Welcome back General Discussions

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4700 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Welcome back General Discussions , is this a sign that the Forums Micro Managing regime is finally crumbling and will this be followed by a more even handed and liberal approach to moderation? Has a rare flush of common sense broken out at last? Or do we still need to contiue voting with our feet?

^L^

/me blinks, rubs eyes until I see stars, blinks again

Am I seeing what I think I am seeing? Can it really be? Do we really have a GD forum again? I don't know whether to be ecstatic or nervous about this new development. But I will be optimistically ecstatic. Hooray!

Welcome back Linden Lab! You've come a long way since last summer.

New CEO, tickets handled quickly, sane and productive fora, two-way communication between Lab and residents - gods, it's a revolution! There remains one last deed: put V2 in a burlap sack with some heavy stones and drown it in the lake.

Wildcat Furse wrote:

so in this one the 'community guidelines' don't apply?????? Lexie??? :matte-motes-delicious: *meows*

haha  you wish!  The guidelines have been updated to include this forum and it's real life discussions.  All the standard guidelines still apply here.  :P

**back from fishing trip to deliver this message**

Randall Ahren wrote:

Never look a gift horse in the mouth. Praise the Linden gods for their infinite wisdom and offer a prayer of thanks.

Amen!

He that knoweth not, knoweth not that this man is right. Take heed, O thee beloveth... Thy gods will be done. In-world and In forums.

**now heading for the mountains**

GD ;o whoah! Wow! Ty LL.

Katt tweeted this and I didnt know what to think.

If it has to be shut down every year or two to remind everyone to stay on topic is cool.

Thank you.

Okiez! \o/ So on with LL never ending one line contribution  story....

Phillip rose from the dale brandishing....

EyeU.gif

.... no no lol only jokin! 8^)

Lasher Oh wrote:

Welcome back General Discussions , is this a sign that the Forums Micro Managing regime is finally crumbling and will this be followed by a more even handed and liberal approach to moderation?

I think it just means that they have better categories now, and a general place can work without getting as cluttered.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Lasher Oh wrote:

Welcome back General Discussions , is this a sign that the Forums Micro Managing regime is finally crumbling and will this be followed by a more even handed and liberal approach to moderation?

I think it just means that they have better categories now, and a general place can work without getting as cluttered.

You just know it's gonna get just as crazy as it always has heheheheh

I don't care how organized they are.. We'll be baack LOL

Quinn Morani wrote:

/me blinks, rubs eyes until I see stars, blinks again

Tell me about it!! But for different reasons - I haven't visited any Labs-run forums since they shut their own down in favor of the many resident-run alternatives that were springing up back in... 2006? For my money there was as much community in that old general forum as their was in-world, since most folks would pop in there while they were at work.

Now I look around and find LL has it's third CEO, and it's somebody from EA?!? Guess I'm off to comb through Halmet's New World Notes to try and catch up...

One has to wonder why GD was brought back now. After the residents have asked why it was excluded first of all, and asked (pleaded) for this to be created from the beginning of the new Lithium forum. That request had fallen on deaf ears and was fought tooth and nail by the powers that be. Perhaps the decrease in posting and interest in this forum was the deciding factor ? Just as it was before, it usually takes months before they give the people what they want. Time will tell if it is a day late and a dollar short of a resurrection to revive this forum to it's former glory. If it does I'm pretty sure the heavy handed moderation will kill it off as sure as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

The reorganisation has been planned for the last couple of weeks and discussed at the CTUG meetings. It is a combination of merging together lesser used sub-forums to clear up the clutter and clarifying places where certain things should be posted to save the mods having to keep moving the posts all the time.

There was lots of GD type stuff being posted in both feedback and Off Topic and it looks like they have both gone and been replaced with this one.

I don't know why you'd need weeks of CTUG meetings to determine this fact. Many of us had told them this would happen from the very opening of the Lithium forums. Common sense will tell you, you need a GD forum to act as a catch all for topics that don't fit into predetermined categories. When you have this many people posting not all of it is going to be strictly on just SL topics either. Events are going to happen in the real world that people are going to want to express their opinions about, regardless of what the forum subject matter may pertain to. But I personally think it goes beyond just cleaning up the forum itself. This forum has lost a lot of the useful content created by knowledgeable people who don't post here anymore. There was almost as many questions asked and answered in the old GD forum as there is in SL answers section now.

Peewee Musytari wrote:

The reorganisation has been planned for the last couple of weeks and discussed at the CTUG meetings. It is a combination of merging together lesser used sub-forums to clear up the clutter and clarifying places where certain things should be posted to save the mods having to keep moving the posts all the time.

There was lots of GD type stuff being posted in both feedback and Off Topic and it looks like they have both gone and been replaced with this one.

so based on the reply from Lexie and yours nothing has really changed then? everything is now just stuffed in one group called 'general discussions'? but general discussion is not the general discussion concept from the past, right?....sorry just trying to understand it :matte-motes-sour: *meows*

Wildcat Furse wrote:

so based on the reply from Lexie and yours nothing has really changed then? everything is now just stuffed in one group called 'general discussions'? but general discussion is not the general discussion concept from the past, right?....sorry just trying to understand it :matte-motes-sour: *meows*

Yeah, I don`t think the moderation has changed,  though they have lightened up in the last month I think...At least we haven`t seen so much about posts being pulled unfairly etc....Unless people just stopped posting about it lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4700 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.