Very Frustrated

AngieHawk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, AngieHawk said:

I just bought another body, by mayreal it is a backed on mesh says it fits slink clothes.....no it wont.

Not sure what that body is, but BOM is useful.  However most Slink clothing sizes are attachments for Mesh bodies, and on a BOM body they may need an alpha layer to prevent skin popping through, depending on the body shape.  There are two Slink body shapes for females, and are quite different below the neck.  (that was a joke but true)

So you need to see which Slink size they fit (Hourglass or Classic Body). Classic Body is more like the default SL system shape, while Hourglass has more curves.

With a BOM mesh body, you still need the alpha cuts, or the alpha layer objects for most clothes, if you want them to fit.  You can just use XXXL size on a small body I suppose, but then your butt WILL look really big with that dress. Also learn what the sliders in Edit do for a body shape and features.  That is another way to make Mesh clothing fit, change your shape. Works up to a point at least.

I would get the Sweet's almost free mesh BOM body to play with, as someone else suggested. MP here: 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Sweets-Ruth-20-BoM-Bento-Mesh-Body-w-Alpha-HUD/18832067

For about 8 $L for most of what she sells for one avatar you can't go wrong or need a DEMO.   I picked up both female and male avatars from her, Ruth and Roth, for all my alts.  No more ugly system hands, or boxy ragged crotches.  And those free BOM genitalia  I mentioned look much better on a mesh body, even as paint-on panties. The painted on parts on the expensive Mesh brands are sort of a joke, unless you are using a child avatar.

The Slink store has extra free alpha layers.  You can also find alpha layers in any of the early mesh clothing outfits at the Freebie stores.  The alpha cut version from Sweets is rather limited, so better to just find the right alpha layer for the clothing and Add it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

The painted on parts on the expensive Mesh brands are sort of a joke, unless you are using a child avatar.

There are plenty of skins for those expensive mesh bodies that have lovely lady bits areas.  

21 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

There are plenty of skins for those expensive mesh bodies that have lovely lady bits areas.  

Extra skins sure, but you need to buy them.  Mine were freebies and look fine on BOM mesh bodies.  My partner has the Lara skin on the Maitreya Mesh Body, the default, and it's not exactly erotic. I need to get her to upgrade to BOM someday.  

Edited by Jaylinbridges

Ah ok.  I can understand freebie skins looking less than optimal especially older system skins.    Every skin from any creator I've purchased has been nicely detailed in that area.  Most, although not all people, purchase a skin they like for their mesh head and the matching body skin.  Some creators do make them as whole BOM head and body like old times but with a bit more detail since mesh bodies allow for it without distortion.  I was never a fan of the default Maitreya skins (Glam Affair).

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

I can understand freebie skins looking less than optimal especially older system skins

I did not mean the Maitreya Lara skin was free - She spent around $15000 L on her first Maitreya body and HUDS, Bento heads (she has 4 brand name heads), hairs, Maitreya clothes and shoes. It is about 4 years old now Lara V4.1, so I will see if updates have changed the details. There are no BOM skins for older mesh bodies of course, just skin Appliers and attachments.

Edited by Jaylinbridges

10 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

I did not mean the Maitreya Lara skin was free - She spent around $15000 L on her first Maitreya body and HUDS, Bento heads (she has 4 brand name heads), hairs, Maitreya clothes and shoes. It is about 4 years old now Lara V4.1, so I will see if updates have changed the details. There are no BOM skins for older mesh bodies of course, just skin Appliers and attachments.

The update for the Maitreya body is free.  BOM skins work on it.  All she has to do is get the redelivery at the Maitreya store.  I thought they had updated to BOM before this most current release though.  They've been BOM for awhile as I remember.  

• Thanks 1

On 5/23/2021 at 1:16 AM, Istelathis said:

My favorite is the mesh Ruth avatar, is listed here:

You can also go to New Resident Island, where walkthrough tutorials takes you through the process of using Ruth (female) or Roth (male).

Both are BOM and compatible with classic texture clothing. Ruth fits much clothing intended for classic female avatars, although not perfectly. Roth fits clothing intended for classic male avatars, but the fit is not very good. (Ankles and wrists too small, shoulder angles a bit off, close-fitting clothing may not work.) Unfortunately, there's almost nothing purpose-built for Ruth and Roth.

Ruth and Roth are totally open source; you can get all the files from Github and bring them into Blender.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 8:15 PM, AngieHawk said:

I just bought another body, by mayreal it is a backed on mesh says it fits slink clothes.....no it wont.

That's odd - I went through both Mayreal's in-world store and their Marketplace store and didn't see a single mesh body, or even anything close to a mesh body. Only heads, skins, nipple enhancements, etc.

4 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

That's odd - I went through both Mayreal's in-world store and their Marketplace store and didn't see a single mesh body, or even anything close to a mesh body. Only heads, skins, nipple enhancements, etc.

I have a feeling the OP nis confusing shapes with mesh bodies.

My advise is to stop wasting money on things you don't understand. I know how hard it is to understand how things work right now, but take your time and read, try demos and read. I know how confused I was with sizes and other thing - shapes. I didn't know what it means. Then skins, then heads. Then separate skins for heads and bodies. I was thinking i will never get it. But you'll get to the point to buy a mesh body, then head, then skins and other stuff. 

And for the women's private parts - I never thought I should buy such thing. But now I have the V after doing some researches and... still haven't use it. I guess I'm waiting for Mr Right after my big disappointment with Mr Wrong. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.