Sign in to follow this  
Lasher Oh

Welcome back General Discussions

Having said all that, if the General Discussion forum degenerates once again into shouting matches over Apple v Microsoft, LLV2 v Phoenix or child avis (Carole, really!), the whole project will have been a titanic waste of time.

Deltango Vale wrote:

Having said all that, if the General Discussion forum degenerates once again into shouting matches over Apple v Microsoft, LLV2 v Phoenix or child avis (Carole, really!), the whole project will have been a titanic waste of time.

you love it.

I have thought quite a bit about this, and I would just like to say that Apple computers SU%#... oh hang on, oops! it's the new GD, hehehe...

I think the presence and active participation of a Linden who is able to vet all comments and actions by residents and moderators alike is the winning formula.

That way everyone is on their toes and thinks of the ramifications before posting. Look at the second deceased persons thread. While an highly emotive and personal issue, 1 advisory comment there and no one has continued it as requested.

That shows equal respect from the residents, moderators and manager. am i rite ^^? We are all equal here and trusted to keep it civil... ish *winx

I totally agree Maryanne, I noticed how the original OP stepped in and ended that thread before it started in a nice way, I woulda given him Kudos if we could in here.

OMG are we growing up??? /me starts to panic slightly 56.gif

"I think the presence and active participation of a Linden who is able to vet all comments and actions by residents and moderators alike is the winning formula."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with you.

I find that if you treat people as children, they behave as children; if you treat them as adults, they behave as adults. Linden Lab has stopped playing the role of nanny and now treats its residents with respect. In return, residents have stopped playing the role of mischievous brats.

Persephone Emerald wrote:

Yay for nipples!  We all have 'em, so why do only half of us get to show them?

Wut? ^^ You mean we can only show one at a time? now that IS weird o.0 :smileysurprised:

I totally support this, theres no reason why the other half should lack the right to show them

if a law is unjust, you not only have the right to disobey it, but you are obligated to do so

if you believe in equal rights, go for it and post those nipples

If I posted my avatar's nipples on the forums I'd get banned, because I only have female shapes. But if I posted pics of a shirtless guy or a famous painting of a Madonna nursing baby Jesus, I could get away with that.  I've seen nice, artistic photos where I wasn't sure what gender the model was, so what should I do if I want to post those?   It's not fair.  Give me a thread where this debate is relevant - maybe in the art section? - and I will gladly push the line as far as I can without being banned.