Issues with creating video & SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I dont know what to look for, I been over this for hours lol

So, I created a video, some within SL and some outside. Its 1920 x 1080, 16:9. I uploaded it to YouTube, played it on my prim I created, even tried this via one of the media players out there. I have an issue without the video is displayed and there's nothing via the prim I can do to fix THIS issue

I edit with Premier Pro by Adobe, I know someone that has the same problem with Sony Vegas. Few others that use other programs so i know its not just my software. I'm still learning this program (was my first edit from it lol)

Edging of my video is cut off by SL. I can adjust the texture on the prim all I want, it doesnt bring the edgings of it back.

This is my video in my media player (has edged frame around it)
https://gyazo.com/26368fcb66d03dca71d60a9c8172f550

This is my video at full prim size just to look at it a sec
https://gyazo.com/66294c2e6a452927bb0f9b3c15b76ca3

As you can see, adjusting texture face changes nothing
https://gyazo.com/3e45ac901eb712d86b5d83a35851218c

I need my whole video within the SL texture/prim to fit properly, how do I fix this? It's frustrating to try to find info on

On 5/24/2021 at 1:28 PM, RavenSkye Waverider said:

I uploaded it to YouTube,

Try uploading it to a hosting site (google drive for example) and point your prim at that address. Also, check the texture scaling (edit->select face->texture)(Edit: you already did that)

Edited by Quistessa

5 hours ago, Quistessa said:

Try uploading it to a hosting site (google drive for example) and point your prim at that address. Also, check the texture scaling (edit->select face->texture)(Edit: you already did that)

I've uploaded it to youtube. This seems a common problem and there's no finding info anywhere. Google or anywhere else, is the same issue. The file aspect ratio is fine in youtube, but when placed on a prim, no matter how much you adjust the face, the video does not sit within the face limitations

normally for second life

Edited by RavenSkye Waverider

13 minutes ago, Quistessa said:

MediaScale.png.9d3916626196dd731b9237a114001514.png

You could also try playing with the media-specific scaling options. the 'Choose...' button will take you to the 'MEDIA SETTINGS' window. untick 'Auto Scale Media on Face of Object' and set the size manually.

I have a texture that is placed on a prim, for the media texture for the land. This you posted doesnt fix that. That's as if you were just putting a media face on a prim that isn't connected to anything else. It's not the same thing. I'm playing it through many many media players that connect to the media texture of the land parcel that has same image.

it's not a prim face issue directly

1 minute ago, RavenSkye Waverider said:

I'm playing it through many many media players

Well then you need to debug each step and see if it's changing your video in some way. personally I would recommend using media on a prim rather than parcel media.

2 hours ago, Quistessa said:

Well then you need to debug each step and see if it's changing your video in some way. personally I would recommend using media on a prim rather than parcel media.

If I want everyone at our show to see the video, it has to be via parcel. I cannot put a video link on a prim face by itself and play it. That's not going to work so that everyone sees it at once.

Nothing fits properly within the face limits of second life

No one seems to be able to help either

no information exists to help

All the answers i get isn't fixing the issue, its to do something that doesnt work. 

frustratingly stupid this is becoming

Edited by RavenSkye Waverider

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.