File missing from Database Error after certain circumstances (explained deeper in thread)

Feuerblau

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1052 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not a new issue, i read about it.

Problem is/was:
I wanted to teleport from Doux to my home. Got stuck in teleport. Abort teleport and quit the viewer because after such a failed teleport i always disconnect in a few seconds.
Tried relogging, got stuck in "connect to region". Quit the viewer/disconnected (Closed window, no taskmanager kill).
Tried a second time, login worked again.
Got the message that my shape was "missing from database".
The all known error message.

Now my question. It seems the file is corrupted and its gone to nirvana, from what i've read. A unique selfmade shape i'm not able to redo and wanted to make an backup the next day (Karma is a b...).
Or is there ANY solution that could "rejoin" the file/link from my viewer to the file on SLs servers? 
Or is that file on the SL servers just "poof" and gone for ever, destroyed by that unlucky disconnect, reconnect, region teleport error stuff?

I'm frustrated... very angry, disappointed... (I know, there are things who are worse. But i worked on that shape for a long long time to get it how i want it.)

Thanks for replies. *takes a deep breath*

039eb2c63891c0a90069af8b900ec95f.png

14 minutes ago, Feuerblau said:

Not a new issue, i read about it.

Problem is/was:
I wanted to teleport from Doux to my home. Got stuck in teleport. Abort teleport and quit the viewer because after such a failed teleport i always disconnect in a few seconds.
Tried relogging, got stuck in "connect to region". Quit the viewer/disconnected (Closed window, no taskmanager kill).
Tried a second time, login worked again.
Got the message that my shape was "missing from database".
The all known error message.

Now my question. It seems the file is corrupted and its gone to nirvana, from what i've read. A unique selfmade shape i'm not able to redo and wanted to make an backup the next day (Karma is a b...).
Or is there ANY solution that could "rejoin" the file/link from my viewer to the file on SLs servers? 
Or is that file on the SL servers just "poof" and gone for ever, destroyed by that unlucky disconnect, reconnect, region teleport error stuff?

I'm frustrated... very angry, disappointed... (I know, there are things who are worse. But i worked on that shape for a long long time to get it how i want it.)

Thanks for replies. *takes a deep breath*

039eb2c63891c0a90069af8b900ec95f.png

I'm sure there's some other technical fix for this but whenever it happens to me, I clear inventory cache then relog, letting my inventory full load and everything is back to normal.

Yes, I know people say it's not the first thing to try but it ALWAYS works for me.

• Like 1

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

I'm sure there's some other technical fix for this but whenever it happens to me, I clear inventory cache then relog, letting my inventory full load and everything is back to normal.

Yes, I know people say it's not the first thing to try but it ALWAYS works for me.

May try that. 
But i tried it with another two viewers. Lumiya and Dragon. Both had a totally empty cache. Same error message on Dragon though.
So my assumption was that it was really just destroyed. Will test it with firestorm.

Thank you. I also wrote a ticket. But i guess they are not able to fix that from their side to be honest. *sigh*

59 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I tried everything now. Cache clearance, other viewers, copy/paste, XML export (it exported the shape i was using before of course).
It shows the shape as wearing in the appearance window but not when i look at the original. So the LINK gest activated but it can't find the file obviously.
Tried the Standard SL viewer and Blackdragon with clean install. Deleted everything in the cache folder manually.
It's like the shape file was totally blown from the servers itself.
Like... literally obliterated.

I should get an award for that... *laughs with frustation*

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

And when you right click on the link and choose find original, it doesn't take you to the original?  Current outfit, then your shape, then right click and find original?

It does. The original is still there, in some form. But it is not really attachable.
When i attach it, in the original folder it does not attach (bold letters). But in the appearance Window there the outfits are saved, it shows as worn. 
That's some quite strange behavior.
But in reality the shape i worn before switching to it for example is still active. Like, when wearing shape 1 and shape 2 is the broken one. I attach shape 2, it shows in the outfits as bold and wearing, but still shape 1 is active. 
In the inventory and current outfit though it shows not in bold letters so not active.

I hope LL can restore it somehow. I can't believe that it is gone from their servers. I bet it's some strange "synchronisation" problem due to that weird disconnect>loading> disconnect issue. (Like pulling power cord from a booting PC like.)
Who knows.

That issue is quite worrysome to be honest. It can happen everytime again for everyone. Not want to sound panicked but it IS something people should know can happen.
I missed to make a backup for that shape unfortunately. And that's what bothers me the most. Normally i do exactly that.

@Feuerblau: As I understand this, any file can corrupt and if it is the file on your PC, since it is merely a copy of the original data held on a Linden Lab server, cache clearance and a reload of your inventory fixes the issue.

However if the file on LL's server corrupts, that is it, end of.   It is rare but it does  happen:  it can happen with any piece of data.  But as they say, once it is gone, it is gone.  Unless someone knows otherwise, I do not think the data representing your (account's) inventory is backed up, unfortunately.

that error will happend until the inventory asset scripts on their backend run and the mismatch is seen and restored,  least that's how it was explain years ago,  should be the same process.  it compares snap shots, looks to see if you pruged or if there is an error and then take the appropriate actions, but sometimes the asset link is corrupt,  which LL does end up running other scripts on it, so it could come back randomly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1052 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.