Can someone walk me through this?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I'm relatively new to creating here on SL and really have absolutely no idea what I am doing. 
I am NOT a mesh creator.  I've tried learning blender, it didn't go well. lol
I do not build new objects or prims.  I am only a texture artist. 

What I'd like to do is find hair meshes or eyes to retexture and repackage to sell on the marketplace, or if someone knows how to set up a file transfer box to
sell just the textures and let other people use them as they like with limited permissions maybe walk me through how to do that instead?

Thanks so much for any help.  ^_^

14 minutes ago, AeonDeloren said:

Hello, I'm relatively new to creating here on SL and really have absolutely no idea what I am doing. 
I am NOT a mesh creator.  I've tried learning blender, it didn't go well. lol
I do not build new objects or prims.  I am only a texture artist. 

What I'd like to do is find hair meshes or eyes to retexture and repackage to sell on the marketplace, or if someone knows how to set up a file transfer box to
sell just the textures and let other people use them as they like with limited permissions maybe walk me through how to do that instead?

Thanks so much for any help.  ^_^

There's a full perm fair going on now you might want to check out

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

There's a full perm fair going on now you might want to check out

I understand the concept of "full perm" but earlier today I was attempting to retexture and upload a new set of eyes to my store and I couldn't figure out how to do it.  >.<  I've tried checking youtube for a tutorial but I'm not sure how to phrase it to search, since creating and retexturing is vastly different here from IMVU where I came from. lol

2 hours ago, AeonDeloren said:

but earlier today I was attempting to retexture and upload a new set of eyes to my store and I couldn't figure out how to do it.

I'm not sure if I understand you right but you don't "retexture and upload" in SL, you do it the other way round: Upload the texture separately and then add it to the mesh.

Edited by ChinRey

14 hours ago, ChinRey said:

I'm not sure if I understand you right but you don't "retexture and upload" in SL, you do it the other way round: Upload the texture separately and then add it to the mesh.

Yeah I figured that part out. lol

What I can't seem to figure out is how to take said mesh, and put it into a marketplace listing.  The "full perm" eyes I found wouldn't let me list them and I'm not quite sure why.

5 hours ago, AeonDeloren said:

Yeah I figured that part out. lol

What I can't seem to figure out is how to take said mesh, and put it into a marketplace listing.  The "full perm" eyes I found wouldn't let me list them and I'm not quite sure why.

What error did you get when you wanted to list them?

6 hours ago, AeonDeloren said:

I figured out what I did wrong, and I got a couple of test listings up now ^_^

When I checked out your listings, the permissions were copy only yet in the description section below, it says transfer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.