"LG" short for ?store name? Help....

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1045 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 6/8/2021 at 5:21 AM, Marianne Little said:

I never heard about The Little Bat. After looking at the MP, it appears to have mostly old stuff. Shoppers today know what TLB stands for?

Only OLD BLOGGERS most likely LOL.   

Some two letter brands are VERY confusing. AF can be Artisan Fantasy or Apple Fall and likely other brands too -- I can think of an older clothing store for women but sure I couldn't spell it correctly.  But even if you type a store name into Marketplace search you often get a big list of stores all with the same name. Not sure if that is purposeful with folks trying to piggyback on a well-known brand of if they just didn't know and went with a name without researching.  

On 6/8/2021 at 12:22 AM, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

Or even include your landmark so we can visit your mainstore. My recent purchases from several stores refuse to add a landmark. I have to go into edit while wearing the product and click their name, and hope they have the store slurl in the 2nd life tab or in picks.

Many stores move locations. When I had my store many trips around the sun ago I did not use L M.  I think it takes 2 seconds to get creators profile up so that seems legit way to operate. 

33 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I think it takes 2 seconds to get creators profile up so that seems legit way to operate. 

While I agree that LM's are often worthless, unfortunately, there are so many creators that do not bother to put a SLURL to their store in their own profile - not in the description, not in Picks, nowhere.  That's how you know they really don't care too much about actually selling their goods.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 9:45 AM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Bless that certain male weekend shopping event where tons of stores can't even be bothered with some kind of logo. 😶

Some folks don't seem to want advertising.

On 6/8/2021 at 2:43 PM, Skell Dagger said:

Well, it was an LM notecard for at least about the first three weeks or so that the event ran. Shows how long it is since I bothered with it, as even the LM notecard was too much of a hassle.

Maybe the event creators read this thread.  I noticed this week that when I click on a picture in the sale gallery, this is now at the bottom:

image.png.e5dab981e1ceb00dd2f83f8096186e33.png

Pretty sure that was not there just last week.

ETA:  Spoke Typed too soon, Most of the pictures do not have that TP link, but if they don't have a link, they do at least appear to actually provide the store name now.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

On 6/12/2021 at 11:46 PM, Tarina Sewell said:

I think it takes 2 seconds

It definitely takes longer than a few seconds. Not all mesh is clickable. I might have already closed the folder, collapsed all folders, then have to open my inventory to get back to the folder. Current outfit is great but then studying closely to each temporary link to see the name of the product as I wear a lot of attachments and system layers too.

It takes 2 seconds to click the landmark inside the folder and teleport to the store.

Edited by Kytteh Wytchwood
Also, when a store has moved, responsible creators who want your business, will send out the updated LM and it will say new location in the title of it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1045 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.