freya, maitreya, or slink female mesh body?

Devilgrey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i love my male slink body, but was wondering which of the more popular bodies would be better for girls & possibly femboy avatars? i prefer bom enabled mesh over strictly omega. im not a fan of appliers. currently i use the lucybody selena for girl avatars but it doesnt have a lot of mesh clothes support, that was my first mesh body i got in sl.

I got several female heads already, one from genus, logo, and the normie head.

• Like 1

For femboy, i'd probably go with Maitreya as it has flat chested capabilities(not sure if Maitreya has an add-on for this themselves now, but they might. I know there are others). Maitreya is the most supported female body out there, and you'd be hard pressed to find any rigged mesh clothing that doesn't have it.

Edit: However keep in mind that flat-chested mods are less supported so you won't always find sizes for those.

Edited by RitaCallisto
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RitaCallisto said:

For femboy, i'd probably go with Maitreya as it has flat chested capabilities(not sure if Maitreya has an add-on for this themselves now, but they might. I know there are others). Maitreya is the most supported female body out there, and you'd be hard pressed to find any rigged mesh clothing that doesn't have it.

Edit: However keep in mind that flat-chested mods are less supported so you won't always find sizes for those.

looking around at flat chest mods for different mesh bodies, the vtech flat chest mod for maitreya is also the most supported clothes wise. slink and maitreya now have thier own flat chest mods but were later to the game than vtech.

maitreya body with the vtech mod seems like the best option to switch between both females and femboys

Edited by athley

7 hours ago, athley said:

i love my male slink body, but was wondering which of the more popular bodies would be better for girls & possibly femboy avatars? i prefer bom enabled mesh over strictly omega. im not a fan of appliers. currently i use the lucybody selena for girl avatars but it doesnt have a lot of mesh clothes support, that was my first mesh body i got in sl.

I got several female heads already, one from genus, logo, and the normie head.

Maitreya definitely, for the chest mod options. Maitreya does Petite and Flat, but I still like V-Tech best for flat, partly because there's more clothes available for it and partly because it has a better shape. 

If you're loyal to Lucybody and/or looking for a cheaper option than Maitreya, there's two bodies from Lucybody that you might want to look at; Natasha is a completely flat chest option and Vania is very petite. Natasha fits Maitreya + V-Tech clothes and Vania fits Petite (as long as you have breast sliders turned down to 10 or less). Both these bodies are BOM-only.  Speaking of Lucybody, if you want a very cheap female body you ought to pick up the freebie from the Midnight Mania. It may take 3-4 days to reach target and pay out but it will eventually, and you need to buy the BOM relay for L$197. This (and all new bodies from Lucybody) fit Maitreya clothes and Slink shoes so there is no shortage of stuff to wear.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Slink has a petite add-on for their female bodies. Check the demo.

Slink's Redux is a BOM only body.

There is a petite add-on for both Slink bodies (regular and Hourglass) but there's almost no clothing made for them. Same for Belleza Freya, which has a V-tech option and virtually nothing to wear.

There are really only two viable options for a femboy avatar. Top choice is Maitreya. Second is Kemono, which is an entirely different thing altogether. Kemono needs special skins and everything, it's not compatible with anything made for other bodies. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Maitreya definitely, for the chest mod options. Maitreya does Petite and Flat, but I still like V-Tech best for flat, partly because there's more clothes available for it and partly because it has a better shape. 

If you're loyal to Lucybody and/or looking for a cheaper option than Maitreya, there's two bodies from Lucybody that you might want to look at; Natasha is a completely flat chest option and Vania is very petite. Natasha fits Maitreya + V-Tech clothes and Vania fits Petite (as long as you have breast sliders turned down to 10 or less). Both these bodies are BOM-only.  Speaking of Lucybody, if you want a very cheap female body you ought to pick up the freebie from the Midnight Mania. It may take 3-4 days to reach target and pay out but it will eventually, and you need to buy the BOM relay for L$197. This (and all new bodies from Lucybody) fit Maitreya clothes and Slink shoes so there is no shortage of stuff to wear.

I was not aware Lucy body fit maitreya clothing and slink shows. And that Lucy body Natasha fit vtech stuff. I will keep this in mind then. I do like how Natasha looks for more femboys. So it’s a option. Thanks for letting me know

13 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

There is a petite add-on for both Slink bodies (regular and Hourglass) but there's almost no clothing made for them. Same for Belleza Freya, which has a V-tech option and virtually nothing to wear.

There are really only two viable options for a femboy avatar. Top choice is Maitreya. Second is Kemono, which is an entirely different thing altogether. Kemono needs special skins and everything, it's not compatible with anything made for other bodies. 

I saw slinks petite and that it didn’t have anything clothes wise.
I have avatar 2.0 which is similar to kemono and I’m not really a fan of how it’s appliers only. I bought 2.0 early on when transitioning to mesh before knowing the true differences between bom & appliers.

