You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Has anyone received spam email notifications Message from Second life this object has sent you a message- access denied cause you are out of range. My friend is getting these continuously with multiple collars that he has never had access to and is not trying to access. Just wondering how to stop this. Or is it an issue with the collars?

3 hours ago, magenta22222 said:

Has anyone received spam email notifications Message from Second life this object has sent you a message- access denied cause you are out of range. My friend is getting these continuously with multiple collars that he has never had access to and is not trying to access. Just wondering how to stop this. Or is it an issue with the collars?

Sounds like to me some one rezzed a collar in world and forgot about it or,  some one set them as master or something along those lines.  

10 hours ago, magenta22222 said:

Not the case. On either of those. The one I was wearing was added on not rezzed and my friend has never had access.  Its only doing it with some collars. 

Wearing and rezzing are functionally the same thing as far as scripts are concerned.

Do you know if your friend is only getting messages from your collars? Can your friend come here and show us one of the emails?

The problem is possibly that your friend has a setting enabled to redirect IMs to their email. So when the scripts try to llInstantMessage to give your friend an error, it gets redirected to their email. This can be changed in the viewer, for example.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.