Bad Neighbors Trolling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1023 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just recently got a new neighbor on our mainland parcel.  He started returning my stuff that was apparently encroaching on his and i sent him some sharp words.  He, in turn, has started trolling my land with what i think are megaprims projected from his land to mine.  I can't click it etc, it's literally a projection.  

<Removed>

I've reported him for trolling, blocked him, banned him, but what else can i do?  I can't believe some 50 yr old man has the mentally of a 12 yr old to troll.  Any suggestions on how to get rid of this thing?

<Removed>

Well, let's address the elephant in the room first.

If your prims were over his border, he has every right to return them. Granted, that it is not the mot neighborly thing to do. At the same time, you don't know the history, perhaps the last neighbor was a serial encroacher. I say this to say, try wearing his loafers before sending a harshly worded message, you stepped on his toes first. With that said, I do agree a message to you about your prims may have been best. 

Secondly, you can send a report to SL and report the neighbor for abuse. According to the TOS, his behavior is prohibited. The issue here is that I rarely see LL take any actions to enforce the TOS.

I would suggest reaching out to the neighbor, but I think that water may have gone under the bridge. However, you can attempt to apologize and let them know that it was unintentional. However, those sharp words resulted in him throwing his own daggers. 

So, in conclusion, my suggestion is that in the future, try to approach others with a bit of kindness and empathy. It will in the end make your experience much more enjoyable; no weird eyeballs and such. 

• Like 3

You appear to have selected it in the photo. It looks to be two prims linked together, there is the picture of the eye and in the background highlighted in yellow an invisible root prim box. You should be able to r-click the box and return it because the eye part of the linkset is encroaching. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hey there!

I have gone ahead and made some edits to remove the name of the other user. While we understand that your situation with your neighbor isn't the most pleasant, the forums are not an appropriate avenue to call someone out by name.

If communicating with your neighbor over this issue doesn't work, please file an Abuse Report and we will take a look and see what we can do to help :) 

You can find more information on how to file an Abuse Report here: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1023 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.