Prim not receiving gmail confirmation email

Agnes Chalet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, i'm trying to setup an automatic forward to an SL prim from a gmail account

Gmail sends a confirmation email with a confirmatin number to automatic forwarding emails

My prim can receive other emails from that gmail address but never receives those confirmation emails.

Are prim emails filtered?

Not to my knowledge. There is an earlier topic in this forum (I think on data or communication) where I remember checking this by sending emails out from one of my objects to my gmail account and then replying to it, successfully.

I believe the method I used was for the prim to send an IM to me while I was offline, Gmail then got this and I replied to it. Possibly the way you're trying to email the object is the stumbling block?

I'm afraid you're going to have to search to find it, but I don't think any code was posted, it was mainly about had the cloud stopped IM/Email communication, and the answer seemed to be there was no difference.

ETA

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/468853-sending-email-to-a-prim/

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku

I did more tests

I can send email from the prim to my gmail account, then reply and receive it in the prim

It is just in the automatic forward of the gmail account, to add an address you must enter a verificaiton code but the email to send it never makes it to the prim ...

So i can't validate the email for automatic forward

59 minutes ago, Agnes Chalet said:

o add an address you must enter a verificaiton code but the email to send it never makes it to the prim ...

Not even after you've received an email from the prim and added it to your list of saved addresses? I suppose the acid test first of all is if you can compose an email directly to your prim rather than have the prim send to you and you reply to it. If the answer to that is no, then I can't see automatic forwarding working either.

I'll see if I still have my test harness and have a play later when I get inworld.

15 hours ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

Not even after you've received an email from the prim and added it to your list of saved addresses? I suppose the acid test first of all is if you can compose an email directly to your prim rather than have the prim send to you and you reply to it. If the answer to that is no, then I can't see automatic forwarding working either.

I'll see if I still have my test harness and have a play later when I get inworld.

I did many tests

I send email from the prim, i received it in gmail

I added the contact then replied to the original email and the message arrived in the prim

Then i used exact same email address as a forward address, send the verification email but it never arrived to the prim ...

I guess there is a filter on the way

15 hours ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

Could it be that the verification email is more than 1000 bytes? What happens when email are too large?

According to the wiki truncation occurs at 1023 characters.

Also in the wiki caveats are some warnings about non-ascii charcters. From recollection these confirmation emails contain a link to be clicked which is often extremely long , I also am not sure you could open such a link in the SL browser to click on it and trigger the validation process, although obviously it could be opened in the external browser, but would the response be satisfactory for Gmail's verification stage, as the details of the responder might not match up with those expected of the object?

Can I provide you with a link to http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Portal a useful resource for this sort of thing.

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.