Bento head issue - Animations not stopping

Parasite Palen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1060 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all, not sure this is the right place for this, so if it needs moving, feel free.

I have a Catwa Daniel head (before you say go to the Catwa support group, read on, I don't think it's the head).

After testing out a few beds the other day, my head now continues to do animations on its own. If I undeform avatar it stops, but only until I next teleport anywhere, then it starts again.

I have tried:

Removing everything but head to make sure no other attachment is affecting it - No effect;

Redelivery of head - Still does it (this is why I don't think it's the head)

Using reset buttons on head hud - No effect (doesn't even stop the playing animations)

Firestorm stop all animations and revoke permissions - Works until teleport

Firestorm undeform avatar - Works until teleport

Reset Skeleton and Animations, relogged - No effect;

No gestures active;

Using scripts I've managed to narrow it down to 2 animations that start playing when I teleport. So I've made an attachment with a script that stops these animations each time I teleport. This works, but of course it's not ideal. Of course I can only get the UUID of the animations, not the names themselves or any other info.

I noticed yesterday on a piece of furniture an option under a Bento Heads selection for global animation persistence, that would mean the bento heads continue being animated even after unsit apparently. Which is why I think I'm still being affected by one of these things. I don't understand why that option even exists. But I think it might be what's happening.

Any ideas on how to fix it? Especially considering replacing the head doesn't work?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Parasite Palen
Added: Other things tried

Choosing Reset Skeleton And Animations resets the avatar's skeleton as described above, and also resets the avatar's animations. When applied to another Resident's avatar, this resets the state of their active animations but does not stop them; no changes will be visible to other Residents. When applied to your own avatar, all animations on your avatar are stopped, and other Residents are able to see the change.

4 minutes ago, Parasite Palen said:

Nope, I don't use them. Had to check just to make sure though lol

After you reset skeleton and animations, did you relog?  

If the animations are the ones from the bed you were testing, perhaps ask the creator of the bed or a CSR?  

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

After you reset skeleton and animations, did you relog?  

If the animations are the ones from the bed you were testing, perhaps ask the creator of the bed or a CSR?  

Didn't relog, so reset again and relogged. No joy.

I tested a LOT of beds that day from about 8 different places, most of which I can't remember.

Have also just tried setting Firestorm preferences to revoke permissions on stand and ran around all the beds in the one store I can remember that I tested, just sitting on them and standing again. No idea if it would have made a difference if I'd found the right bed, but it didn't on any of the ones I tried it on.

Thanks for helping. Weird one huh?

3 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Which bed caused this?

I have no idea, I tested a bunch from a bunch of different stores and only noticed it next day. I can't even be sure it was a bed. I just noticed next day that a different piece of furniture had the global bento persistence, which is why I think it might have been that from one of the ones I tested. I could be completely wrong.

It's definitely not the head itself though, I threw on a ruth 2.0 head just to check and that did it too. So it's definitely my avi stuck in animations.

My scripted attachment to stop them after each time I teleport works, but I'd rather have my avi fixed. 

Ok good news, maybe.

It's stopped. I just did Developer - Character Test - Test Male and now it doesn't seem to be doing it any more. Even though I'd already tried Avatar Health - Reset Default Male Avatar yesterday which had no effect.

Let's hope it holds. Anybody know what the Bento Faces Global Persistence option is all about in some of this furniture?

3 hours ago, Parasite Palen said:

I have no idea, I tested a bunch from a bunch of different stores and only noticed it next day. I can't even be sure it was a bed. I just noticed next day that a different piece of furniture had the global bento persistence, which is why I think it might have been that from one of the ones I tested. I could be completely wrong.

2 hours ago, Parasite Palen said:

Anybody know what the Bento Faces Global Persistence option is all about in some of this furniture?

If you could give me a list of brands to check out (check your teleport history, Alt-H), I can spend a few hours hunting it down. I have guesses but nothing worth saying out loud.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

Hi,

I have had a similar issue for about 3 months now. The avatar keeps NODDING like an idiot sometimes fast and non-stop. With the Firestorm AO on it only happens when I turn Start to walk and stop, sometimes when I open something like inventory or maps etc.

Thing is, I have used FS for years and it was fine until like I said, about 3 months ago.

