Help Modernizing Male Avatar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 139 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 hours ago, Ashe Darkfold said:

Indeed, and I'm already progressing beyond that. It may take a bit for me to understand something, but I hit the ground running once I do. 🙂

y4mi76SYfHzlI8P0MEMWO_wh_cgnjDcA-byBOfQZ

The moustache and beard need lightening to a browner color, but you're lookin good!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Roxy Couturier said:

The moustache and beard need lightening to a browner color, but you're lookin good!

I really liked the black and had no plan to change, but decided to try the dark brown and.. you know what? I like it better. 🙂

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Ashe Darkfold said:

I really liked the black and had no plan to change, but decided to try the dark brown and.. you know what? I like it better. 🙂

I must compliment you for your shape. You have a very fine one, not like the overly muscular ones. I find a balanced, well proportional male much more attractive than the Hulk ones.

I also like men who dare to try other colors than black in hair and beard. Males who cling to black as the safe color is a dime a dozen. Dark brown is more interesting.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I must compliment you for your shape. You have a very fine one, not like the overly muscular ones. I find a balanced, well proportional male much more attractive than the Hulk ones.

I also like men who dare to try other colors than black in hair and beard. Males who cling to black as the safe color is a dime a dozen. Dark brown is more interesting.

It's funny you should say that about the shape, because I'm kind of making it up as I go. I completely agree about the oversized Hulk avatars, though. I'm at 35 on my muscle sliders, with just a bit of stomach, saddle bags, etc. added in, because it feels more real. Even that high is feeling a bit bulky. As far as the hair color, my RL is such a dark brown that it usually gets mistaken for black, so I was sticking to something close to it, but I know what you mean. 90% of the guys I see in SL are black hair. So, if I can go dark brown with an aesthetic that stands out and appeals to me at the same time? I'm all in. Now, if I could just get a Viking/Norse tattoo somewhere in-between what I'm wearing in this pic and "I just Google image searched Norse symbols and pasted them all over the body", that'd be great. 😅

y4mEMhTh3n6jGSZljMlUj7AbVqzgjZfMx5CKLEaS

• Like 1

I need to give my alternate avatar a new look.  Trying to find a modifiable classic shape that works with it.  The one he has is no modify which means I cannot make any adjustments to it.  I would prefer not to have mesh shapes and skins as they seem to be more trouble than there worth.

Make your own shape.  All shapes are made the same way whether you use a mesh  body or not.  The shape is the underlying structure we ALL use.  A mesh body just goes over the shape.  Sort of like a body parts suit.  A mesh head is the same.  It goes over the regular head.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

You're in luck! I saw a Viking tattoo at the Beauty event, which is also a discount fashion event. Walk to the very back, go to the 2nd floor, and it's to your right, at the Soli's Dream booth. The event ends on June 11th. They are celebrating their 1 year anniversary and offering free gifts at majority of the booths. The Viking tattoo is 1L when you left click the vendor. I've just notified the designer that she didn't set the object to the event group, as it is set to the event designer group. If it's still not set by the time you read this, if it is tonight, feel free to message her and let her know about the group not set correctly. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Good Girls/64/191/24

Edit: It's a unisex tattoo, bom(bakes on mesh) only. A full upper body, front and back, in black.

Edited by Kytteh Wytchwood
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 139 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.