Is this against the rules?

Scarlett Lyter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i have a question i know age-play is not permitted but what is the policy on this... my friend is over 18 in rl but plays a teen in sl and they have a friend who is a teen in sl too but also a teen under 18 in rl the under age person wants to date the over 18 person in sl is that against the rules?

basically can an adult playing  as a teen date a rl teen playing as a teen?

not having sex just flirting, kissing, and stuff like that.

4 answers to this question

Probably not against the rules but its on very thin ice if the dating turns serious.  The 18 year old needs to decide if that dating is worth being accused as a sexual predator for the rest of their life. Not joking here. 

--Cinn

Edited to note:  I changed child molester to sexual predator because the molester label would require real life contact.  However, contact with a minor over the Internet of a sexual nature even without real life contact can get one convicted as a sexual predator in some jusrisdictions.

• Like 1

Good question and there are ways that it would not be against the TOS.

Assuming that the under 18 person has registered correctly & is restricted to G rated land (if they aren't then thats already against the rules and should be AR'd) the over 18 person is also allowed onto G rated land & there is no reason that they can`t hang out. But as far as "doing" anything, that is not permitted on G land so that would be a violation of the TOS.

When you get into what they are or are not talking about, either in IM or on Voice, I have no idea how that could be policed, but so long as their avatars are not nekkid and getting jiggy together I think they are within the rules.

Bearing in mind that 16 is the age of consent in a lot of countries, I don`t see it being any worse than what is going on in RL but thats my personal opinion.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.