Welcome back General Discussions

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have thought quite a bit about this, and I would just like to say that Apple computers SU%#... oh hang on, oops! it's the new GD, hehehe...

I think the presence and active participation of a Linden who is able to vet all comments and actions by residents and moderators alike is the winning formula.

That way everyone is on their toes and thinks of the ramifications before posting. Look at the second deceased persons thread. While an highly emotive and personal issue, 1 advisory comment there and no one has continued it as requested.

That shows equal respect from the residents, moderators and manager. am i rite ^^? We are all equal here and trusted to keep it civil... ish *winx

"I think the presence and active participation of a Linden who is able to vet all comments and actions by residents and moderators alike is the winning formula."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with you.

I find that if you treat people as children, they behave as children; if you treat them as adults, they behave as adults. Linden Lab has stopped playing the role of nanny and now treats its residents with respect. In return, residents have stopped playing the role of mischievous brats.

If I posted my avatar's nipples on the forums I'd get banned, because I only have female shapes. But if I posted pics of a shirtless guy or a famous painting of a Madonna nursing baby Jesus, I could get away with that.  I've seen nice, artistic photos where I wasn't sure what gender the model was, so what should I do if I want to post those?   It's not fair.  Give me a thread where this debate is relevant - maybe in the art section? - and I will gladly push the line as far as I can without being banned.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.