You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the night to the 23th of May, I lost my beloved wife, my partner in crime, my soulmate, my rock in the unsteady breaking of waves ... the light of my nights, the hope of my days.
For almost 14 1/2 years, we were a unit. I miss every single second of this time ... with no exception. This is way more you can say about another human, than usual and describes the relation in a perfect way.
Last night I got the certainty, the dull feeling became brutal reality.

Now there is nothing left but a dark, cold, deep and empty hole in my soul. No words can ever express my grief !
The cruel fate just blew out my life light.
Amanda was my world ... and my world is dead now.

I hope you´ll find peace ... wherever you are now.
Life is energy and energy can never be lost. It will always be transformed. Maby your energy will transformed to something you love. I hope so much.

Your loving wife San

a (1139).jpg

a (401).jpg

• Sad 23

I am so terribly sorry for your immense loss.

She is forever missed, especially here as well.

My sincerest condolences.

• Like 2

I am so sorry to hear this. I know that she will be very much missed. My condolences to you and to all of Amanda's friends and family.

“We’re built to cruise for but a while upon this trackless sea,

until one day we sail away into infinity.”

(John T Baker)

• Like 1

I'm very sorry for your loss, Sandrine.  I lost a good SL friend earlier this year.  I first heard this quote when my sister read it at our dad's funeral years ago.

For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun?

And what is it to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its
restless tides, that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?

Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing.

And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb.

And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.

~Kahlil Gibran

• Like 3

My condolences to you, Sandrine and to Amanda's family and friends. It is hard to find words that might offer you anything of value after suffering this momentous loss, the grief, the suffering is so overwhelming, all consuming now.

May you in time find that memories of happy times, of the love and joy you shared, of the moments of laughter and happiness sprout through this dark cover of grief and give you some comfort.

Fen.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm a little speechless.

San, I can't tell you how sorry and upset I am to hear this. My interactions with Amanda were limited to posts here, and a small handful of DMs, but she was someone I always wanted to meet in-world. I even occasionally popped into New Orleans half hoping to bump into her. I am deeply regretful that I never did.

Everything I know about her left me with the impression that she was a sweetheart -- a warm, loving person with a sense of adventure, humour, and community.

My sense of loss can't begin to approach what I know you must be feeling, but you should know (I'm sure you do) that we was liked and admired by many.

I'm so saddened by this, and so very very sorry.

• Sad 1

So sorry to hear, I never really knew her other than to see her postings here in the forums, but yet even with that limited exposure, I could tell she was special. She will be missed by all of us. I am praying that you and those close to her can find some comfort in your time of loss.

• Like 1

Sadly, another long established and much respected person is taken from us here in the sailing community of Second Life. My heart goes out to her RL and SL family. You will be remembered.

• Like 1

Sandrine, I am so saddened to hear that Amanda has crossed the bar. My deepest condolences to you and all who loved her, and a wish for fair winds and following seas to Amanda herself.

• Like 1

So very sorry to hear this about Amanda.  My deepest condolences to you, and family and friends, SL and RL. 

She will be missed in the Forums. She always came across as someone very kind and helpful.   I will miss seeing her posts in the avatar picture threads.  She was also very helpful for those looking for help or advice about women's military styles jackets/outfits from prior centuries, or 18th century sailing or pirates, and I'm sure she will be deeply missed by those in the communities she sailed with. 

May she live on in your memories. 

• Sad 1

Sandrine, I was very sorry to hear about Amanda, and thank you for thinking of others in your time of great loss. I wish there was something I could say that could be of some comfort to you in these dark and strange times ahead.  Sending my biggest internet hugs to you and Amanda's other loved ones. 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

I would like to point to several pictures of Amanda´s life in SL.

Those pictures sums up her personality in a perfect way.

She was so full of life, always curious to explor and try new things, passionate for her friends, her sailing and her beloved SL

hometown New Orleans. ❤️

Flickr I

Amanda Dallin

Flickr II

Amanda Dallin

Flickr, NOLA

New Orleans City in Second Life

Snapzilla
http://snapzilla.net/Profile/Amanda-Dallin/1

Here you´ll find the transcript of the Memorial Service for her, at Antiquity. Her beloved sailing place and home of her

Continantal Navy family.

https://www.magentacloud.de/share/801g58b1h9

Those are some links to the Blackrose Shipyard blog, of her close friend and partner in ship building and testing, Xi.

https://blackroseshipyard.weebly.com/news/amanda-dallin

https://blackroseshipyard.weebly.com/news/amandas-service-in-antiquity

Here´s her SL community site

https://community.secondlife.com/profile/853888-amanda-dallin/

"The human being is not really dead until no one thinks about him anymore"

(Bertold Brecht, german poet)

Edited by Sandrine Vanbeeck
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.