Boomer Interview

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I am trying to look for people that are active in SL that would be willing to sit down with us for an interview in-world that is recorded. We are looking for people in the "Boomer" age group between 57-75 years of age that have been positively or negatively impacted by the pandemic. We are wanting to hear how SL has played a role in staying connected. If interested, please fill out the form below so we can contact you.

Boomer Interview Response Form

If there are any questions or concerns, please message me at Rhia Janick in-world or reply here.

Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Rhia Janick said:

Hi all,

I am trying to look for people that are active in SL that would be willing to sit down with us for an interview in-world that is recorded. We are looking for people in the "Boomer" age group between 57-75 years of age that have been positively or negatively impacted by the pandemic. We are wanting to hear how SL has played a role in staying connected. If interested, please fill out the form below so we can contact you.

Boomer Interview Response Form

If there are any questions or concerns, please message me at Rhia Janick in-world or reply here.

Thank you!

After you've insulted me? No.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

After you've insulted me? No.

Hey Silent,

I apologize if using the term was offensive. That definitely wasn't my intent at all. I meant to use it as a description for age group we were after, but I realize it may come off as a negative term. I'll be sure to keep aware of that in the future. Sorry again!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

who is "us" what purpose and why?

Hi Alwin,

We're still in planning phases, but this is for an in-world lifestyles interview just for blogging purposes.

Just now, Rhia Janick said:

Hi Alwin,

We're still in planning phases, but this is for an in-world lifestyles interview just for blogging purposes.

still... who is "us"... or "we"  purpose and why?

"just" blogging you don't need interviews but can write ány opinion. When i look around in SL there are no people in the range you look for, "we" are nearly all far from that age.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rhia Janick said:

Hey Silent,

I apologize if using the term was offensive. That definitely wasn't my intent at all. I meant to use it as a description for age group we were after, but I realize it may come off as a negative term. I'll be sure to keep aware of that in the future. Sorry again!

Thank you. Apology accepted. I had the feeling you just hadn't really thought out your post. I would like to apologize for being so harsh. It's not always necessary, just sometimes a little difficult to determine when it is. It would appear to not have been in this case and for that I do apologize.

I'd be happy to fill out an anonymous questionnaire (not survey) if you decide to go that route.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

And for those who wonder why it can be insulting (I didn't see the OP as using it this way). Personally, I wear it with pride.  I survived the 70s and 80s.  Mostly.  

A person from the baby boomer generation or really anyone who is older than the person using the word, usually used if said person is being annoying or talking s.hit about a younger generation. Sometimes used in a joking way among friends. Can also describe someone who is out of touch, typically with technology.

"LMAO, ok boomer"
"Karen is being such a boomer"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

And for those who wonder why it can be insulting (I didn't see the OP as using it this way). Personally, I wear it with pride.  I survived the 70s and 80s.  Mostly.  

A person from the baby boomer generation or really anyone who is older than the person using the word, usually used if said person is being annoying or talking s.hit about a younger generation. Sometimes used in a joking way among friends. Can also describe someone who is out of touch, typically with technology.

"LMAO, ok boomer"
"Karen is being such a boomer"

I have never seen this used in this way. I simply see it as a label for a generation. I think they are pretty accurate but there is always someone offended by something I guess.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Ah, youth. (Teasing, but serious.) It's used that way a lot, it's almost the only way I hear it used.

Now, get off my lawn!

Interesting...well, I AM a boomer and not offended at all by it. There are so many other things for people to be offended by. Just check Facebook and you'll find them. :) 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I did check to see who it might be for and after I was OK. Probably for a yooToober who is quite fun.

Was not going to object as rarely log in (no point what with the usual suspects) but will now.  To the one calling it a generation label (the one with a new bought name) the age range includes me and what my Mum would be now. The OP stating that range I was mildly annoyed. You?  Best left unsaid

• Haha 1

I personally don't see it as a disrespectful term at all what so ever. I think people either get to sensitive about it or over think it way entirely to much. lol If someone doesn't like it then it's just as simple as saying I'd rather you not use that term with me please and be done with it. No fuss, no muss. That having been said I have had people crack it over me using the term mate on occasion. lol Now days people piss and moan over every little thing though. It is what it is. lol😎

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sirhc DeSantis said:

I did check to see who it might be for and after I was OK. Probably for a yooToober who is quite fun.

Was not going to object as rarely log in (no point what with the usual suspects) but will now.  To the one calling it a generation label (the one with a new bought name) the age range includes me and what my Mum would be now. The OP stating that range I was mildly annoyed. You?  Best left unsaid

See, I find your post more insulting than the OP's post *which I'm sure was meant to be*  I did indeed buy a new name when they first came out with it. Thank you SO much for noticing. It was well spent money then. What was the point of throwing that tidbit in?  I happen to be born in 1962 which is just on the edge of being a boomer but still a boomer nonetheless.  I'm sure you've been called worse than a boomer.

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Sorry, I don't qualify for your survey, as I am a Pre-Boomer.

Boomers though, as an observer with 3 years added perspective, saw the best and worst of times. And no one can agree which were the best and worst either.  

You young whippersnappers, get off my newly laid sod!

(I am a little offended though, that the OP implies there is no one over 75 yrs old in SL - why don't we count?)

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.