A Second Life Story!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...eat the pie with your hands.  I gobble down the pie, and wipe my mouth with the back of my hand.  "Wow!  That was good.  Just what I needed!  May I ask you where the girl went that was with you, and who is she?"  Phil looked around, first left, then right. "Sure, I can tell you her name" he said.  "Her name is.....

"Her name is.."

"Come on Phil... Spit it out.. Her name is?" He seemed to be stuck in mental overload. Either that he went for a coffee in real life. I sit down on a neaby log nibbling on the blueberry pie he gave me. Not bad.. Phil can cook or maybe he bought the pie at a SL bakery shop. I can eat as much as I want and yet I never seem to get full...Hmmm.... While I wait for Phil to spit out the name of the girl he was with I decide to lay down some ice, put up some boards, nets and get on my hockey equipment to shoot some pucks around. Lucky I was able to rez things here. I stop suddenly on the ice..SSSHKKKKKK!!

Phil sputtered... "Her name is..."

PHILLIP: "Her name is...... Her name is......." (looks at her name tag) "Her name is Christina"

Then I heard a honk. It's Elite Runner's 2012 Zapax!

Then suddenly it began to rain very very hard and the wind picks up fast! I ran into the 2012 Zapax as I put on my raincoat, rainpants, rainboots and have a sturdy umbrella at hand. I hop out and put up the hood on my raincoat and opened up my umbrella, rushing to Phillip and Cristina who is soaking wet in the rainstorm

Then I saw a few vampires who is currently hunting for Elite Runner. Thankfully, Elite Runner now have a semi-auto handgun and a semiauto rifile. I checked the parcel info... Damage is on.

Me: "THE VAMPIRES ARE AFTER YOU!"

Elite: "Good thing I have my gun!"

Then Elite Runner fires his handgun to the vampires, then when the vampires go nearer, Elite Runner used his rifile gun to fire at the vampires at full auto. Within seconds, the vampires are killed.

Christina's eyes begin to sparkle.  "Why Elite..  How ever did you know that my side dish was going to be comprised mostly of deep fried vampire flesh?  I award you this gold star sticker to show my appreciation for all your hard work.  Come Phillip - we have dinner preparations to make."  Phillip turns as if in a trance and starts to....

shuffle his way robotically towards the kitchen.

Twenty minutes later Elite is sitting at a picnic table outside chewing on the roasted Vampire. "Tis a little crunchy, Christna." He cocked his head to one side as he chewed vigorously. When the others turned their heads he spit the charred flesh out as far as he could hoping no one would notice. "mmmm yum... that was filling." he said with a smile.

"Oh would you like some more?" Christna said lifting the plate of flesh.

Cristina: No thx.

Then Elite Runner told me about the CGR (Cross Grid Rally) and knows that his friend Eight Blinker is partipicating. Phillip's place is near a road and just 1 kilometre away is the starting gate of of CGR. Elite looked through the binoclaurs and saw rally cars at the starting gate. Then the rally cars take off one by one. We then hear the rally cars take off. Phillip and Cristina looked out of the kitchen window and saw rally cars.

Elite Runner then took back the 2012 Zapax and rezzed the 2012 Shark skycar/multi-use vehicle. He hopped in and quickly went into flight mode. Elite Runner then saw Eight Blinker coming via avatar radar, and once he saw Eight's rally car, Elite Runner takes off flying in his 2012 Shark!

After 1 hour, Elite Runner came back to Phillip's place and saw the dead vampires and the flesh from the vampires were gone. Phillip said to Elite: "We were doing some massive cleanup to remove the dead vampires. This place is clear now. They were bots with the username vampireX in which X represent the number. We teleported them home and banned them perminantely"

Elite: Phew. Thank goodness!

Then a tornado came approaching from the west

Elite: TORNADO!

I turn my head. "Say Phil.... were you ever able to get my spaceship returned to me?" I swear this particular Philip Linden isn't the real one since he is a little hunched over in the 'Away Pose' and looks like a noob. Just to be sure I get out a nice set of samauri swords and step through all of the fighting animation around Philip. 'Hmmm... nothing eh?' I sheath my swords. Yeah, definatley a maniquin.

