Because the avatar is not turning the camera is likely Alt-LMB clicked on something... but that is easily corrected... ESC or move the camera.

However, if you use the Camera Controls and click Position and mess with those settings, especially the slider, you can get similar effects. You can clear those settings by selecting one of the existing presets from the Camera Controls panel or via the camera icon in the upper right.

4 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Because the avatar is not turning the camera is likely Alt-LMB clicked on something... but that is easily corrected... ESC or move the camera.

However, if you use the Camera Controls and click Position and mess with those settings, especially the slider, you can get similar effects. You can clear those settings by selecting one of the existing presets from the Camera Controls panel or via the camera icon in the upper right.

I click the rear view then use the camera controls to circle my avatar.  Before I downloaded the firestorm EEP viewer and had to redo my rear and front views to something usable, when I hit rear view in cam controls the the direction to circle around, it circled around ME and not some point behind me as you can see in the screen capture.  I don't know which setting in rear view to get the camera back to pivoting around me.  The existing presets (default) were horrid.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the defaults.

If you have changed the camera offset values, and selected a preset... adjusting the camera back to something useful is frustrating. I go with Firestorm's Shift-ESC to reset to the defaults. Or use the Debug settings to reset to default. Then readjust my camera to the values I want.

Looking through the Debug Settings I see several controls that appear to be for moving the camera off the camera's pivot point... fulcrum as they label it. One of those may have gotten tweaked off the default.

I don't know of any change in EEP that affects the camera position. But installing a new viewer version can have odd effects. If you don't find a fix, post your question in Answers and ping @Whirly Fizzle.

4 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the defaults.

If you have changed the camera offset values, and selected a preset... adjusting the camera back to something useful is frustrating. I go with Firestorm's Shift-ESC to reset to the defaults. Or use the Debug settings to reset to default. Then readjust my camera to the values I want.

Looking through the Debug Settings I see several controls that appear to be for moving the camera off the camera's pivot point... fulcrum as they label it. One of those may have gotten tweaked off the default.

I don't know of any change in EEP that affects the camera position. But installing a new viewer version can have odd effects. If you don't find a fix, post your question in Answers and ping @Whirly Fizzle.

Debug settings no longer work (no longer hold after log out) with the newer viewer which I had always used in the past.  When I finally updated to the most recent firestorm viewer, all my settings were gone.  I had to use the camera floater thingie.  I did figure it out.  Kept focus offsets at 0.  Seems to do the trick.  Thanks Nalates.