be for others.  I mean, even if I get a waterfront house I still can't just plop my boat in the water and take off. I still have to go rez it at a rez spot in order to use it. At least that is how I think it is. 

The bold part is definitely true.  E.g., I'm one of those who don't like sandy trads or campers, and back in the day let many prime ones float away.

The blue part is not, thankfully. 

> At any Belli home that has Linden water within parcel boundaries, (usually a houseboat or stilt, but not limited to them), anyone who can rez on the parcel can rez a boat in the water and sail away, as long as there is enough spare LI to accommodate the boat.  My Over-Land-and-water stilt has 2 boats rezzed at it at all times.

> If you don't have water on your parcel, but you are near to water, you can usually rez the boat on your land, get on it, and shove (edit) it into the water.

> If you don't have water on your parcel, but there is water ANYWHERE in the region, you can rez a boat on your land and "jump" it to the water automatically when you sit on it.  It's late, I'm too tired to find the thread reference, but if anyone wants it I can chase it down tomorrow.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

The bold part is definitely true.  E.g., I'm one of those who don't like sandy trads or campers, and back in the day let many prime ones float away.

The blue part is not, thankfully. 

> At any Belli home that has Linden water within parcel boundaries, (usually a houseboat or stilt, but not limited to them), anyone who can rez on the parcel can rez a boat in the water and sail away, as long as there is enough spare LI to accommodate the boat.  My Over-Land-and-water stilt has 2 boats rezzed at it at all times.

> If you don't have water on your parcel, but you are near to water, you can usually rez the boat on your land, get on it, and shove (edit) it into the water.

> If you don't have water on your parcel, but there is water ANYWHERE in the region, you can rez a boat on your land and "jump" it to the water automatically when you sit on it.  It's late, I'm too tired to find the thread reference, but if anyone wants it I can chase it down tomorrow.

Good to know and might be a good reason to want one of those prime spots on water. If you don't have to rez on the rez spots what are they there for? My guess is for non residents?

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian

3 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Good to know and might be a good reason to want one of those prime spots on water. If you don't have to rez on the rez spots what are they there for? My guess is for non residents?

can't remember where in all the Belli posts it is now, but somebody made a Belli boat launcher. Is a script to stick in a boat (any boat that is modify). The way it works is:

1) rez the boat on our parcel

2) sit on the boat

3) touch the boat, get menu, select Launch.  It llSetRegionPos(...) of the boat to the XYZ region position in a waterway in our home region

when finish boating then go back to home region

4) touch the boat, get menu, select Berth. llSetRegionPos(...) of the boat to the XYZ region position on our home parcel

some people doing this have made cradles on their home parcel for their boats to park up on

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Yes, non residents and also residents that use all their LI allowance for furnishings a decorations. The rez zone is also handy for larger vehicles.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1039 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.