Jump to content

Alts and Linden Homes


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 93 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I've seen in various threads where people don't think that it's fair that someone with an alt is able to get a Linden home when other people haven't even had the chance to get one. Am I missing something? Doesn't everyone have to pay for premium even with an alt account. So why does it matter if someone has 25 alts and all of them get Linden homes? Why is that not fair when they are paying for premium just as everyone else.  It's not like alts have an advantage to getting a Linden house or do they?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I've seen in various threads where people don't think that it's fair that someone with an alt is able to get a Linden home when other people haven't even had the chance to get one. Am I missing something? Doesn't everyone have to pay for premium even with an alt account. So why does it matter if someone has 25 alts and all of them get Linden homes? Why is that not fair when they are paying for premium just as everyone else.  It's not like alts have an advantage to getting a Linden house or do they?

I'm not the thread police but I'm not sure why a new topic was needed.  Most of your questions are answered in the various threads you mentioned.  This discussion is active at the moment and goes into most of the specifics.  

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I'm not the thread police but I'm not sure why a new topic was needed.  Most of your questions are answered in the various threads you mentioned.  This discussion is active at the moment and goes into most of the specifics.  

 

 

giphy.gif

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Matthieu Quander is right. This topic has been addressed in multiple threads and they usually get locked down because of snark, then a new one pops up. Topics are great to have discussions of common interest. One can only hope people will continue a thread with civility, even when they disagree about the topic's content or opposing opinions and views.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

It's not like alts have an advantage to getting a Linden house or do they?

A large number of alts does help in being able to claim more homes so you have a better chance of getting one you really like.  Kinda like buying more lottery tickets increases your chances of winning :)

Thought I would try something different and answer the question instead of trying to tell someone why they shouldn't post here.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PrudenceAnton said:

@Matthieu Quander is right. This topic has been addressed in multiple threads and they usually get locked down because of snark, then a new one pops up. Topics are great to have discussions of common interest. One can only hope people will continue a thread with civility, even when they disagree about the topic's content or opposing opinions and views.

People are only snarking because they are annoyed/upset which they have every right to be.  Not everyone is in the fortunate position you are where they are passed a home in a prime location.  Don't deny it I watched it happen.  A large amount of alts does help claim homes but so does being friends with the main GOH'er. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, FloraMonro said:

People are only snarking because they are annoyed/upset which they have every right to be.  Not everyone is in the fortunate position you are where they are passed a home in a prime location.  Don't deny it I watched it happen.  A large amount of alts does help claim homes but so does being friends with the main GOH'er. 

I am friends with many people and an acquaintance with even more people in Bellisseria. Keeping busy with the community, I have not deviled into the GoH trend. I did in fact, get a home in a nice location, that was abandoned. And I have offered up nice locations I was leaving to friends and strangers alike. People have a right to be upset/annoyed. And if they choose to be snarky about it, that's their prerogative, too. Though unfortunately, it often ends up getting a thread locked down when a discussion is no longer a discussion but an argument.

Am I in a fortunate position? Choosing to be friends with people, no matter who they are, is a kindness I can afford and in turn, I am fortunate for having more friends. I find in life, a kindness, a forgiveness, being more understanding and less judgmental keeps my wellbeing in a good place and extends my desire to share the great things about the Bellisseria community I have discovered with others.

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, FloraMonro said:

People are only snarking because they are annoyed/upset which they have every right to be.  Not everyone is in the fortunate position you are where they are passed a home in a prime location.  Don't deny it I watched it happen.  A large amount of alts does help claim homes but so does being friends with the main GOH'er. 

Creepy. @Matthieu Quander should go into hiding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, FloraMonro said:

People are only snarking because they are annoyed/upset which they have every right to be.  Not everyone is in the fortunate position you are where they are passed a home in a prime location.  Don't deny it I watched it happen.  A large amount of alts does help claim homes but so does being friends with the main GOH'er. 

I've been a GOHer for about two years and have a few homes. Three are standouts. All were abandons and were acquired with persistence. Not one was passed to me, though one  home  was  an announced abandon here or in Belli group. I don't remember which. I have no clue who the main GOHer you refer to is but I do know people with some beautiful properties who spend lots of time discovering newly releasing regions by studying the map. That's too much work for me and I prefer to rely on luck. Also, when downsizing, I announce only the beauties I was giving up so people would have a shot at them.

I hope you get the home(s) of your dreams too. I hope each and every one of you who wants one (or more) beautiful home gets what you want. Just keep at it. it takes lots of frustration tolerance and patience. You don't need an army of alts, you don't need a group passing them to you, and you don't need to game the refresh pages - something discussed recently that I don't fully understand.