3 minutes ago, Saijito said:

I was not aware Lucy body fit maitreya clothing and slink shows. And that Lucy body Natasha fit vtech stuff. I will keep this in mind then. I do like how Natasha looks for more femboys. So it’s a option. Thanks for letting me know

I'm not sure if the original Selene body fit Maitreya - I think that one might actually pre-date Maitreya, there was Afrodite that came inbetween. I think Atenea and the current range are the first ones to fit Maitreya clothes. They always did fit Slink shoes though; before Lucybody was Lucybody, they were Lucyshoes, making slink-fit shoes and cheap mesh feet that fit them.

Just now, Saijito said:

I saw slinks petite and that it didn’t have anything clothes wise.
I have avatar 2.0 which is similar to kemono and I’m not really a fan of how it’s appliers only. I bought 2.0 early on when transitioning to mesh before knowing the true differences between bom & appliers.

Kemono does work with BOM (I presume you need to buy a relay to convert it) but everything has to be specially made for it; it uses a completely different template than the standard mesh body. Avatar 2.0 suffers from the "hardly anything to wear" problem but Kemono has more. Nowhere near as much as Maitreya/V-tech though. And if you're not a fan of the anime style, you won't find much else. I still vote for Maitreya or the Lucybody clones as being your best choices for this type of avatar.

(me with Maiteya + Petite)

201019_005.thumb.jpg.2df1f69a55d94d588be6ae6c4f7e5948.jpg

1 minute ago, Maitimo said:

I'm not sure if the original Selene body fit Maitreya - I think that one might actually pre-date Maitreya, there was Afrodite that came inbetween. I think Atenea and the current range are the first ones to fit Maitreya clothes. They always did fit Slink shoes though; before Lucybody was Lucybody, they were Lucyshoes, making slink-fit shoes and cheap mesh feet that fit them.

Kemono does work with BOM (I presume you need to buy a relay to convert it) but everything has to be specially made for it; it uses a completely different template than the standard mesh body. Avatar 2.0 suffers from the "hardly anything to wear" problem but Kemono has more. Nowhere near as much as Maitreya/V-tech though. And if you're not a fan of the anime style, you won't find much else. I still vote for Maitreya or the Lucybody clones as being your best choices for this type of avatar.

(me with Maiteya + Petite)

201019_005.thumb.jpg.2df1f69a55d94d588be6ae6c4f7e5948.jpg

i have lucybody selene so i could try maitreya clothes demos. or get a demo of the other mentioned bodys and see. but even just clothes wise i see a lot of slink and maitreya. i already have the male slink for very masculine men. tbh one of my accounts may just end up with maitreya and vtech while the other is the lucy body. im on this account more, so i may just get the cheaper lucy body on the other.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2021 at 6:33 PM, athley said:

& possibly femboy avatars?

I'd say maitreya with the maitreya flat chest. 

I also want to link you to a brand that has created another sub brand under them, specifically for femboys. the brand is sibilla and their femboy brand is Sissybilla. Sissybilla will be making clothing, shoes, and accessories for femboys. The 1st pic shows all of the Sibilla brands. The 3rd, 4th and 5th pics show the femboy look with the details, that can be achieved with inithium's kupra kups body with the flat breast option in the hud and Lelutka Lake female head. HD Bom skins and shapes will also be coming. Sibilla calls this new femboy look, Damean. Also, there is a gift offered by Sibilla, killer platform stilettos in candy pink, that also fit Maitreya, Slink and of course, Inithium Kupra. That is the 2nd pic. They are gorgeous!

https://flickr.com/photos/181793890@N06/

Edited by Kytteh Wytchwood

None of the above, seriously; I use Tonic Fine body. 

I've tried slink and maitreya and slink was too (needlessly) complicated (and the hud too resource intensive) and with maitreya I couldn't get it to look the way I wanted (being vague so I don't run afoul of any standards). 

I've been using Tonic for about 3 or 4 years now and IMO it's a better option for smaller busts than the maitreya petite (which I have and dislike). There's also a curvy body too, but I haven't used that. 

For what it's worth, I regularly use it with a genus head (not sure if that's what I'm wearing in this photo -but I think so):

51184489834_5e74dca5f5_o_d.jpg

Ninja edit to paste a current (today!) photo wearing the Tonic Fine Body, GENUS Project - Genus Head - Baby Face W001 - v1.7 - Mocap, *ARGRACE* CHITOSE [A] Rigged (hair), Zero biker jacket_Punk, random neko stuff and the "lost neko" outfit I got in 2010 ...

51248275154_1e1aa0b323_o_d.png

I don't know the MP address  of her store (if there even is one), but you can get it from her sim "Tonic Water"

Edited by Han Held
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Han Held said:

...which is why I wrote my post. To give the OP an alternative and explain my reasoning for preferring it to the bodies given. 

Fair enough. Just the way you wrote it, was putting down everyone else's suggestions because you don't like them.

Maybe you could have said, "Personally, I am not into the suggestions above, but here is what I do love that I think you may like.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

Maybe you could have said, "Personally, I am not into the suggestions above, but here is what I do love that I think you may like.

I could have, but I didn't. 🤷‍♀️

Thank you for the suggestion.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.