BoM Tattoo Opacity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is it possible to change this after the tattoo is created? I bought a tattoo and it's perfect for what I want, but, it's too bright. I want to make it lighter, more see-through. The tattoo is modify. I tried using tint, but that just changed the overall color. The color itself is fine. I just want it much more transparent.

You can't change the tattoo but there is a workaround, and that's to add a tintable overlay over the top. You need to create (in Photoshop, GIMP or similar) a plain white image with around 25% opacity, and save it as a PNG file and upload to SL.

Now, create a new tattoo-layer, and apply your new texture on the upper and lower body. It will be too pale - play with the tinting until it matches your skin (when the seam at the neck disappears as much as possible).  Wear this overlay over the top of your tattoo.  If you're a bit more confident with the graphics program you're using, you can make a different image for the head with the face erased out and given a blurred edge, so you can get a perfect neck seam match without losing detail in the face. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Another work around is to purchase the tattoo in white, being sure the tattoo is modifiable. Then tint the tattoo to the shade you like which can give you the same effect as reducing opacity.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.