Chvdi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1041 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

41 minutes ago, Chvdi said:

Looking forward to reading ure thoughts^^

Ā .. these discussions are hold up to the point the teeth of many are totall worn by the re-chewing of all pro's and contra's.
In every, also current discussions, about security/orbs ( and more) banlines are also subject of discussion.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chvdi said:

Would it be possible to implement a change in the way banlines behave.

I was thinking what if banlines would change to only possible from 500m and up.

Could become some kind of "banlines-skybox".

Could also be continent-wise, Sansara is my fav continent tbh and i have crashed into multiple banlines which ruins certain locations/neighbours enjoyment.

Im sure it has pro's and con's.

Try using a ban lines detector.Ā 

2 hours ago, Chvdi said:

Would it be possible to implement a change in the way banlines behave.

I was thinking what if banlines would change to only possible from 500m and up.

Could become some kind of "banlines-skybox".

Could also be continent-wise, Sansara is my fav continent tbh and i have crashed into multiple banlines which ruins certain locations/neighbours enjoyment.

Im sure it has pro's and con's.

The ability to use banlines on mainland has been in place for as long as I can remember.Ā  To change it now?Ā  No.Ā  If you want no ban lines, travel on the Bellisseria regions.

• Chvdi changed the title to Nvm.

It's true that nothing is going to change about banlines on existing Mainland. That doesn't mean banlines make Mainland a more appealing,Ā more marketable place, but it's just too late to change now. That's kind of a shame because, as suggested, banlines would be more valuable at a range of altitudes far above ground level, which now require scripted devices to effect the "security" that banlines could instead provideĀ lag-free. But it's all kinda academic at this point, unless demand for SL magically grows to the point the Lab printsĀ wholeĀ new continents (besides Bellisseria).

• Thanks 1

I would not be so sure, I have heard rumours they have considered it.

Once usage of the Linden Homes areas drops to a level they can rationalise land ownership there, I think the kickback from the minority that value the privacy those parcels offer will create a messy compromise where they will remove the duplicate continent(s) and rehouse people more together on just one Premium Continent... I doubt they will fill a whole continent with people really needing that over what is on offer in Bellisseria It could be as low as tens of regions... That would leave a remaining empty continent. At that point they might consider extending the Bellisseria Covenant across mainland and rehousing those that complain there through a similar process on the remaining areas of the Linden Homes continent but divided up into parcels with rights to ban lines and zero second orbs.

I am not saying it is probable, but it is possible.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1041 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.