You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1051 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

After being in SL so long I've come to realized that this is a great platform to bring awareness to real life interests.  One of my interest has always been about giving back, whether it is time, resources or funds I have made it a fundamental character for my family.  I subconsciously brought that same mindset into second life after starting our sorority, Sigma Upsilon Nu.  Since 2010, Lupus Awareness has been Sigma Upsilon Nu's charity of choice. We have unselfishly dedicated our time in raising funds and awareness throughout the full month of May. With the help of our SL sponsors, designers, and supporters we have raised $1,856.00 this year. As promised these proceeds will be donated to Lupus of America and Lupus of UK. We would like to thank everyone who participated by attending our events, supported as a sponsor, a contributor, a planner, a designer or just simply forwarded our information. We appreciated all your efforts! See you next year.

Because of Covid we've realized that we could and should do more.  In January 2012 we submitted paperwork for our 501c3 and moved forward in our decision to maintain The Lupus Awareness Foundation inworld.  Our goal is to host support groups in the SL community for lupus survivors as well as family and friends. With the help of informed volunteers & committed supporters, we will be able to increase awareness of lupus, provide support groups & services, rally support for those who are affected by lupus & advocate on their behalf, & raise money to support research & education programs in the US & UK.  Here are a few photos of those who supported our 2021 photo campaign.

178078214_3820652304648726_4176222916028988449_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1051 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.