The login server couldn't verify itself via SSL ??

PatricaC

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1045 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When trying to buy L$ in world I am getting this - "Unable to buy The login server couldn't verify itself via SSL."

My friends are getting the same issue 

But yet buying L$ works through the website

Anyone know what's up?

Attached photo of it below

2021-06-08 (1).png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, PatricaC said:

So unfortunately it was past the time I could call the 1 800 number so I figured create a post and someone from the LL team might happen to see it.

Not a bad thought, but Lindens rarely look through posts in the forums, especially after their own work hours.  I really suspect that this is a simple matter like an expired certificate that will be resolved in a day or so anyway.  Meanwhile, buy L$ through your dashboard.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

No, but the solution seems pretty clear: (a) Report the problem as directed and (b) Buy your L$ directly from the LindeX, using your dashboard (always a good idea anyway).

How do I report the problem??  When I try to submit a ticket I don't see any that apply to this situation and its not just me having it.

My friend in the UK who is a Premium member is also having the same issue problem.

Edited by PatricaC
  • Like 1

That's a good question.  I don't see a specific heading that seems appropriate.  Your friend, of course, has the option of using Live Chat, because she is a Premium member.  Either of you could also call the Billing Office and ask directly.  The billing team is available from 6am to 2pm PST, Monday through Friday. Call toll-free in the US/Canada: 800-294-1067 or 703-286-6277.

You can still buy your L$ from the LindeX on your dashboard.  That's always a better idea than buying L$ in world through your viewer.

Edited by Rolig Loon

10 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

That's a good question.  I don't see a specific heading that seems appropriate.  Your friend, of course, has the option of using Live Chat, because she is a Premium member.  Either of you could also call the Billing Office and ask directly.  The billing team is available from 6am to 2pm PST, Monday through Friday. Call toll-free in the US/Canada: 800-294-1067 or 703-286-6277.

You can still buy your L$ from the LindeX on your dashboard.  That's always a better idea than buying L$ in world through your viewer.

The person I know that has Premium membership always goes to bed around 4pm SLT usually so I don't always catch that person everyday and I didn't know about it until a few mins after 5pm my time as I was cleaning my room.

So unfortunately it was past the time I could call the 1 800 number so I figured create a post and someone from the LL team might happen to see it.

Edited by PatricaC

3 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Not a bad thought, but Lindens rarely look through posts in the forums, especially after their own work hours.  I really suspect that this is a simple matter like an expired certificate that will be resolved in a day or so anyway.  Meanwhile, buy L$ through your dashboard.

Yeah I will 

It is effecting more then 6 people that I have seen ask it in Firestorm Support Group in SL and then the Firestorm support team come back saying its effecting people even using the Second Life Viewer then something is up with LL wise, Hopefully it will be fixed soon

Edited by PatricaC
  • Like 1

Nah I wasn't actually trying to buy lindens when I came across that pop up. I clicked something for sale that I didn't have enough funds for and that popped up. Was similar to the land buying error I got earlier so I screenshotted it as well.

4 hours ago, PatricaC said:

When trying to buy L$ in world I am getting this - "Unable to buy The login server couldn't verify itself via SSL."

My friends are getting the same issue 

But yet buying L$ works through the website

Anyone know what's up?

Attached photo of it below

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I am also getting the error message 

2021-06-08 (1).png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1045 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.