FPS dropped on Linden Home

charlouli08

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

So, in order to be clear, I decided to take my premium membership two months ago, in order to get a Linden Home, and for now, on my side I never had any issues. 

I decided to move few weeks ago to a different type of Home, and got a Log Home.

Until now, I had no issues, I was at about 60/50 FPS, which was perfectly fine to me, especially considering the fact my decoration was a bit heavy.

BUT, for about a week now, I can't reach 20 FPS, and I'm mainly around 10/15 FPS, which is pretty annoying to move around my house, but also for my friends it's a big pain, considering the fact that they just can't come home anymore (since they just crash).

To be clear, I haven't change my home decoration since I moved in. i do my best to have low Prims furnitures, and few scripts, so things stay stable.

Do you know a way to contact the Governor or report this issue to Linden Lab ? Or find a way to reduce those issues.

Also, I haven't check my neighborough, but in my previous Linden Home, I had also some FPS drops, cause (to my mind) by my neighbor who had about 10/15 feedable pet at home.

I spent about 20/30 hours to make my home decoration, and it would trully break my A** to redo everything... So, your help is pretty important to me !

Thank you very much ! 

KR,

Charlou

Thank you for the advice Sylvia !

And yes, I supposed that the breedables had a big impact on the global performance of the region :c

I'll take a look around before making a ticket, so I'll send them an accurate ticket !

Thank you all ! ♥

• Like 1

Depends on what type of breedables we're talking here. Some like for example the Ozimals bunnies lag like hell but breedables like amaretto, meeroo and fennux do not.

It's an old wife's tale that persists to this day that ALL breedables cause lag.

Edited by So Whimsy
  • Like 3

Some breedables don't cause much lag at all, and some are monsters.

I had a similar issue with my stilt. One day when i'd turn in a particular direction my frames would drop from 20-30 to 4-6. Eventually my direct neighbor behind me(in the direction) moved out and I was suddenly able to move again! Those neighbors had 2-3 breedables on their back deck, but I can't say whether or not those were the problem as they were not always moving.

It got so bad at a point that looking in that direction would completely freeze my game and cause it to crash. That is the only time i've ever experienced lag that bad in my years on SL. My card is a 1080.

It could very well be a neighbor if it just suddenly started doing it one day. Try and pinpoint the direction. Maybe do a systematic derender of everything you can see in that direction and see if it changes.. then maybe narrow it down. Some people understandably go for really nice looking furniture or dealings, but then it turns out those items have astronomical render cost.

Edited by CandyJewels

1 hour ago, charlouli08 said:

Thank you for the advice Sylvia !

And yes, I supposed that the breedables had a big impact on the global performance of the region :c

I'll take a look around before making a ticket, so I'll send them an accurate ticket !

Thank you all ! ♥

The log home regions seem to be laggier than the others.  You could also turn down your draw distance at home.  It should help immensely.  Try 64.

• Like 3

Another thing that can really lag a region is the presence of temp-rez decor.  A common example is a 5-LI table that temp-rezs 40LI of table settings every minute.

On Firestorm (I don't know about LL's viewer) you can see the presence of temp-rez objects very clearly on the minimap, if you enable showing temp-rez (right click on the minimap to find the Show options).  Temp-rez objects will show up as bright orange, but of course, only during the times that they are rezzed.  Even easier, you can use Area Search to see the objects' name and location - go to the options tab and enable showing temp-rez.  Usually I disable showing anything else.

Another simple test is to fly straight up into the sky until you can't see anything. If all the lag goes away, the cause is your client trying to load everything. For that, all you can really do is cut down on draw distance.

If the lag is still there with nothing around you, something is using up all the region resources.

• Like 3

• Moles

As per the Linden Homes Covenant (Revised May 4th, 2021):

*Breedables and breedable systems (in world scripted objects that communicate with one another to "procreate" and give the user new variations or versions of themselves for sale or transfer) are only allowed under the following conditions:
    -They are limited to two (2) active units with "food" rezzed out at any given time.
    -Hovertext is OFF or is not visible from outside the parcel.
    -They are within theme if visible outside the home. 
    -They do not involve the constant re-rezzing of temp objects.
  *Linden Homes parcels cannot be used as a breedable "farm" or "mill" for large scale production of breedables.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

It might also be just down to one of your neighbours' houses being decorated with far too many objects with un-necessarily large textures. 

You might be able to pinpoint the house by turning in different directions and seeing which houses  you're facing when the fps drops worst. If you move to different points around the region you might be able to triangulate the exact house. From there you might be able to identify the offending objects and derender them. Or derender everything in the entire parcel (I've done that before). 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

*Groans* I just moved into a very attractive Stilt parcel, and I guess I found out why the previous owner abandoned. One of the nearest neighbors has over 35  objects listed with the creator "Kitty Cats" - and that was after I derendered and blacklisted several of them. There is also a fish temp razzer nearby.

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/21/2021 at 8:04 AM, Trinity1776 said:

*Groans* I just moved into a very attractive Stilt parcel, and I guess I found out why the previous owner abandoned. One of the nearest neighbors has over 35  objects listed with the creator "Kitty Cats" - and that was after I derendered and blacklisted several of them. There is also a fish temp razzer nearby.

AR each & every Kitty Cat and Ar the fish temp rezzer. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.