Recent land activity near Bingo Strait

Lloyd Overland

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sailing along Bingo Strait in recent days I have watched as the land formerly part of a mainland land rentals business has been handled by LL. Firstly massive thanks from me and I am sure many other sailors and explorers for Linden Lab maintaining the the former 'Brenda's Channel' which was a open waterway between Linden water regions, marked yellow below:

image.png.23c6909fdea50662040a67252dca5ec8.png

Initially owned by Guy Linden it is now renamed Quagmire Channel and owned by Govenor Linden maintining it as a useful cut through for everyone.

I have been impressed by the efficiency of the auction process while being astonished by the prices achieved. Pastiche (56736 M²), which is to the right of the top two purple squares, being occupied by existing lands (one saying 'I'll never sell') went for L$1.3m. Horrorbag (32768 M²) which is where the bottom left half purple region sold for L$1.5m, Woodfall (60416m2) sold for L$889k, this is which is where the red for rent and yellow for sale. Disappointment for LL is Skeezits (65536m2) which went for a 'bargain' L$201k, this is the land to the left of the yellow box region.

As you'd expect the for sale plots are at land baron mark-ups but for me this shows there is a a lot of money to be made still in premium land and obviously the sale proceeds are additional revenue to LL.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.