Newly created orange clouds in Lost Caves area

Rufferta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1058 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK, I am going to appeal to people's better nature. My closest SL friend wants to live near me, and she is not a GOH'er. I've been watching for the stilts to release on Lost Caves or Schooner, so I could alert her to roll. Unfortunately, I was sleeping when they released (I battle PsA Arthritis in RL, and sometimes I get sickly when there is a flare up).  If anyone who grabbed a handful of stilts there goes to abandon one, would you be kind and message me in-world so I know to get her on the page and ready?

Edited by Mercedes Avon
  • Like 4

I figured out how they were able to get all those stilts in 2 seconds when they weren't even showing up on the land page yet. Its greedy and disgusting that they also were creating alts with ppl on the forums names that speak out against them. Standing in front of homes trying to intimidate. Stupid drama over homes is what this boils down to. 

Mercedes, I am sorry you battle those flare ups.  I have bad health issues too and SL is definitely a wonderful distraction most of the times. I hope you are feeling better right now. Sending you those feel better vibes!! 

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Stellaa Starlight said:

I figured out how they were able to get all those stilts in 2 seconds when they weren't even showing up on the land page yet. Its greedy and disgusting that they also were creating alts with ppl on the forums names that speak out against them. Standing in front of homes trying to intimidate. Stupid drama over homes is what this boils down to. 

Mercedes, I am sorry you battle those flare ups.  I have bad health issues too and SL is definitely a wonderful distraction most of the times. I hope you are feeling better right now. Sending you those feel better vibes!! 

Yes, I am feeling much better this evening, and thank you for your kind comments. BIG HUGS!

• Like 3

Ah, well, as it turned out I didn't have any lurking time today.   Guess I'll stick with the slightly awkward, minimally scenic stilt I have until a new theme appears.   It's geographically neat, at least.

It's a GOOD thing that RL is busy enough that I have no lurking time. 

Yes, it's a GOOD thing.

A GOOD thing.

yes.

• Like 4

Darn - that is frustrating. I did go look at the three stilts in Lost Caves, and the one in Plage Marsouin that had been haunted by orange clouds, and they don't seem to have been obviously claimed by any cabal*, although one does seem to have been claimed by one of the cloud's alts. The clouds are gone. 

Maybe I'll be the lucky one next time.

*You know the cabal - the group called "All Your Stilts Belong to Us".

Edited by Rufferta
cleaned up language
  • Like 2

*looks at the map, rolls her eyes, and shakes her head at the parcel names*

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if everyone else moved out of Bellisseria and let the one or two people just have ALL THE HOMES? Would it ruin the fun if there was no one left to "win" against? Something to ponder. 

(As a side note, I am loving my private region more each day, but I feel bad for those of you still having to put up with this frustration. I gave up GOH altogether, and am much happier for it.)

P.S. However, I have no intention of ever giving up my chalet in front of the waterfall in Limestone, because I beat out the alt army to get it, with just one account, on the first roll. 😂 

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

*looks at the map, rolls her eyes, and shakes her head at the parcel names*

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if everyone else moved out of Bellisseria and let the one or two people just have ALL THE HOMES? Would it ruin the fun if there was no one left to "win" against? Something to ponder. 

(As a side note, I am loving my private region more each day, but I feel bad for those of you still having to put up with this frustration. I gave up GOH altogether, and am much happier for it.)

P.S. However, I have no intention of ever giving up my chalet in front of the waterfall in Limestone, because I beat out the alt army to get it, with just one account, on the first roll. 😂 

I have wondered that same thing lol. As for your beautiful chalet I'm happy you are keeping it. Glad it was able to go to someone who will actually use it.

I am dropping my alts premium. I'm tired of the clownery that is GOH nowadays.  I never considered myself part of GOH and I am happy for that. Their actions though are going to ruin Belli. 

• Like 4

For me,  the cabins were the real prizes in Lost Caves.  They're beautifully landscaped, have fabulous views, and a water rez zone on a huge waterway.  I was really sorry to have completely missed that release.

