When and where are pride/charity events?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 hours ago, Foggypebble Muircastle said:

I want to support and give to the charities that are working in secondlife. Where and when are the events?

In general, the destination guide, the log in message on the official viewer and Firestorm, and join the official groups for such events. People in event groups will often discuss the next event, so you'll keep adding more to visit.

It can be tricky to find out what's happening in advance, so here are a few names. Second Pride is right now. You've missed most of Relay for Life (American Cancer Society), but the final weekend with the actual relay starts on 12th June. For next year, big events for RFL include Home and Garden Expo, Fantasy Faire and SciFi Con. Spoonful of Sugar (Doctors Without Borders/MSF) starts in September. Team Diabetes (American Diabetes Association) usually does some stuff in autumn/winter, though the site didn't have any info about this year yet.

For all of those, search on Google with "Second Life" in quotes and you'll get the official pages. That's not everything obviously, but it's a few to get you started. SL18B is also just around the corner and some charity groups/events are likely to have exhibits.

56 minutes ago, Foggypebble Muircastle said:

It just seems preposterous. It's pride month and day after day I can't find anything to do and I can't find any specific events aside from "Second Pride Festival 2021". Is there perhaps a big calendar of these events with landmarks somewhere?

It's pride month all year long in SL already, so most people don't bother.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Foggypebble Muircastle said:

It just seems preposterous. It's pride month and day after day I can't find anything to do and I can't find any specific events aside from "Second Pride Festival 2021". Is there perhaps a big calendar of these events with landmarks somewhere?

Click on the links people gave you.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Foggypebble Muircastle said:

I read about rainbow railroad on seraphim but I'm not sure where to go to donate lindens to it.

I want specifically charity/donation events. Like what rfl did

I get the feeling you are trying to make us your google butlers.
Ask Jeeves.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.