2 Mesh heads seem to be doing it constantly now. A lelutka Alain and an Akeruka Advanced Mo1.  Originally only the AK head did it.  Swapping to the Lelutka seemed to sort it.

I have not been on SL a lot so about 3 days ago I came in and he was nodding like a moron again.

Did all the resets and loaded default avatar etc.

Went back to Akeruka and it was nodding on and off, changed back to the Lelutka head and it was too.  Driving me nuts as I NEVER change my settings that worked fine for literally years.  Each upgrade of Firestorm I load my saved settings, I have a few saves in different places and tried them all.

Even a CLEAN install of FS was the same once I logged back in and loaded either head in an outfit.

I DID find that the pre BOM head I own does NOT do it. Not sure why this would be as they ALL worked when I first got them...

Two other things to check:

The first is whether you have accepted any Experiences. Quite a few furniture items - beds included - require you to accept an Experience, so that the animations will automatically run when you're seated on the furniture, removing the need to accept animation permissions each time.

The other is for any genitalia that you might be wearing. In the Catwa support group in the past we've had multiple similar persistent animation questions from users of both 'The V' and 'The P', so if you wear any kind of genitalia that contains animations, try removing it and then doing all the Reset Skeleton & Animations and Revoke Permissions again. If that fixes it, re-wear the item and check its HUD to disable the animations. The bed(s) that caused the issue might be interactive with specific brands of genitalia, and have set those animations running. (Head-nodding, in particular, could be an oral animation.)

If neither of those brings up anything of note, check for any other items you might be wearing that could contain animations. Since you mentioned that 'Developer - Character Test - Test Male' stopped the issue, I suspect it's something you're wearing, as Test Male removes everything and puts you back to the basic noob male avatar.

3 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

The first is whether you have accepted any Experiences. Quite a few furniture items - beds included - require you to accept an Experience, so that the animations will automatically run when you're seated on the furniture, removing the need to accept animation permissions each time.

Experiences were one of my guesses, but because they could start animations on you without asking and without you being seated. Regular scripts can already do the first part.

Hey just an update, thanks for your help.

On 5/23/2021 at 7:12 PM, Skell Dagger said:

Two other things to check:

The other is for any genitalia that you might be wearing. In the Catwa support group in the past we've had multiple similar persistent animation questions from users of both 'The V' and 'The P', so if you wear any kind of genitalia that contains animations, try removing it and then doing all the Reset Skeleton & Animations and Revoke Permissions again. If that fixes it, re-wear the item and check its HUD to disable the animations. The bed(s) that caused the issue might be interactive with specific brands of genitalia, and have set those animations running. (Head-nodding, in particular, could be an oral animation.)

If neither of those brings up anything of note, check for any other items you might be wearing that could contain animations. Since you mentioned that 'Developer - Character Test - Test Male' stopped the issue, I suspect it's something you're wearing, as Test Male removes everything and puts you back to the basic noob male avatar.

It's not doing it any more, but the experiences thing makes a lot of sense too, considering almost all the ones I tested were avsitter. And the one's I thought it might be also had plugins for the P. But it was still doing it when I had nothing but the head attached. What I didn't try was the skeleton and animation reset the first time I went noob.

On 5/23/2021 at 10:56 AM, Wulfie Reanimator said:

If you could give me a list of brands to check out (check your teleport history, Alt-H), I can spend a few hours hunting it down. I have guesses but nothing worth saying out loud.

Astralia, Half Deer, Rawage, Strawberry, Kraftwork, LoftAria, Stockholm&Lima, Little Skully, Backbone

From the list you might be able to figure the bed wasn't for me lol

Yeah, I tried a few places. But it could be anything and, as it's not happening to hundreds of people, probably isn't any of the beds. You'd probably be wasting your time trying to track it down.

On 5/23/2021 at 11:22 AM, Redwood Ash said:

Hi,

I have had a similar issue for about 3 months now.

Try the Developer - Avatar - Character Tests - Test Male option, then right click yourself - Appearance - Reset - Skel & Anims. Maybe drop all your allowed experiences too (don't block). Then relog. Then put yourself back together again.

If it doesn't help, I might be able to band-aid it with a scripted attachment like I did mine, but that's far from ideal.

Edited by Parasite Palen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1060 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.