RIP Mr Altberg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1045 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Not everyone reads the land forums.

I hadn't even realized it was Land General Discussion rather than regular General Discussion.

I really wish they would rename that Land one (the General Discussion sub-forum) to avoid confusion.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

Such sad news!

Ebbe was an enthusiastic and engaging fellow. I met him in RL some years ago when he came to NYC for a tech fair. I had lunch with him, Peter Linden (who has moved on) and a few residents. I remember my main impression was that he was normal. Normal! That may seem funny, but we have had some rather eccentric leaders, who could get pretty wild, and while that is good in the early start-up stages, at some point the grown-up has to come along. His past jobs were at large, mature companies such as Microsoft and Yahoo and that seemed so reassuring for the next stage. Ebbe had a great deal of experience with companies and people and the sophisticated European manner than Americans lack. But he was low-key and nice.

It's scary to think of the Lab without a CEO or a VP of Engineering. But there are very dedicated and experienced Lindens at the helm, Patch, Grumpity, Wendi and more. I hope they will get a good person in soon. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 7
  • Sad 1

I was surprised to hear of Ebbe's passing. We all lost someone who was important to us today. I really don't know what to say beyond that except to offer my condolences especially to the team at LL, as they probably knew him best and are probably even more saddened than the rest of us.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I will be forever grateful to everything Ebbe contributed to Second Life.  I never voice but one time I had an opportunity to voice with Ebbe and I took it.  I'm so glad i did that now.

Prayers and hugs to his family and all the Lindens and Moles that worked with him.

RIP Ebbe

• Like 8

Ebbe had the odd, for a CEO, habit of appearing unexpectedly inworld and one time I was in my building in Bay City and there he was looking around.  We went up to Executive Suite and sat in the boardroom to have a nice chat.  I fear I must have bored him terribly but he was gently tolerant of this old codger in the funny helmet.

He understood that SL was unlike any other business in that the relationship between the Lab and the Residents was not purely business.  That is why we mourn his passing.  He was not just the CEO of the company.  He was, in a very real sense, one of us.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1045 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.