Resident leaving unwanted objects on Land

Polyester Pancake

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi there,

I have "Build" unchecked for "Everyone" under my land Options to stop residents leaving unwanted objects.

However I just logged in to find my land filled up again with objects from a Resident and had to manually return them... again.

The Residents profile is empty so I wondered if it's some kind of griefing bot thing people are doing now - has anyone else had this happen on their land?

I've reported this to the lindens and changed my lands auto-return to 1min (hoping this will work better than the "Build" button seems to.

Any wisdom/advice is greatly appreciated!

Poly

Edited by Polyester Pancake

3 answers to this question

(May want to remove the resident's name to comply with forum rules.)

Did the parcel have Object Entry enabled? That's distinct from Build and it's one way objects can get on land. This isn't even considered griefing unless there's something specifically objectionable about the content left behind. Essentially, without Auto Return enabled (and especially with Object Entry enabled) the land is basically offered to all as a sandbox.

Even with public build and public object entry off, people can still "drive" objects onto your land, stand up and leave them.

It's always a good idea to use a short autoreturn time if you're not using public building and a moderate autoreturn time if you are.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.