By the way, a GREAT time to get a gorgeous abandon is during a new theme release. People give up stunning Vics and Trads and Stilts or Challets or what other favorite lovelies they were tightly holding onto to until they felt it worth taking a stab at a new release. That's how i got my best abandon. :)

Just keep at it and don't waste too much time complaining because it doesn't help anything and makes you feel powerless and depressed. So, go go go take a shot! Wishing you luck; wishing you love. :D

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes
spelling
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You do not need tons of money and an alt army to pass a home between accounts. One alt, maybe two. I pass abandons between my main and alt account a lot, quietly, privately for the most part unless my information is passed onto other GOH players without my consent as I have found has happened. If you only have an alt account for a month it is not that much of an expensive leap to make. And if you use that rule of two which surely everyone knows about by now and choose a quiet time then unless you do want to hoard many places you can get yourself a spot you deem suitable in a short space of time for not much £

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

I am friends with many people and an acquaintance with even more people in Bellisseria. Keeping busy with the community, I have not deviled into the GoH trend. I did in fact, get a home in a nice location, that was abandoned. And I have offered up nice locations I was leaving to friends and strangers alike. People have a right to be upset/annoyed. And if they choose to be snarky about it, that's their prerogative, too. Though unfortunately, it often ends up getting a thread locked down when a discussion is no longer a discussion but an argument.

Am I in a fortunate position? Choosing to be friends with people, no matter who they are, is a kindness I can afford and in turn, I am fortunate for having more friends. I find in life, a kindness, a forgiveness, being more understanding and less judgmental keeps my wellbeing in a good place and extends my desire to share the great things about the Bellisseria community I have discovered with others.

Yeah!  She abandoned it and you caught it.  They even left you the wallpaper for it!  People stood about on that region for weeks waiting to get a place and yet you just happened upon an abandon which you didn't post in the Beautiful Abandons thread thanking said person yet you're such a kind person. 🤔  People can believe what they want but I know what I saw and I have the receipts.  

Perhaps you'll be bestowed some sort of Bellisseria sainthood for all your good deeds. 😇  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, FloraMonro said:

Yeah!  She abandoned it and you caught it.  They even left you the wallpaper for it!  People stood about on that region for weeks waiting to get a place and yet you just happened upon an abandon which you didn't post in the Beautiful Abandons thread thanking said person yet you're such a kind person. 🤔  People can believe what they want but I know what I saw and I have the receipts.  

Perhaps you'll be bestowed some sort of Bellisseria sainthood for all your good deeds. 😇  

It's the people with these responses that made me stop posting my abandons, and leave it to the wild who claims it.
You, and the others swirling as vultures for homes on regions have nó prevaling right to get the available homes, but simply sit at your accountpage like anybody else waiting, and claim what is comming.

Oh and btw .. i don't play GOH with multiple accounts... and  still catch nice places.  It only needs patience and lot of tries, as it álways did, even with 5 or more alts.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

It's the people with these responses that made me stop posting my abandons, and leave it to the wild who claims it.
You, and the others swirling as vultures for homes on regions have nó prevaling right to get the available homes, but simply sit at your accountpage like anybody else waiting, and claim what is comming.

Oh and btw .. i don't play GOH with multiple accounts... and  still catch nice places.  It only needs patience and lot of tries, as it álways did, even with 5 or more alts.

Agree with you 100%.    I don't even like to post any nice abandons I do get anymore due to all the negativity.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, karynmaria said:

Agree with you 100%.    I don't even like to post any nice abandons I do get anymore due to all the negativity.

 Next you'll be telling us that you also got your prime stilt pier property by pure chance and it wasn't also passed on from a GOH'er.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, FloraMonro said:

 Next you'll be telling us that you also got your prime stilt pier property by pure chance and it wasn't also passed on from a GOH'er.  

 

You mean the one beside yours?  :) 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FloraMonro said:

 Next you'll be telling us that you also got your prime stilt pier property by pure chance and it wasn't also passed on from a GOH'er.  

 

even when trying to pass a home to  somebody, it's still the LL system granting it to them. Everybody who is looking for a home at that moment can have the luck to catch it.

 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, FloraMonro said:

Yeah!  She abandoned it and you caught it.  They even left you the wallpaper for it!  People stood about on that region for weeks waiting to get a place and yet you just happened upon an abandon which you didn't post in the Beautiful Abandons thread thanking said person yet you're such a kind person. 🤔  People can believe what they want but I know what I saw and I have the receipts.  

Perhaps you'll be bestowed some sort of Bellisseria sainthood for all your good deeds. 😇  

 

3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

It's the people with these responses that made me stop posting my abandons, and leave it to the wild who claims it.
You, and the others swirling as vultures for homes on regions have nó prevaling right to get the available homes, but simply sit at your accountpage like anybody else waiting, and claim what is comming.

Oh and btw .. i don't play GOH with multiple accounts... and  still catch nice places.  It only needs patience and lot of tries, as it álways did, even with 5 or more alts.

 

1 hour ago, FloraMonro said:

 Next you'll be telling us that you also got your prime stilt pier property by pure chance and it wasn't also passed on from a GOH'er.  

 

 I do not post my abandons here anymore because some people are just mean.  I will ask people who I know are looking for a nice spot of that particular theme or that asks me if I just happen to toss something to let them know. I have and I will continue to do that. I remember those who are nice and those who are not.  

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 93 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...