Getting the inventory of a child prim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't want the actual inventory, but I would like, in a script, to check if a prim in a linkset has inventory (and possibly remove it for various reasons). However, the llGetInventory.... functions seems only to work on the current object and llGetObjectDetails seems to return information for the whole object, not just the prim (though I might be doing something wrong here. I'm newish to scripting).

3 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

There is no LSL script function to directly handle link inventory.

@Rider Linden mentioned in the last server meeting that he is interested in implementing a new scripting function for interfacing with object inventory.

I suggested it should have link capability.

This feature request has already been filed too.

the main bit I would like is llGetInventoryDesc. llGetObjectDetails equivalent as well

i have a dance hud script which matches the timer to the length of the respective dance animations.  It would be good if I could read the time from the description field of the animation. At the moment I append the time to the name of animation and pick it from there.  Is messy tho to do it this way, messier with a notecard

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mollymews said:

the main bit I would like is llGetInventoryDesc. llGetObjectDetails equivalent as well

i have a dance hud script which matches the timer to the length of the respective dance animations.  It would be good if I could read the time from the description field of the animation. At the moment I append the time to the name of animation and pick it from there.  Is messy tho to do it this way, messier with a notecard

I'm not sure how llGetObjectDetails() would be used in regards to object inventory, but I have been bringing up the need for llGetInventoryDesc() for some time in the server meetings.

IDK if/when a dev can make it happen, but seeing how quickly llGetInventoryAcquireTime() was implemented when I recently brought it up, maybe there is a better chance now than there was this time last year.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

I'm not sure how llGetObjectDetails() would be used in regards to object inventory

I'm pretty sure Molly meant being able to point it at an inventory item so something like llGetObjectDetails(llGetInventoryKey("inventory"),[...]); (I'm pretty sure that doesn't actually work now. . .) or just llGetInventoryObjectDetails("inventory name",[...]);

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Quistessa said:

I'm pretty sure Molly meant being able to point it at an inventory item so something like llGetObjectDetails(llGetInventoryKey("inventory"),[...]); (I'm pretty sure that doesn't actually work now. . .) or just llGetInventoryObjectDetails("inventory name",[...]);

of the two methods I would prefer that llGetObjectDetails can query assets like animations, textures, sounds, etc. with the addition of llGetInventoryKey(inventory_type. num) as you mention

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.