To my eye, one stilt is very like another stilt.  I did have an OL one once that was adorable, it had a couple of little ponds in front and enough water to dock a boat in back, but it belonged to an alt who needed to retire.

New theme introduction soon!   Patch seems to feel it's a doozy, so a lot of stilts and chalets will prolly hit the land page a few weeks after SL18B.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

For me,  the cabins were the real prizes in Lost Caves.  They're beautifully landscaped, have fabulous views, and a water rez zone on a huge waterway.  I was really sorry to have completely missed that release.

To my eye, one stilt is very like another stilt.  I did have an OL one once that was adorable, it had a couple of little ponds in front and enough water to dock a boat in back, but it belonged to an alt who needed to retire.

New theme introduction soon!   Patch seems to feel it's a doozy, so a lot of stilts and chalets will prolly hit the land page a few weeks after SL18B.

I feel the same way. I got a cabin there completely by chance. I have never got anything on a new release before. It is my home, and I am in love with it. I feel very lucky.

• Like 9

I'm sorry I started this thread. I was just curious about the orange clouds, and apparently they DO have something to do with Gaming of Homes*, but there is no way to be sure that any of the lucky new settlers were actually involved.

Yes, I suspect at least one, because her cloud-profile and resident-profile are very similar, but that's not proof.

To be a bit pedantic, from Wikipedia 

"Post hoc ergo propter hoc (Latin: 'after this, therefore because of this') is an informal fallacy that states: "Since event Y followed event X, event Y must have been caused by event X." It is often shortened simply to post hoc fallacy."

Just because our new neighbors arrived after orange clouds, doesn't mean any of them were orange clouds or cheated in other ways. Please give them the benefit of the doubt before we tar and feather them.

*Actually, at first I thought they were just code-farts.

Edited by Rufferta
husband quote
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Rufferta said:

I'm sorry I started this thread. I was just curious about the orange clouds, and apparently they DO have something to do with Gaming of Homes*, but there is no way to be sure that any of the lucky new settlers were actually involved.

Yes, I suspect at least one, because her cloud-profile and resident-profile are very similar, but that's not proof.

*Actually, at first I thought they were just code-farts.

There wasn't anything wrong with the question. Sometimes it does turn out to be ghosts and we obviously need to know that, so we can send Patch down with the new gravestones.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

Greetings, All!

Off Topic and Inflammatory posts have been removed from this discussion thread. 

Community Participation Guidelines.

• Interpersonal Disputes or Personal Negative Commentary: If you have a personal disagreement, do not post about it on the Second Life community pages. Residents who have personal differences have other channels of communication available to them — private messaging in the forums, IM within Second Life, or chatting within Second Life.
  • No Flaming: "Flames" are hostile or disruptive posts, or messages intended to incite an angry response. Spirited discussion and constructive disagreement are welcome, but name-calling and airing of grievances are not appropriate in our discussion areas. We will also not tolerate any post that encourages others to violate any policy of Linden Lab
  • Off Topic Content: Please keep your commentary relevant to the discussion and within the format that the forum, board or question and answer area require. (For example, in the Answers section, please follow the Q&A format of the discussion.) Content that is blatantly off topic is not permitted. You may also not post regarding subjects that do not relate to Second Life except in the General forum discussion board.

Second Life Community Standards

Disclosure

Sharing personal information about other users, either directly or indirectly, without their consent—including, but not limited to, gender, religion, age, marital status, race, sexual orientation, alternate account names (including account statuses, such as whether it is on hold, suspended, or active), and real-world location beyond what is provided by them in their user profile—is not allowed. Except for the purpose of reporting abuse or any violation of policies to Linden Lab, the remote monitoring, posting or sharing of conversations without a participant’s consent are prohibited.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

It looks like a couple more regions to the south-east that have similar properties (and I can see a collection of "alts" gathered in Beiramar already). I wonder if that one and Peacock Bay will get released tomorrow.

And then of course, there's that whole north coast going back towards the first Belli regions. Once that's completed there'll be a whole load more coastal cabins and stilts just like these. 

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1058 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.