Very Frustrated

AngieHawk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have waisted so much money on Second life on Out Fits, Everything I buy won't fit my avatar I have tried everything, I have tried Belleza Venus, Isis, Freya, Maitreya Lara, Slink Physique,  and Hourglass sizes. nothing works on my avatar, waste of money all these outfits are in my inventory collecting dust because they won t work on me.  Don't anyone make just plain outfits that fit everyone. Or on Just plain avatars at least. I am about ready to quit I am so frustrated and my 2 sisters are the same.  I have purchased alpha layers and they are worthless as well not enough choices to layer on the body If anyone can help please comment. Thank You.

I assume you have the starter avatar that you were given when you signed up for the account seeing as you are one day old?

The outfits for the bodies you are mentioning are for mesh body and only certain clothes will fit certain bodies. It sounds like you are needing clothes for a system avatar.

Stop buying things until you have an understanding of how second life works and how clothes fit different bodies.  Start with this one.

• Like 6

I have purchased 2 bodies, 1 is Body & Soul - Complete Avatar - BEAUTY BOUTIQUE - Fleur - Hollywood, and the other is [Dionysus] - Marilyn Complete Super Model Avatar, I purchased these Avatars the same day I joined.

I agree with Sam's comments to you.  You do need to take the time to find out how things work in SL.  You will have a hard time getting anything to fit until you understand better.  So please do stop buying and do a little research.  To wear any of the clothes you listed,  you must also have the body for which those clothes were made.  AND bodies you purchased are not likely to have designers making clothes for them so clothing to fit them would be pretty difficult to find.  I suggest you take one of the names you mentioned i.e. Maitreya and go get a demo body from them,  then try the clothes for that label on and see what happens.  As a new person in order to get what you want you really do have to do some research first.  Go get Body Demos,  then check MP for clothing that will fit those bodies and get demos of those and try only clothing made for the body you are trying on..   it won't cost you anything if you always try a DEMO first.

SL is not worth buying a body, then a head, and then privates', darn it would be easily 100 US dollar's before you get clothes,  I have  a hard time spending anymore.

I have one last question if no designers are making clothes for the avatars I purchased then why do they sell those avatars?  There should be a disclaimer on those avatars saying no clothes available for this avatar don't waste your money, lol

Thank You all for replying

Edited by AngieHawk
forgot a add on

8 minutes ago, AngieHawk said:

SL is not worth buying a body, then a head, and then privates', darn it would be easily 100 US dollar's before you get clothes,  I have  a hard time spending anymore.

I have one last question if no designers are making clothes for the avatars I purchased then why do they sell those avatars?  There should be a disclaimer on those avatars saying no clothes available for this avatar don't waste your money, lol

There should be clothes for what you purchased.  At least on the Body & Soul one, it is a shape and skin for the system avatar, so look for clothes that say they fit the system avatar, i.e., system clothing or mesh clothing that comes in 'Standard Sizes'.    There are stores - both on the Marketplace and in-world that still sell clothing that fits on the system avatar.  You won't necessarily find them at the big name events, but looking on Marketplace should get you started on finding some more clothes.  There are still a fair number of people using system avatars. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AngieHawk said:

Smiles..yes SL can be very expensive and you can spend more than $100 real dollars on a avatar. I've spend way more than I care to admit. You also can have a mesh body and keep the head you have. As far as privates go if I remember correctly that one has privates along with nice pubic hair.  Will it shoot stuff out of it or open and close. NO but that's all over rated anyway. :) More important for a male avatar than a female but that's my opinion.

They do sell older mesh clothes that may fit with alphas however it may not fit exactly and some pieces may bleed through. Honestly your best bet is at the very least invest in a nice body such as Maitreya, Freya, Belleza. Most designers will make their clothes to fit all of those.  

SL is not an "out of the box" game. There is a steep learning curve but once you get it it's VERY easy..well most things. Stick with it and soon you will be enjoying SL with the rest of us.  But do watch some videos and do some basic research on your own as well.

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
added thought
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, AngieHawk said:

It's important to get a demo of the product you're interested in, so that you can test it and make sure it fits before you pay for it. If the product doesn't have a demo, don't buy it.

It's also not the responsibility of a merchant to keep track and tell you if other merchants are selling clothes/addons for their product. It's generally pretty easy to gauge how much choice you have by doing a quick search on marketplace.secondlife.com. (Maitreya brings up over one million results, Beauty Boutique has only a thousand results, most of them not related to the complete avatar...) That said, a "complete avatar" is not something you should expect to have much (if any) support. They're -- as the name says -- a pretty complete package, which makes them very niche and incompatible with anything else.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Will it shoot stuff out of it or open and close. NO

LMAO. Good one!  Nearly spit out my drink.

