SL Profile Feed isn't registering "Love"

Myra Wildmist

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

(I'm just posting this here in case a tech person happens to see it.)

The SL Profile Feed is not recording "Love". If you love someone's photo or comment, it seems to register it, but when you go back to check the Love isn't there (Maybe the profile feed is some allegory for rl.). This seems to be happening throughout the feed. Comments work, but not the Love.

For all of us seeking the approval of others, please fix this.🙂

But more seriously... This is such a basic feature. How does something like this break at all?

44 minutes ago, Myra Wildmist said:

(I'm just posting this here in case a tech person happens to see it.)

The SL Profile Feed is not recording "Love". If you love someone's photo or comment, it seems to register it, but when you go back to check the Love isn't there (Maybe the profile feed is some allegory for rl.). This seems to be happening throughout the feed. Comments work, but not the Love.

For all of us seeking the approval of others, please fix this.🙂

But more seriously... This is such a basic feature. How does something like this break at all?

• Like 1

sooo it's been broken for at least a month according to the ticket. I get that maybe the SL feed isn't a priority for the Lindens but it is part of the SL experience for a lot of us. Dear Linden Labs, please fix our feed. We actually do use it. Maybe more people would if it was maintained and not allowed to bug out for weeks.

Not sure what point you're making, Solar. People still use it, a fair number of people, though maybe not a major amount.

10 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

The feed has been around for some time, without major adoption/usage beyond the Facebook/Social media crowd.

There's a reason the old Profile system still exists and is usable and the above (in this post anyway) is a large part of that.

• Haha 1

My point is contained right in the post: It is a "feature" that only appeals to a rather specific crowd, implemented during a time when Linden Lab was trying to draw users in from varied Social media platforms.

Enough end users disliked it that varied TPVs tracked down the still functional hooks for the original profile system and used those while still offering the Social media crowd the option to use their precious Web Profiles and Feeds.

And yes, you're quite right - there is quite likely more important things for them to worry about than a non-functional Like/Love/Etc system on the Feeds. I'd expect them to back burner the Forum Reacts as well if they started to misbehave - at least, for now.

5 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

My point is contained right in the post: It is a "feature" that only appeals to a rather specific crowd, implemented during a time when Linden Lab was trying to draw users in from varied Social media platforms.

Enough end users disliked it that varied TPVs tracked down the still functional hooks for the original profile system and used those while still offering the Social media crowd the option to use their precious Web Profiles and Feeds.

And yes, you're quite right - there is quite likely more important things for them to worry about than a non-functional Like/Love/Etc system on the Feeds. I'd expect them to back burner the Forum Reacts as well if they started to misbehave - at least, for now.

gotcha. however, it is a feature they provide and people use. They should support their product whether it's a priority for them or not.

• Like 1

I'm sure it's on their extensive list of things to do.  Group chat, beta grid and search being the biggest ones at the moment and used by many more people as they're an integral part of SL.  I don't use and have no friends who use the facebook-like whatever it's called so I wouldn't know if it were working or not.  People had complained a few months back about losing everything on their feeds.  Some got them back, some didn't.  They just spent months working on the Map.

There is always going to be something being worked on.  Some just have a higher priority than others.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.