Looking for free bodies/heads/skins/etc for avatar

Jovanique

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Jovanique said:

Hello! I'm looking for free bodies, heads, skins, etc for my avatar. Does anyone know of any stores/places that might have some for sale or as a group gift? 

I know quite a few places that have some "for sale", but those wouldn't be "free"

2 hours ago, Jovanique said:

Hello! I'm looking for free bodies, heads, skins, etc for my avatar. Does anyone know of any stores/places that might have some for sale or as a group gift? 

just a note... many of the free bodies, have few or no support for mainstream clothing sizes.

• Like 1

Ebody has two free bodies in its mainstore. It can use BOM but not appliers and it has limited functionality in the hud.

There is a free Altamura body at London City and at Ajuda Brasil (sp?). Altamura free bodies can't use BOM or appliers, you're stuck with the one single skin they are provided with, you cannot customise them at all.

Lucybody has a free body in their Midnight Mania but the BOM relay costs L$197. They can't use appliers so without paying, you are stuck with the supplied skins. Even so this is the best deal of the three because it can fit Maitreya clothes. Ebody and Altamura have very little clothing choice available.

Free heads - There is only one worth having and that's Genus. Available in the mainstore http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Genus Project Mainstore/101/128/35. You need to join the group but the group is free.

DO NOT buy any "complete" mesh avatar that costs more than L$0 - those ones use the Ruth 2.0 mesh body which is distributed free, full perm and public domain. The Ruth 2.0 body and head are awful and almost nothing fits them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

The Meshbody Classic fits TMP clothes, Legacy shoes, but not boots and anything above the ankle. Nails and rings rigged for Legacy fits.

It is a good-looking body, but you will be limited to older releases for clothes. Stores like Scandalize has TMP sizes in older group gifts. I am not sure if the group is free or not now. Sometimes it is free to join, sometimes not. If you find the group free, join it. Next week it can cost money.

But if you have some money, buy Maitreya. It is so many freebies and dollarbies for it, you get back what you paid in gifts. At least if you want a big wardrobe.

I agree that the Genus head is the only freebie head worth picking up now. It has been great gift heads the past year, but you have to be active and join free stuff groups, follow bloggers that blog freebies regulary. We were blessed with both free Catwa and Lelutka heads, so I doubt we will get such amazing gifts from them anytime soon.

I've been using the LucyBody on this avatar for over a month now..

If you can scrape up the money for the BOM hud to turn it BOM, it's a really nice body. About the only thing I'm having a time finding is open toed shoes..But honestly,I really haven't tried too hard to find any yet..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

Assuming you want female and unless you specifically want a fuller figure best achieved by something like the free eBody curvy. i'm going to echo what Matimo and Ceka have said about the free Lucybody Atennea body, it's Maitreaya compatible for clothes/boots, Slink compatible for shoes as long as you make the foot size approx. 25 in appearance mode

This is an example of one of my alts using Lucybody with Maitreya clothes from Blueberry (small group join fee but free store credit regularly given out)
Stela_001_edited.jpg.f4bea7c107392351da305cdf6a53132e.jpg

Here's my alt with Lucybody Atenea and the free Genus head.

210610_011.thumb.jpg.f0ece3fe2284c6acdd14f57bea4ded37.jpg  

Skin is free from Free Dove (7 Deadly Skins Peyton in Oak), hair is a group gift from Sintiklia, top and shorts are a dollarbie from Addams (on the MP) and shoes are a group gift from KC Couture. 

Close up of shoes fit for @Ceka Cianci - you know that Lucybody wears Slink shoes, not Maitreya, right? Foot size set to 28 here.

210610_002.jpg.034697523279cd02d26728078f661d2d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

Here's my alt with Lucybody Atenea and the free Genus head.

210610_011.thumb.jpg.f0ece3fe2284c6acdd14f57bea4ded37.jpg  

Skin is free from Free Dove (7 Deadly Skins Peyton in Oak), hair is a group gift from Sintiklia, top and shorts are a dollarbie from Addams (on the MP) and shoes are a group gift from KC Couture. 

Close up of shoes fit for @Ceka Cianci - you know that Lucybody wears Slink shoes, not Maitreya, right? Foot size set to 28 here.

210610_002.jpg.034697523279cd02d26728078f661d2d.jpg

That's a big help,Thank you soo much!:)

I also use LucyBody Atenea body on an alt and the Genus Strong free head. I like the Atenea body better than Maitreya and Maitreya Lara clothes fit it. Some stores offer free skins as group gifts. Amara Beauty has one out right now, but I can not remember if it is for Genus or not (It might be for Lelutka).

