How to take off Universal Skin

lilbutterflydimples

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1046 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

I bought these tanlines a couple week ago. They came with the tattoo layer and a universal one. I put on the universal one and now I can not take it off. It is grayed out. I tried putting on saved outfits that didnt have them on there and they are still there. Is there a way to remove it?

Here is a picture of it. https://gyazo.com/adebb1b3974cca890119c0214b01be60

Thank you!

16 minutes ago, lilbutterflydimples said:

Right I understand that, but its not my skin/tattoo layer. I had to edit it and make it transparent so it doesn't show on my avatar cause I can't it off. It like permanently stuck on me.

What viewer are you using? You should be able to take off a universal layer like any other tattoo. A couple of things to try if it's a glitched asset:

1) Try taking it off from the "Appearance" panel if you were taking it off from the "Inventory" panel or vice versa. I just checked and you can't take off Universals by right-clicking your avatar - it won't show up in the list of possible clothes.

2) Try creating a new Universal from your inventory and "Wearing" (not "Adding") it. It should replace the glitchy Universal asset. Now take off the new Universal you just created.

• Like 2

We need a few more details to know for sure... which body and whether you use BOM or Appliers. And which viewer you are using. I don't recognize the icon for that item.

Also, you can use your computer's screen capture and paste directly into a post.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

What viewer are you using? You should be able to take off a universal layer like any other tattoo. A couple of things to try if it's a glitched asset:

1) Try taking it off from the "Appearance" panel if you were taking it off from the "Inventory" panel or vice versa. I just checked and you can't take off Universals by right-clicking your avatar - it won't show up in the list of possible clothes.

2) Try creating a new Universal from your inventory and "Wearing" (not "Adding") it. It should replace the glitchy Universal asset. Now take off the new Universal you just created.

The second one work!! Thank you so much! I also use the Firestorm-Releasex64 6.3.9.58205

Sorry to bug you again, but I cant seems to replace my shapes. when I log in I can change my shape, but when trying to put on another shape it is all grayed out too. so I have to restart my firestorm, to be able to change my shape again. Not sure why that is happening, when I use to be able to change them 3 or 4 times a day.

8 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

We need a few more details to know for sure... which body and whether you use BOM or Appliers. And which viewer you are using. I don't recognize the icon for that item.

Also, you can use your computer's screen capture and paste directly into a post.

I have the Maitreya Body V5.3 and all BOM and I use the Firestorm-Releasex64 6.3.9.58205

I never seen that icon before either and it confused me. I guess I should of wear it instead of adding it. The tip Theresa gave me helped with making a new one and wearing it.

Thank you so much for your help too!

Shape is another of those things that cannot be taken off and must be replaced. If you cannot replace a shape, look at your RLV settings. They are in Preferences. Search using Preferences.

RLV stuff can be slow starting up. Thus relog and change can work but after a couple of minutes the RLV locks things down.

Wear and Add are very nearly the same thing. Wear removes whatever is on the attachment point before placing the new item. Add stacks the new item on top of whatever is on the target attachment point.

There is a limit to how many items an avatar can have attached. See SL LIMITS 38 is max. When one is at the limit then Wear and Add might behave differently. Otherwise they should both work. If not, there is some problem and it is usually RLV.

• Thanks 1

On 6/8/2021 at 5:55 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

Shape is another of those things that cannot be taken off and must be replaced. If you cannot replace a shape, look at your RLV settings. They are in Preferences. Search using Preferences.

RLV stuff can be slow starting up. Thus relog and change can work but after a couple of minutes the RLV locks things down.

Wear and Add are very nearly the same thing. Wear removes whatever is on the attachment point before placing the new item. Add stacks the new item on top of whatever is on the target attachment point.

There is a limit to how many items an avatar can have attached. See SL LIMITS 38 is max. When one is at the limit then Wear and Add might behave differently. Otherwise they should both work. If not, there is some problem and it is usually RLV.

Thanks so much!! I got a new RLV collar and that was the cause of it! I never had that issue with my previous one, so that was totally new to me. Thanks for leading me down the right direction! ♥

6 hours ago, lilbutterflydimples said:

Thanks so much!! I got a new RLV collar and that was the cause of it! I never had that issue with my previous one, so that was totally new to me. Thanks for leading me down the right direction! ♥

You're welcome.

From time to time some RLV thing around you will glitch the collar or any RLV relay. There is lots of really old RLV toys in SL. RLV in the viewers has gone through lots of updates. So... things can get confused and hang up for no apparent reason.

It makes life easier if you have the SL default viewer installed also. You can log out of the RLv enabled viewer and switch the SL Viewer (non-RLV) to determine if it is an RLV problem or not.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1046 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.