Premium name change and community forum

YuriaVodka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1024 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

If I upgrade to premium and purchase a name change, will my new name be reflected here if I do not login? I read from some posters here that their names were not updated until they logged out and signed back into the forum. I am planning to go premium to get a last name but do not want people outside SL viewer knowing my new name for reasons I cannot disclose.

Edited by YuriaVodka

9 answers to this question

59 minutes ago, BabyLove Hammill said:

I just got my premium account once again yesterday,  so I can have my last name change,  and it just doesn't work says name  unavailable,  what am I doing wrong my husband had no issues what so ever please help

Is the name on the list?  These are the names available.

Screenshot_20210630-164246.png

Edited by Rowan Amore

Thank you, i talked with them and they said i had to change my first name as nothing will go with my first name ....its weird I know 

"

• Understood. The issue is not with your account. There are a handful of first names that seem to have this issue of not being able to be used on the name change system. Unfortunately, Babylove is one of these. We do have technicians attempting to clear that issue, but I do not have an eta for a fix. I would be happy to try any other first name for you, if you would like."

8 minutes ago, BabyLove Hammill said:

There are a handful of first names that seem to have this issue of not being able to be used on the name change system. Unfortunately, Babylove is one of these. We do have technicians attempting to clear that issue, but I do not have an eta for a fix. I would be happy to try any other first name for you, if you would like."

Bummer.  I suppose it's some bizarre rule that's embedded deep in the system for historical reasons (like, someone setting up the safeguards for child avatars in 2006 figured it was smart to keep anyone named "Babylove" from choosing a suggestive last name).  It could take ages to figure out where that hidden rule is.  Meanwhile, it's probably easily for you to do as they suggest and choose a different first name too.  Like "Popeye".  :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1024 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.