And you don't really NEED private parts as a female regardless of what any male may tell you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

And you don't really NEED private parts as a female regardless of what any male may tell you.

Because Barbie crotches are so hot.

Both my female alts have private bits, even though neither of them ever have and probably never will engage in any adult-fun-times. It's a bit like why you want to build that model jet engine that you're going to stick inside of the hull of the model airplane where it will never be seen again - it's just nice to know that it's somewhat accurate.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, AngieHawk said:

I have a few Alts that still use the Body & Soul system avatars.  Most come with at least one outfit and a couple skins.  With a system body you can wear mesh clothing, but you usually use the sizes that do not have the designer's name such as Maitreya or Belleza etc, but the sizes that just say L, M S, XS, XXS, XL, XXL or some equivalent. When you wear mesh clothing or attached clothing on a system body, you will need the correct alpha layer for that clothing part.  Unfortunately when Mesh took off, the designers often left out system sizes, and even worse their alpha layers.   But now most Mesh bodies use BOM (Baked On Mesh), which can use the same system clothing that you can, so there is more new BOM with alpha layers.   

You can find all kinds of older Mesh designed for the system body shapes, and even older system clothing, sold on the marketplace and at Freebie shops.  

And because of BOM, the Mesh designers selling system items are including the alpha layers again.

Some of the B&S system heads are quite attractive and well designed.  While they dont have all the fancy materials effects and animations of Mesh Bento heads, they are much better than any of the default avatars that are in the Linden library, imo.

You can also wear a modern Bento Mesh BOM head and a system body, and look just fine if you wear clothing other than a bikini.  The Mesh bodies mainly smooth out the chunky parts of the body and have realistic hands and feet. You'll need to spend about 3000 Lindens to get a decent Mesh Bento body that includes the feet and hands, but does not include a head.  You can still use your system head as you try demos and learn more about SL.

And yeah, some will say you need 15,000 L to get started - but for a beginner, that is not necessary..

Check out the SLINK Redux & Classic Body Bundle, that includes hands and feet, and both BOM and regular mesh bodies.  They make a slimmer Original, and the Hourglass body shape bundle too.  It's a shame the most popular body designers have taken over to the point many clothing designers no longer provide outfits for the Slink body sizes.  But it is still a good place to start, and they are in no way inferior to the overpriced popular brands.  SLINK was also the first to make mesh hands and feet, and they still have the best BOM mesh body system.

Bento mesh heads sometime show up free or for $1 as promotions around Holidays.  The last one was a $6000 L head for $1.  And for Thanksgiving a $5000 head for 0$L.

Now everyone's alts look the same. :)

It's really hard to figure SL out without a mentor.  We lose most newbies just because of your first experiences.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Orwar said:

Because Barbie crotches are so hot.

Both my female alts have private bits, even though neither of them ever have and probably never will engage in any adult-fun-times. It's a bit like why you want to build that model jet engine that you're going to stick inside of the hull of the model airplane where it will never be seen again - it's just nice to know that it's somewhat accurate.

Most skins I've used have some detail in that area which is enough for most people.

19 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

I have a few Alts that still use the Body & Soul system avatars.  Most come with at least one outfit and a couple skins.  With a system body you can wear mesh clothing, but you usually use the sizes that do not have the designer's name such as Maitreya or Belleza etc, but the sizes that just say L, M S, XS, XXS, XL, XXL or some equivalent. When you wear mesh clothing or attached clothing on a system body, you will need the correct alpha layer for that clothing part.  Unfortunately when Mesh took off, the designers often left out system sizes, and even worse their alpha layers.   But now most Mesh bodies use BOM (Baked On Mesh), which can use the same as the system clothing you need and probably can find on the marketplace, and at the many freebie stores.  

And because of BOM, the Mesh designers selling system items are including the alpha layers again.

Some of the B&S system heads are quite attractive and well designed.  While they dont have all the fancy materials effects and animations of Mesh Bento heads, they are much better than any of the default avatars that are in the Linden library, imo.

You can also wear a modern Bento Mesh BOM head and a system body, and look just fine if you wear clothing other than a bikini.  The Mesh bodies mainly smooth out the chunky parts of the body and have realistic hands and feet. You'll need to spend about 3000 Lindens to get a decent Mesh Bento body that includes the feet and hands, but does not include a head.  You can still use your system head as you try demos and learn more about SL.

