Looking for a no-poseball couples hug HUD

MelodicRain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1016 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I saw some people today using some kind of HUD that allows them to hug on the spot with a subtle animated pose. I was wondering if anyone knows where it might be from:

• It's not the free "Meike Hug/Kiss Animator HUD" that pretty much everyone has
  • It's not any of the "follow/grab" HUDs either as I have them and they're all static poses, however it might work similarly
  • It does not use poseballs
  • They're subtly animated and definitely not static poses

I don't have any screenshots since they poofed before I was able to, but some poses I noticed include:

• One person standing in front and the other with arm loosely around her neck
  • One person standing in front and the other holding her arm

4 minutes ago, Quistessa said:

Perhaps they threw some custom animations into either the hug&kiss or one of these grab HUDs. probably not the H&K if they weren't oriented facing each other though.

I don't think it's the hug and kiss one as one of the couple's avatar name was floating much higher than normal, indicating their pose elevation was dramatically altered to avoid the collision box.

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Unfortunately it's not those two as those ones are meant more for photography, the one I saw was more subtle and work better for standing around, but it's nice to see couples HUDs that isn't the Meike or follow/grab one.

I don't recall any product names off the top of my head, but it isn't particularly difficult to make a couple animation without poseballs, even if it requires some height offsets.

They will generally use the script command llMoveToTarget to move one of the avatars relative to the other (and keep them there), so they tend to act similar to followers. If you don't require height offsets, then the two animations can simply be played while the two avatars are close to each other. Both avatars will still be able to turn around freely, which means that precise pose alignment is impossible (even with RLV) but that's just the nature of free-standing avatars in SL.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

3 hours ago, MelodicRain said:

I don't think it's the hug and kiss one as one of the couple's avatar name was floating much higher than normal, indicating their pose elevation was dramatically altered to avoid the collision box.

sounds like a RLV-enabled HUD

not sure if anyone is selling this commercially, but there are a number of custom HUDs that can do what you observed without poseballs

script traps the movement keys of the huggee so they can't move themself.  When the hugger moves/rotates, huggee is moved with the hugger. Rest is done with couples animation

a conversation of how to go about making one of these HUDs is here: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/429801-rlv-and-setrot/

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1016 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.