Looking for AO recommendations

Sakura Sands

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

17 minutes ago, Sakura Sands said:

I think it’s time to upgrade my AO.  My current Vista AO (Zoe) is beginning to annoy me by how much it moves my avatar around.  If any of you have recommendations on AOs you like or use, I’d love to hear them.

A lot of people seem to use Body Language.  I've only found one stand there that didn't annoy me but they do have a ton.  Voir Animations has a nearly still AO which is nice.  If you use Firestorm, you can easily build your own with individual animations.  Stun Poses and OMY have breathing stands which I like.  Check the events.  Always a few pose stores there.

• Thanks 1

I was looking for simple and nice AO, Body language has some nice Aos but always some poses annoyed me, so I ended up making my own. Just buy poses you like and add it in Firestorm and you'll be happy with your choice. It really took me weeks to deside it but this is the best descision for myself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My latest one is from Tuty, but I had to tinker with it. It had a couple of poses that annoyed me, so out they went, and I still prefer the walk and run from Vista Lara, so in they went. Probably my next move will be switching to Firestorm's AO! Pretty much all the AOs have something that irks me.

• Thanks 1

I think like Rowan a significant portion of SL makes up their own set of AO animations by picking single animations from all over.

I seldom like the sets of stand animations that come with an AO. I've bought several individual Kuso-Oracul animations because they come in 3 sizes. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Kuso/153/214/227

[RNP] is a good animation shop for those making furniture.

Ruckus @ AnimAlive is another furniture and HUD animation maker (often X rated) but has many types of animations

Tuty's makes some fun animations.

MyAnimation makes a ton of animations, lots of dances.

I like Firestorm's AO as I can make sets of animations and switch between them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tried a lot of AO's but somehow always end up back at Vista, just really love their quality even though a tad pricey.

I have the Vista Esther AO, as it does not walk around (hate that too), keeps the legs in positions that it does not mess up longer dresses/gowns to much, and just looks very feminine and natural imo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Tried a lot of AO's but somehow always end up back at Vista, just really love their quality even though a tad pricey.

I have the Vista Esther AO, as it does not walk around (hate that too), keeps the legs in positions that it does not mess up longer dresses/gowns to much, and just looks very feminine and natural imo. 

Just watched the video--that one does look good! I'll have to remember it the next time I go looking.

• Like 1

Another vote here for adding poses to your built in AO. I use breather poses with minimal movements in the fingers and legs. In addition to some of the above mentioned, I also frequent LyriumGo&SeeSpace Cadet, my own bvh creations, and others that I honestly can’t recall. 

My swims are from Oracul. My jumps and runs are primarily from SLC. My sits are from a variety of places, too. 

Edited by norajulian
Autocorrect is ruining my life.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, norajulian said:

Another vote here for adding poses to your built in AO. I use breather poses with minimal movements in the fingers and legs. In addition to some of the above mentioned, I also frequent LyriumGo&SeeSpace Cadet, my own bvh creations, and others that I honestly can’t recall. 

My swims are from Oracul. My jumps and runs are primarily from SLC. My sits are from a variety of places, too. 

The place you mentioned for the hug animation, RVN, looks like they have some AOs I might have to look at.

• Like 1

I use the Firestorm AO like a lot of people. It's pretty easy to set up and am sure youtube has a tutorial or the Firestorm website.

I buy breathing/non breathing poses on sale. One of my favorites is Stun Poses. I also buy 1L-50L AOs on the Marketplace and I am able to pull out the animations that I like to input them into my Firestorm AO. A lot of low cost Animation Overriders have some good animations, and you can pick and choose which ones to pull out.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.