And yeah, some will say you need 15,000 L to get started - but for a beginner, that is not necessary..

Check out the SLINK Redux & Classic Body Bundle, that includes hands and feet, and both BOM and regular mesh bodies.  They make a slimmer Original, and the Hourglass body shape bundle too.  It's a shame the most popular body designers have taken over to the point many clothing designers no longer provide outfits for the Slink body sizes.  But it is still a good place to start, and they are in no way inferior to the overpriced popular brands.  SLINK was also the first to make mesh hands and feet, and they still have the best BOM mesh body system.

Bento mesh heads sometime show up free or for $1 as promotions around Holidays.  The last one was a $6000 L head for $1.  And for Thanksgiving a $5000 head for 0$L.

Now everyone's alts look the same. :)

It's really hard to figure SL out without a mentor.  We lose most newbies just because of your first experiences.

Have you tried the Kalhene body/head?  I think the combo was around 1800L and from what a few people here mentioned, fits a lot of Maitreya clothes.  I haven't heard anyone mention it recently though.

Eta.  I just looked.  They have 3 now.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Kalhene-ANYA-BENTO-fitted-mesh-bodyHead-v40/19973384

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

Oh there are free system Female Genitalia that do the job on old system bodies.  They are so old they spit dust, but they are free.

The most common are called Pu**y - Regular Pu*es, and Realistic Pu**y (add like panties), for system bodies only.

The censors here assume we can't call a cat a pu**y, cause we are all 5 yrs old, or something.

They will probably censor this too, so I'll replace Pub es with Pu*es. 

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Oh there are free system Female Genitalia that do the job on old system bodies.  They are so old they spit dust, but they are free.

The most common are called Pu**y - Regular Pu*es, and Realistic Pu**y (add like panties), for system bodies only.

The censors here assume we can't call a cat a pu**y, cause we are all 5 yrs old, or something.

They will probably censor this too, so I'll replace Pub es with Pu*es. 

Rowan giggles like a 5 year old, "He said *****".

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, AngieHawk said:

...won t work on me.  Don't anyone make just plain outfits that fit everyone. Or on Just plain avatars at least. I am about ready to quit I am so frustrated and my 2 sisters are the same.  I have pur...

@AngieHawkHonestly this always makes me sad.  Agreed it is needlessly vague at the start and should be easier to get info quickly to jump your experience ahead in a "modern" way, while still having fun and without getting frustrated or feeling like one is spending on useless stuff. 

Great info offered above.  Don't give up... very doable!  And sometimes inworld is faster to jump you ahead via IM, for rapid fire questions without any "limit" in what you post here as a new user in the forums.

If you reach out to me via IM while you are inworld, I am happy to help.  I am on most days, SL time.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Have you tried the Kalhene body/head?  I think the combo was around 1800L and from what a few people here mentioned, fits a lot of Maitreya clothes.  I haven't heard anyone mention it recently though.

Eta.  I just looked.  They have 3 now.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Kalhene-ANYA-BENTO-fitted-mesh-bodyHead-v40/19973384

They have a new body release coming soon. I own these bodies and I think they are awesome. Check their flickr for new body WIP.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Most skins I've used have some detail in that area which is enough for most people.

Most people don't know how to boil an egg properly, it's hardly any good indicator of what one's expectations should be in life, whether first or second.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, colleen Criss said:

They have a new body release coming soon. I own these bodies and I think they are awesome. Check their flickr for new body WIP.

Does most Maitreya clothing fit as it says in the ad?  It really is a good deal and for someone new, probably the easiest and least expensive way to upgrade.  Over time, we all develop our own style and preferences. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

Does most Maitreya clothing fit as it says in the ad?  It really is a good deal and for someone new, probably the easiest and least expensive way to upgrade.  Over time, we all develop our own style and preferences. 

Yes, I have had no issues fitting Maitreya to this body and it uses BOM .

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Orwar said:

Most people don't know how to boil an egg properly, it's hardly any good indicator of what one's expectations should be in life, whether first or second.

I was addressing your statement about looking like a Barbie crotch which is miles apart from the Ken crotch.  Every skin I've ever used had the outer details of a woman's nether regions nicely painted on the skin.  Men, on the other hand, have no such option.  

When putting together an initial avatar, female genital are hardly a must have for most people.  

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.