ETA:  The skin is from Pumec. They offer many free group gifts skins and ears, but there is a reasonable fee to join the group.The outfit is the same 1L one mention higher in this thread. The head is Genus Strong and the body is Atenea from LucyBody. Hair I paid full price for at Doux.

freebie.png

Edited by Mercedes Avon
  • Like 1

My favourite free body is Ruth 3.5. You can find it on Marketplace here. When I was using it, I found that it fit most Maitreya clothing decently well, though you can always use the included alphas if clothes don't quite fit right. What's nice about this one is that BOM capabilities are included, whereas with Lucybody, you have to pay extra for BOM capabilities. This body also comes with a free head and skins, but I can't comment on their quality as I've never tried them. 

I'll echo everyone in the thread by saying that the Genus Strong head is the best free head out there at the moment!

As for free skins:

• I know that 7 Deadly S[k]ins has free skins for avatars under 30 days old. Their group is L$150, but for that price you can have access to group gifts, lucky boards, camping chairs, and midnight mania. Occasionally, they will make their group free to join, so that's a good time to jump in. They also have at least one skin at the Free Dove, which is an excellent resource for all kinds of freebie items.
  • WOW! Skins has a number of group gift skins. I think their group join fee is around L$100, but like 7 Deadly S[k]ins, they occasionally make their group free to join.
  • LAQ should have a few free gift skins at their store. Some of them are for LAQ heads, but last time I was there, there was one for Genus as well.
  • Pink Fuel has some free gift skins for newer avatars (under 30 days or 60 days, but I can't remember which one of those it is at the moment!)
  • Like 1

IMO Ruth 2.0 RC3 is better than the 'more recent' versions that completely messed up the head UV. there's one on the MP uploaded by Vlad Blackburns, or you can hit me up inworld for one I converted to BOM and added a somewhat passable shinyness texture to.

The starlight skin by eloh elliot is very customizable by adding and modifying different layers:

https://www.outworldz.com/download/

On 6/10/2021 at 8:24 AM, Jovanique said:

The TMP Mesh body is kinda free, it's only 1L you'll find it in the Legacy Mesh Body Store. You can get a head for free from the Genus mainstore, they still have the strong head as a gift. And for skins, you might get a head skin tone from "The Skinnery"

On 6/10/2021 at 3:54 AM, Jovanique said:

5 hours ago, karenx0 said:

The TMP Mesh body is kinda free, it's only 1L you'll find it in the Legacy Mesh Body Store. 

Unless you already have a well stocked wardrobe of TMP clobber it's not worth wasting time getting the L$1 TMP Classic no new clothes are being created for it.  Anything Maitreya compatible is your best bet such as Lucybody Atenea the skins included with the body are perfectly acceptable if your not flush enough to get the BoM add on

On 6/11/2021 at 10:47 AM, PrincessPeachz said:

Which body is most worth it in terms of up to date affordable clothing? 

19 hours ago, BookishMelinoe said:

Maitreya; almost everyone makes stuff for it. It's a cost upfront, but you can shop pretty much anywhere, and it's cheaper than Legacy.

As BookishMelinoe has said, that Maitreya has more clothing than others, which is correct, but if you are looking for affordable, Belleza Freya is cheaper than Maitreya and Legacy as well. Whereas Maitreya I guess is around 2700Ls while Freya is only for 2500 L. Right now, I have the latest body that is the Kupra body, and for a fact, A lot of stores are making clothes for Kupra as well, but Kupra is 3999 Ls. It also depends on you how you want to make your avi look like. If you want to have something skinny or not too thick, Maitreya is your choice; but if you want to have a thicker body or even a curvy one, Freya, Legacy and Kupra are best for it.

And it depends on which designers you like. I used Freya for a while, and I still prefer the way the Freya looks nekkid. But, for example, Belle Epoque is one of my favorite stores, and mostly has Maitreya and a smattering of Legacy. No Freya at all. And I fell in love with a couple of other stores, too, that only did Maitreya, or only did Maitreya/Legacy. So getting Maitreya allowed me to get the wardrobe I wanted, and IMO it's been worth it. It's very much a YMMV thing.

15 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

The next shop & hop is soon (opens for everyone on the 17th as part of SL18B). You aren't likely to find a full mesh body as a gift, but it'd be a place to get other wearables (each store has to offer a gift).

oh god, last year it took me three months to sort through the stuff I picked up at the shop n hop.

19 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

oh god, last year it took me three months to sort through the stuff I picked up at the shop n hop.

Even bigger this year! Though a new person probably doesn't have all the gifts from ten hunts, three birthdays and numerous other events still to unpack. So it'd be faster, hopefully.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.