I wasn't sure what happened to the girl... she seemed to have vanished. Maybe Elite ran off with her or maybe something worse happened. I check the BBQ. My virtual heart beat violently as I reached for the lid. It was a big BBQ. At least 7 feet long. Large enough to hold a avatar. There was no smoke coming from it so I was fairly certain it was not roasting anything at the moment. Maybe the winds from the nearby tornado snuffed out the flames. I clicked on the lid causing my avatar to grasp it and fling it open revealing...

...Cristina!

I screamed. Cristina was roasted to death. Elite Runner then ran to me.

Elite: What happened?! I heard you screaming from over there!

Me: I saw Cristina who has been roasted to death.

Elite Runner saw the dead body and inspected her and then the barbeque

Elite: It was well done. The controls were set to high and they used up all the propane.

Elite Runner wore latex gloves, a lab coat and goggles and gathered fingerprints from the controls of the bbq and DNA from Cristina. He then teleported to the ELITE 3000 Second Life Centre Hedquarters Labatory then within several minutes, he teleported back.

Elite: The culprit: Phillip Linden.

Then Phillip came in and Elite and I asked: "Why did you cook Cristina to death?!"

• 3 weeks later...

Roseysun Galicia wrote:

Hippie Bowman wrote:

So after all the flesh bar-b-qing, Phil began to feel a bit tired.  He needed a nap.  He strolled off to the north in search of a.......

towel.  He had heard that he should always take a towel with him on his travels and decided to find one.  As he walked he started to whistle and laughed as the number forty two popped into his mind.  "What is 42?"  He said to himself with a shrug as he walked off in search of his towel.

As the cooling night air coaxed fog from the shadows, Phil walked up the wooded path to the cabin. The bug-zapper snapped a welcome as he approached, as if it knew why he needed a towel. As he rolled the mysterious number around in his mind, he was startled by a lithe form perched on the porch railing, blowing across her newly painted fingernails.

"You wonder about 42, yes?"

Phil stopped cold... "How did you know?"

"That's the version number of the viewer what we'll all finally like."

Beads of sweat appeared on his furrowed brow.

"Here's your towel."

Phil flipped it nervously over his shoulder and climbed the porch, inhaling the heady scent of nail polish, musk, lavendar and WD-40. He wanted to turn and ask, but...

Phil put his hands to his forehead, and closed his eyes. Streams of code flashed in his mindNumbers and formulas, in a vortex, whizzed past his minds eyeHe zoomed into the center of the vortexBright light, and thousands of indefinable dark objects circled the center of the vortexHmm42Could it be? he opened his eye and...

Roseysun Galicia wrote:

Blinked, "A ship.  I must find a ship."  He stood up and started down the path as he whistled.  "A ship, strong coffee, and a beer.  Not necessarily in that order."  He said to himself.  Still in the back of his mind he wondered what WD-40 had to do with viewer 42. 

As he comtemplated this, a ship hove to, and he exclaimed "ooo! look a ship !!! " To which the ship's captain replied "Why does Philip need a ship?"

"To sail the Second Life seas." Philip replied. "A ship with more power and faster processing so mesh objects will become very intriguing in the metaverse, so a ship in a metaphorical manner would represent better servers, which in turn will be about veiwer 42."

The captain nodded... "and the WD-40 represents the well oiled machine of Second Life, but I do think there is a missing link in the chain. I saw..."

• 2 weeks later...

their jaws hit the floor. The woman had the last frosty cold beer with beads of condensation slowly sliding down the side of the can mezmarizing their eyes. The woman tilted her head back and raised the can high toward her lips... It seemed to take forever like it was in super slow motion. We screamed "NOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!" in unision as she begain pouring the beer like a golden cascading waterfall of glory towards her mouth. We leaped towards her our lips parched by the hot noon sun.

• 3 months later...

The cogs in Philips AI began to multiply and divide, adding and subtracting at a furious pace. (must have upgraded to a Intel i7 processor) He blinked and smiled. "By my calculations, woman from the future, 42 vibrates down to the base number 6, so viewer 6 should be great as in 6 times the pleasure of the current viewer. The beast will ROARRRrr to life!"

Philip raised his hands high into the air.

"Come to me my darling..." The woman said, "I think you have my number. Together we shall raise the beast viewer!"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.